1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm okay with Jerami Grant.

Unlikely however.

And I do not believe AG has ever been on Morey's radar, unfortunately.

baller4life315 likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

fattz likes this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

There are lots of moving parts but the end result is very nicely done. Each team seems a little better less the Kings maybe a pick coming from the NYK.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Not sure who from Nwaba and Bruno you are considering playable considering neither of them have played.

I really don’t think we would have won the chip if we took away EG and added Turner.

Having said all that, I’d still do that trade.

treyk3 likes this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hahaha. Not to be mean I’m just breaking balls but that team sucks! And in what world is Nwaba starting for us next year?!?

saleem and D-rock like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hmm. I doubt Denver won’t fork up and keep him. There aren’t too many $18M a year contracts that are going to be tossed around this off season.

HP3 likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Nwaba is going to surprise a lot of people.

8. fattz

fattz Member

That is nice because everyone else is just going to be a year older. Maybe with new leadership some of the familiar faces will find new success.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. fattz

fattz Member

Harden plays point forward AND gets help in different ways as we put role players (some with upside) around him. I am taking everything being rumored and adding some spin. NYK helps with Westbrook I think Westbrook still has value in some markets. NYK maybe a good place for him to land.

#8 / Randle / Payton / Barrett

I think both sides can say they are better off after the trade. They get a superstar they can afford to pay no matter what for 2 draft picks Barrett last year #8 this year and a few free agent they picked up.

Us long story short...

Rotation players —> Paul —> Westbrook —> rotation players

net loss one FRP & 2 swapping of FRP. For a better than average shot at the title while Harden is in his prime. PLUS We haven’t had a pick as high as 8 in a long time. & Barrett really turns it into FRP swaps. Tucker for a future pick, too. (Now is the time on him)

Payton, Barrett, Harden, Covington , Bamba —> Gordon & Randle*

*Turner if the Pacers will take Randle for him
    *Aaron Gordon if the Magic will take Randle for him

(If there is any merit to House for Bamba)

-Keep Eric Gordon his value will only increase. Keep even if it’s just an expiring contract in a few years.

-Maybe #8 works out, too.

We are in very good place if NYK were to take Westbrook on.

NYK lands a Superstar MVP that is coming off career best in season efficiency. They keep Robinson as another building block to pair with Westbrook.

11. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

EGordon, LMM for AGordon works in the trade machine.

Westbrook, Rivers,
    Harden, McLemore
    Covington, House
    AGordon
    Tucker

Meh? Maybe try to snag Bamba while you’re at it? Or Vucevic if he’s even available.

D-rock likes this.
  12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Harden is NOT going anywhere unless he demands a trade and even then, it's still iffy. We need to keep moving pieces around him. Unless what's coming in is completely lopsided, I don't see us pulling the trigger.

13. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

14. fattz

fattz Member

I like it a lot. House is moved to bench because Barrett is the real deal. I would even start Barrett at the point and Harden RUNS the team as point forward. Barrett is a net positive player and can defend the position. Just my option, a player like Bamba has more value to this team than House.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

ORL: Oladipo, McLemore
    IND: EGo, House, LMAM, Rockets FRP
    HOU: AG, Bamba

Split MLE between Aron Baynes and Langston Galloway/Tyler Johnson (time to move on from Rivers).

Vet min signings for Jeff Green, Josh Jackson and Bruno Caboclo.

2 way signings for 7'0 Dragan Bender and 6'6 Justin Anderson.

Russ/Galloway
    Harden/Nwaba
    RoCo/PJ/Jackson
    AG/Green
    Baynes/Bamba/Bruno

Hold final roster spot for possible trade deadline acquisition.

Rockets can now play 5 out, either big (Baynes) or small (AG or Green). Rockets can also play traditional 4 out with or without 7 footer. Rockets also have multiple lob/roller options in Russ, AG or Bamba.

Rockets now have multiple ball handlers/playmakers at multiple positions:

6'5 Harden, 6'3 Russ, 6'9 AG, 6'1 Galloway, 6'8 Green, 6'8 Jackson, 6'5 Nwaba, 7'0 Bender

Rockets also have personnel to play multiple offense or defense:

PnR, Iso, Princeton, zone defense (build wall or 2-3 zone) or switch everything.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  16. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

4 out of 5. I said Nwaba is interchangeable with any of our current or obtained guards

17. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Interesting... EG, LMM, House works for AG/Bamba too on the trade machine

D-rock likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Also, this works n the trade machine lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4prp2xl

Westbrook, Rivers
    Harden, McLemore
    Covington, Nwaba
    AGordon, Uncle Jeff
    Turner, Caboclo

Bench not as hot but that starting 5 is something. Trade actually makes a tiny bit of sense? Especially if D’Antoni wants to rekindle the magic in Indy. (Not my personal belief but I will allow it if it gets us here) if you pulled this rabbit out AND THEN traded Westbrook for the Knicks package things get real interesting

#1638 Dankstronaut, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If MDA goes to Philly then I think he will want to move Simmons to the 3 and play 2 guards next to Simmons, Harris and Embiid.

Houston in: AG and Turner
    Philly in: Olidipo, Gordon, Tucker, and Orlando 2021 2nd round pick
    Pacers in: Ross, Nunn, Miami 2020 frp, Philly 2021 frp, Houston 2022 frp
    Miami in: Horford (I think that they’ll have enough cap room to trade for him with no outgoing salary and then resign their FAs)
    Orlando in: House, Richardson

Philly gets 2 Guards to start with Simmons, Harris and Embiid which could turn into a very dynamic offense. Tucker can be their backup 4/5 and they get out of Horford’s contract

Pacers get rid of their two headaches, gain Ross and 3 first round picks.

Miami get a good vet in Horford for a very late first round pick and a replaceable PG without disrupting their rotation. They could look to s&t Leonard or use Horford as insurance in case Leonard gets a bigger offer from another team. I feel like Horford could play with Bam for short periods and give the Heat an even stronger defense.

Orlando lowers its salary and gains two good young players who fit their team/timeline better than Ross and Gordon. Maybe the Rockets will throw in a 2nd round pick or s&t Rivers to get the deal done. I’d rather give up the 2nd so I’m keeping Rivers in the below future line up.

Houston gets a new, faster, more athletic and younger starting line up. Hopefully Nwaba can be as good as House.

WB/Rivers
    Harden/McLemore
    RoCo/Nwaba
    AG/Green
    Turner/Bruno

#1639 DM'sVP, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Miami is keeping the powder keg dry for Giannis. Getting Horford shrinks their capspace considerably next summer.

D-rock, DM'sVP and treyk3 like this.