1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's Tax Returns - NYT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, Sep 27, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing I'm speculating on is if this is more reason why Trump is so determined to stay in office. Many of the debts he holds are due in the next four years. I don't think there ever has been a US President that has been foreclosed on. I'm wondering if he think that by staying in office that will keep him from being foreclosed and/or buy him more time to refinance those debts.

Also not ruling out he might use the power of the presidency to address his debts.

2. MystikArkitect

More like compromised.

#282 MystikArkitect, Sep 28, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The guy must be stressed the hell out if the mob are going to come after him. Probably needs the protection of the military to guarantee himself a few more years of life.

After reading the article, a few things that jumped out at me:
    • He has a great team of accountants that he can afford to find every ****ing loophole in the system, I wish I could afford such a team.
    • His great team of accountants seem to walk that fine line between legal and illegal, thus the $72 million audit that is still on-going.
    • He has admitted in the past gaming the system to come out on top and this report supports that statement.
    • He has a lot of debt coming up (as you mentioned), I'd imagine that he wants to buy himself time which is the reason he likely wants to stay president at all costs.
    The article did anger me knowing how much he's avoided paying taxes, but I don't know if I am as mad at him as I am at the system that politicians refuse to ever fix. Imagine, all the loopholes that are available to the wealthy and yet we get ****ed over. It's irritating and I guess I can't blame every wealthy individual hiring a team of amazing accountants that can help you avoid a large tax burden, I'd do the same if I were them.

It's ridiculous how much his team of accountants has walked that fine line and I certainly hope that the audit leads to some sort of criminal charges. It's bullshit some of the things he gets to claim as tax deductions. It's actually infuriating.

The guy has always been a conman, but it's not because he is reducing his tax burden, he is a conman for straight up lying about being a charitable person and paying a **** load in income taxes. ****ing *******.

jo mama, Nook, DonnyMost and 6 others like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am in favor of an escalating FLAT tax, with ZERO loopholes.

DD

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hard disagree.

10% of income for someone making 33 grand(median income of an American) is much more valuable and important than 10% of income of someone making 5 million dollars.

Rashmon and mtbrays like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ilhan Omar goes Dikembe

No Worries, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Laws were broken? No..... say it's not so, Joe...

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

serious question...How much money do y’all think Trump could raise if he set up a GoFundMe?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing the FEC might have issues with that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Sadly, there would be people giving money they don't have in order to support him.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't think you understand, deducting blow outs for your daughter who you weirdly want to bone is totally normal rich hi net worth individual stuff, they're simply better than us that way because the tax code is very complex. It has lots of pages, I understand from certain people

- @Supermac34

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

he could set it up after he loses the election...those bills ain’t gonna pay themselves

I’m seeing the amount of losses he’s been claiming, and my god

U make 400+ mil from the Apprentice and blow it all. U get 400 mil from daddy and lose it all.

cult Trumpers might need to spare a couple hundred dollars to help this guy out...dear leader can’t be out here broke and homeless

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Illegal or not illegal, can Trump defenders at least admit that Trump isn't a "self made successful businesman" at this point or are they still clinging on to that narrative?

Thoughts @Fantasma Negro?

FranchiseBlade and arkoe like this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

NYT brags they were given access to "thousands of individual and business tax returns...including employee compensation information"

This is a major crime being perpetrated here, thousands of individuals having their compensation disclosed illegally to the NYT.

15. DaDakota

That is why I said ESCALATING tax rate.....at 33 grand it might be 5% - and 25% over 1m........that is what I am saying an escalating tax rate.

EP

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. DaDakota

OMG - so you are in favor of tossing Trump in prison now, for illegally committing tax fraud?

Great !!

DD

FranchiseBlade, No Worries and T_Man like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

18. NewRoxFan

LOL

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

You and Humpty are conflating the criminal leaker with the recipient of those leaks

My doctor has legal access to my medical records. He can't legally show them to the New York Times.

20. NewRoxFan

The criminal resides currently at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue... but I guess you and the corruption-in-chief are now saying the tax avoidance information is accurate. Thanks!!