1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you moved to a different country, where would it be & why live there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 24, 2020.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I heard Texas is like a whole other country ..

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

One reason I would not want to live in the US are the mass shootings. I don't want my children to be at risk of that.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I keep thinking about whether or not I'd want to leave the US, but I keep looking elsewhere and there're probably even greater or varied reasons other places aren't all that great, either. It's like I've been saying -- all the cool places I wanted to visit are in the midst of riots, unrest, civil war, or something. All the places I want to move to seem to have issues of their own, so... I think I'm staying put for now. I'm not a huge fan of the "climate" in the States right now, but when you factor in politics, weather, economy, multi-culturalism, etc., I'm not seeing a ton of better options. Although that could change within a matter of months -- who knows.

arkoe and TWS1986 like this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I own my own business. My value is I’m the book of business I’ve developed over the last 20 years. That’s not portable, and my Texas law license won’t mean much there.

Yung-T and Deckard like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Y'all are in the same industry :cool:.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The USA is simply one of the worst developed countries in the world for infant, child, and teen mortality. With our death rates being double, and even in some cases triple that of the other highly developed nations.

How the "greatest country" views this state as acceptable is beyond me.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Put your mind at ease. They are much more likely to get shot by a friend playing with his parents gun, or shot in a random drive by, or shot during a failed robery. When they eventually are shot, the chances are vanishingly small that it will occur during a mass shooting.

Yung-T, Deckard and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, being a victim of a mass shooting is pretty low on my list of worries about the US at the moment.

Xerobull likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

I did this thread a couple months ago...

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Colombia no question. Amazing food, cheap cost of living ( live in a 2br penthouse for 1500) hot hot women, relatively safe , good people, close to Usa.

IBTL likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agree with everything except for the "relatively safe" bit...

IBTL likes this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

This is a picture of my friends sugarbaby (he gives her 500 bucks a month. I spend 2x as much on my girlfriend). Girl even cleans his apartment when she goes over and helps do his laundry. And Medellin is very safe. I have been going there since 2012 and have never encountered any crime and I like to dress up nice. I walk around with LV sandals and have never had any issues lol. I live in downtown Houston at Skyhouse and I FEEL MUCH MUCH MUCH more dangerous walking around at midnight where I live.

[​IMG]

IBTL, Yung-T, Xerobull and 2 others like this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You convinced me :cool:

15. astros123

astros123 Member

With the peso collapsing against the Dollar if you are patient enough you can nab some amazing deals in the coming years. You can easily make 10-15% CAP on your investment. The best thing is most of the condos in Medellin have "hotel licenses' s you can LEGALLY rent them out on airbnb and there's even Airbnb management companies there that do the day-to-day work for you (clean the condo/check in guests). Check out this company its founded by a hedge fund guy from NYC and they do **** the right way.

https://en.casacol.co/

I have no idea why anybody would wanna retire or live in USA. Go to Colombia and see how the women worship the men and you'll wonder why the fk you ever put up an American girl again.

#135 astros123, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    IBTL, Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if I worked for a firm with an international presence that would help. My book is all local for the most part.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are seriously looking at the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica.

Deckard, Xerobull and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

On my short list for south of the border. I’m annoyed that Americans have driven the prices up, though. A quarter mil for a house. Granted, that’s an acre on the beach, but I know it was much less a decade ago.

$501!

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I am originally from Channelview. I have lived in West Auckland, New Zealand since 2002. My wife is a kiwi, so we moved here for family. We have two kids and it is a good place to raise them. This beach is a 20 minute drive from my house:[​IMG]
    New Zealand is not for everyone, of course- it is far away from everything and the cost of housing his high here. Still, it has worked out for me.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I dunno. Just personal opinion, but I think that's a slight upgrade from Channelview.

No Worries, Deckard and astros123 like this.