1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump intends to nominate Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 26, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What happens to those donors if they do nothing?

I also think its a lost cause but they have to do something to keep up enthusiasm.

RayRay10 and raining threes like this.
  2. raining threes

Single white mothers (Having children out of wedlock and getting govt assistance.) are the single greatest denomination of people on the govt tit.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. raining threes

We have a deep thinker here.

Says there's a problem, then refuses to discuss the issues.

cml750 and Space Ghost like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Link?

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I was playing on an election map and found out that Biden would win as of right now even if he lost every projected swing state.

Biden is going to have to lose a lot of states he's projected to win and 4 of 5 swing states, for Trump to win. I guess we'll see. I hope the polls are right because if they are Biden is probably going to win comfortably.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I believed you were looking for an intelligent discussion, I'd engage. But clearly you are not.

RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe they can make up a story about her being on the take for a Ukrainian energy company and try to drag her son into it.

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Ok shouldn’t you be in favor of abortions then, if that’s your gripe? If people see a first trimester abortion as murdering a baby, fine, I get why they’re against it. But I view early abortions as an extended form of contraceptive.

Ideally fewer women would have to face this option and we make birth control or other contraceptives free for everyone. This is a clear way to boost the economy and dampen reliance on the government. This should have bipartisan support in the 21st century. Please don’t get excited about judges who might overturn Roe v. Wade. It would have catastrophic consequences on women and the economy

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He said they would unveil a new plan in 2 weeks about 3months ago. He also said he has a replacement for Obamacare in 2016.
    I think that qualify as empty political promises.

Taking away preexisting protection is a huge change. ACA, like it or not, is the status quo. You take it away, you are going to disrupt the whole industry. Millions will lose coverage and millions more will not be able to get new coverage. Probably going to cause major chaos in the industry.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think they should point out the impact and dangers and the lies and hypocriticism of the republican leadership and party. I think they shouldn’t play political game with delays if they have no chance to actually prevent a vote.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much where I'm at on this whole thing. Trump has the right to do it. It doesn't mean that he should or that it isn't hypocrical of the GOP to push it forward. But it is what it is. The Democrats should not try and change the number of justices should they win both the White House and the Senate.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It seems Democrats are playing this one much wiser than they did with Kavanaugh.

It would be political suicide for any Republican Senator to sit this vote out.

If the roles were reverse, the Democrats absolutely would vote on it instead of waiting for the election. To think otherwise would be naive.

Corrosion, cml750 and ROXRAN like this.
  15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

even the CNN folks think this pick had merit and was a smart choice
    agree with you bro - fairly stated

Corrosion likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

they were reversed.. it was months not less than 40 days.
    are you not even trying now?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Note, republicans have been saying this for ten years. And trump has promised this for four years...

JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Are you referring to 4 years ago? If so, no the roles were not reversed. The Democrats did not have majority. This has only been mentioned about 2 dozen times in this thread already.

ROXRAN, Corrosion and cml750 like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

it was an election year and literally months. we all saw the republicans whining at the time and it wasnt about majority. the roles absolutely reversed and put you on the list of raging hypocrite.

i would have some level of respect to just admit you want a church state and reverse roe v wade instead of running hypocrisy and some element of moral high ground.
    then you have the nerve to say if roles reversed when they fu*cking were. trash!

Reeko, RayRay10 and Space Ghost like this.