1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Crazy that ppl would even watch that crap, after he looked like a toddler vs a Floyd that toyed with him to extend the fight a bit.

2. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

So nobody watched Lomachenko get schooled?

I saw a lot of people elsewhere concede Loma lost but were bellyaching about the cards. I watched it twice. I have no idea where this is coming from. Giving him anything more than three rounds would be extremely generous. Loma clearly won round 11. You can make a case for round 8 and 10 but those aren't clearly his either.

3. HardenVolumeOne

lol i watched the entire thing, people was complaining why wasnt loma throwing any punches in the early rounds and as a man who has followed and studied the history of boxing, i will tell you its because Loma CAN NOT AND DOES NOT know how to fight off the back foot. That attribute is what makes a fighter like floyd mayweather the best fighter of all-time along with ali. In boxing when you move up weight classes you wont be able to overpower guys like you did at lower classes. These bigger fighters will start backing you up and pressuring you( see canelo/floyd), if you know how to fight of of the back foot you can become unbeatable because bigger fighters cant punk you with their size and smaller fighters wont hurt you( because you can outbox them). Loma as much i enjoy watching his fights would get koed by floyd, and floyd is not really a ko puncher. But if we are talking Floyd at lightweight he destroys loma inside of 10 rounds. Tonight we saw a bigger man( lopez beat a smaller man loma), but if loma could fight off the back foot like floyd did to canelo along with diego corraless and jose luis castillo for example than the size would not make a difference

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn I missed the Loma fight, gotta watch a replay.

5. Aware

Aware Member

a lot of great fights to be made at that 135-140 range

loma is a great fighter and still one of the best p4p but its been apparent that he's not untouchable at 135 like he was at feather. I think he could win a rematch tbh but i'm not sure he wants it or that teo is at lightweight much longer. loma v berchelt at 130/135 would be great.

6. Fantasma Negro

Tank ****ing Davis!!!

K mf G, Yung-T, JayGoogle and 3 others like this.
  7. Aware

Aware Member

lmao i forgot tank was fighting and just ended up watching the inuoe fight.

yea leo was always going to get ktfo.
    i wonder how big tank came in. regardless a fight with ryan needs to happen soon.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

9. Fantasma Negro

Davis will knockout Garcia, Haney, Farmer, Comey and probably Campbell. I want to see him fight Lopez, Loma and Javier Fortuna

10. Aware

Aware Member

I'm not sure about that. Tank did what he was supposed to do by knocking out leo, but knocking out a featherweight doesnt really move the needle. Same with his previous fight with Gamboa.

garcia, haney, loma, and teo all beat him imo.
    all could be great fights and need to happen as soon as possible tho.

Yung-T and Fantasma Negro like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was really surprised how small Loma looked -- he's so short/ stocky it kind of masks his actual size until he's next to someone.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Joshua-Pulev today, should be an interesting fight. If Joshua is as weak as in the first Ruiz fight, Pulev might have a decent shot.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pulev really coming back well from the early knockdown, but AJ with the hammer in the final round.

16. Fantasma Negro

#1636 Fantasma Negro, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    K mf G likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pleeeeaaase make this happen, most interesting fight in HW by far.
    Apparently match and rematch both in 2021.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I've been watching as much boxing as I can since the middle of the summer. Top Rank on ESPN was one of the first sporting events back on TV. I watched three main events on Saturday in boxing and all of the Top Rank broadcast. Edgar Berlanga is as exciting to watch as anyone I can ever remember. Nakatani come back on Verdejo was awesome. I missed Shakur Stevenson's fight when he opened up the bubble but they have been pumping this kid up the whole time. Dude looked technically sound I was hoping he finished off Clary but there was no need to take the risk.

I was able to watch a little bit of the Colbert/Arboledo fight between the ESPN broadcast. Chris Colbert finishing on Arboledo was pretty impressive.

Also, Joshua looked strong and I hope they get that Fury fight signed immediately.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Binged some of Colbert's fights earlier today, his natural instincts and counter punching are top tier.

Still eats more shots than he should and sometimes likes to trade blows too much, but has huge potential.

K mf G likes this.
  20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Triple G tonight and Canelo tomorrow. Looking forward to both.

Yung-T likes this.