1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Protesters Harassing Diners

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You tell me who's truly desperate in America ....

You are free to say and do literally anything (within the law) and associate with anyone you please without consequence.

You are free to protest and assemble , you are free to criticize anyone and anything , again without consequence.

You might come back with the poor being desperate .... not comparative to any other country in the world , even the poor here aren't truly desperate. There is so much assistance out there for the poor in this country that is available no where else.
    No , those people may not have the wealth that others do ..... but very few go without the basic necessities of life.

Your definition of desperate is far from real. Desperation isn't lacking the latest Iphone or designer clothes.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ho Ho Ho. It’s one of those you’re not poor because other countries pay a dollar a day arguments. THEY’RE the ones who are poor! Bootstraps, bro!

Successful Republican strategy. I hope Republicans actually run on that and don’t just post it as a dumb argument on the internet.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If you think that the median white family having 10x the wealth of a median black family isn't going to create natural tensions and animosity especially when history can point to exactly how that disparity happened and it was purely based on racism.

CometsWin likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Animals.

No, I don't have to go join or participate in your protest, raise a fist, shout "BLM!" or any name or do anything to appease the mob except (try) to enjoy my damn meal. (And if you don't, they'll threaten harm/violence against you, threaten to "beat your ass". Definitely a group you can throw your support behind. :rolleyes:)

tinman and generalthade_03 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

The effects of gerrymandering. Can't express dissatisfaction with voting. They release their frustration somewhere.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither is our President. The problem starts at the top. Make no mistake about that.

Here's a typical example outside politics. I can always tell which teachers are really good ones when I substitute teach in their classrooms. Sometimes the difference between one classroom and another is mind blowing. Its amazing how unruly and undisciplined some classrooms are while others in the same grade level run so smoothly.

You have to lead by example. Trump lies, stirs up hate, hires corrupt felons in his circle, bullies and taunts people, and shows absolute lack of empathy for those suffering and asking for change, or those dying from Coronavirus.

He fuels the fires.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Not your fault, but rather the dumb **** in charge. Maybe if he tried to be a leader to everyone instead of constantly trying to divide.

Jimmy Chase, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That's not desperation.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Define Desperate.

10. fchowd0311

That's fine dude. Some people are just less empathetic. You're an old fella. Can't teach old dogs new tricks. I understand.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sure, here you go

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sigh. It'll get uglier first than better.

Not a lot of convincing hearts and minds going around.

White people vote, and those protestors probably lost some votes.

...But it feels like we're beyond talking about getting more votes for a "fraudulent election". :rolleyes:

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That didn't define desperate.

That defined ..... material **** / greed (on the part of the looters)

Honestly I agree with a heck of a lot of what she said .... but desperate for material **** isn't "desperate".

Every last one of us as American's are free to say , do and go where we want when we want with who we want at any moment.

Only a very few "do without" necessities. Those .... yeah , they are desperate.

Desperate is the addict or alcoholic at the end of his rope. Desperate is the homeless person that's hungry or without medicine.

Desperate aint ... I can't have the same **** as he does.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You can cop out on the discussion by harping on the word desperate, if you want, its pretty weak, but you do what you want.

Desperate, afraid, oppressed, disadvantaged, persecuted, discriminated.

The word is unimportant. The feeling, whether it has an appropriate name or not, is what matters.

People don't riot around feelings of greed.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Crap... you edited the title. Now my post makes no sense

16. Nook

Nook Member

This is only going to get worse. There are segments of America that do not feel valued, treated properly or fairly.

People can call them animals or thugs or whatever they want, but it doesn’t change anything and it isn’t going away.

It will only continue to get worse and no, they and most of their supporters don’t give a **** If you are inconvenienced anymore than MLK or his supporters cared if you missed your bus, or were stopped in traffic... nor the black power movement cared if you needed to use the restroom and they were blocked off.

Learn some degree of empathy.

17. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

I seriously can't believe some of the **** I read here, the hypocrisy and irony in these posts is beyond laughable.

You guys here are seriously out of touch. MLK wouldn't approve of this BS. Color of their skin and content of their character and all that.

generalthade_03 and Pistol Pete like this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is understandable that folks are very upset about Breanha Taylor and police brutality. Similarly with the continual rapid transfer of money to the wealthy there will be more and more unrest until we do better as a society. You cannot expect peace and civility without justice. People have the right to protest.

Nevertheless these protestors were dumbasses who have hurt the cause.

tinman likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you eat at respected dining spots, like Taco Bell, this never happens

tinman likes this.
  20. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and I hope people continue to flip the temple tables to bring visibility to inhumane behaviors and practices.

No justice, no peace. **** your dinner.