1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: 76ers think Mike D'Antoni can lure James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Westbrook and Embiid on the same team? LET'S GO!

2. riko

riko Member

Big Joel and a few first rounders we should look at it. Harden is clearly the best player in the deal but if we get a motivated Joel and three first rounders I think we should look at it

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what does Embiid bring?

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What do you see in Embid?

He will definitely not age well.

diehardrockets likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I see as good of a player as we'd likely be able to get for Harden.

Embiid has shown he can be a legit superstar, his game needs some work, he has poor shot selection at times, but he can be very dominant. At his best, he's a guy who could give you an efficient 30 & 15.

I think his game would age just fine, the question is whether his body will hold up or not. Who knows, but if Harden wants out, we could do a lot worse then Embiid.

everyday eddie and HP3 like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

most games Embiid has ever played in a season is 64 games

Ben Simmons is ridiculously flawed

diehardrockets, cmoak1982 and HP3 like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's played 23 out of 26 playoff games though. He certainly has health issues/questions but he's not a loss.

Also, I think Simmons could flourish with a better fitting team. Simmons could be an insanely special center on a fast-paced team with shooters.

D-rock likes this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Sure, if they give us Embiid, all of their young assets, and 5 future picks with no protection and swap.

I know some delusion fans still think we can win a championship but it's not happening. We need to brace for a rebuild but since we traded away all of our own picks, we need to try and be competitive in that process.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One could consider three team trades.

is there a team out there that would really love Ben Simmons and something similarly valuable to send back? Hard to think of anything. A Harden package I keep coming back to is to Chicago. In this case Harden to Philly, Summons to Chicago, Colby White, Lauri, Otto Porter, #4 pick, #21 pick (Sixers), future picks to Houston. It’s be nice to get Tobias Harris too.

Then Russ has to go.

this is a quasi rebuild.

I love Colby White. I’m probably alone in that opinion lol. I think he is a future all star for sure. I also trust DM to hit a home run with a #4 pick or use those assets otherwise.

Otherwise I guess you could just do something for Simmons plus. I like Simmons a lot too. Obviously if he copied hit threes at 35% he’d be an all star for the next decade.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just going along with the hypothetical.

We'd either get Embiid or Simmons.

For them...Harden would not work with Embiid. I just don't see it, I think they'd clash. Embiid tends to point fingers when they lose and he's outspoken and...I just think they'd clash. I do think on the court it works better than Simmons and Harden. I guess you could play Simmons as a big with Harden but I just don't believe in small ball and it ever working.

For the Rockets, I'd be more interested in Embiid than Simmons. Simmons and Westbrook isn't working lol. But Embiid and Westbrook? I could see that. Pick and roll and pop would be there all day. Could these guys last a season, I don't know...

But I have a soft spot for Embiid since he admires Hakeem so much and and wants to be so much like Hakeem and I love seeing a Rockets center dominate.

11. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I don’t believe any of this, but if for whatever reason Harden goes, the only thing I want is to see Morey get a go at a proper rebuild.

Nook likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually agree, I think it would be a bit underwhelming and really question Embiid motivation.

Would be interesting to see how many fat jokes Embiid gets around here because he is definitely does not keep himself in peak condition.

Kinda off of him being a superstar as well don't see him really elevating a team to contender status.

His body is what I was talking about, really scared of that.

13. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Which LA team are you talking about?

One traded all of their assets for Anthony Davis and the other traded most of their assets for Paul George. Doubtful that a deal is there for James Harden to go to either LA team. If the Rockets do trade James it’s probably to the Knicks or 76ers or some team out East.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

harden can say D’Antoni is the guy now if he wants. Why stay here unhappy with the guy he’s likely going to have a say in next season...THEN retread D’Antoni? After burying his legacy in Houston with trade demands. Oy with the logic.

15. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

who would we get in a trade? Embid wouldn't fit with MDA, so it would be him + ?? They have a lot of size at 6'10 and 6'8 that can move and shoot. i can see why MDA would go there. JH going there would totally make them contenders.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No please! 6'9 pg who can't shoot and is afraid? He is the most over rated player on that franchise. I want nothing philly has to offer.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd honestly hang up the phone if they started with Ben Simmons.

Someone who can't shoot in an era where shooting is a necessity is a hard pass for me.

Unless of course they're throwing in 8 draft picks after Harden retires.

18. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

he can't do a proper rebuild bc he traded away all our future assets for cp3 and russ lol

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you. That was the first thing I thought of when I read this nonsense.

20. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

Lol yet harden hasn’t won **** but is supposedly the best !