1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Trade or to Keep Danuel House?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles, Sep 23, 2020.

?

Should the Houston Rockets Trade or Keep Danuel House?

1. Trade

66.4%
  2. Keep

33.6%
  1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I would think everyone in the org would want him gone and that includes harden.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I say keep him based on his skill set. If Harden and WB can forgive him then there is no reason to move him

If he’s lost his teammates trust and there is no repairing it then move him for the best big or draft asset available.

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He'll be traded but not because of what happened in the bubble. He was always going to get traded. He is one of the few trade assets we have to leverage for improvement.

There's 3 groups in a Morey team: stars, cheap vets, and trade assets. The Greens or Nene's of the world are not trade assets because other teams can't plan around aging role players so they add more value with us. Stars are what he's usually searching for, so he's typically looking to keep those. Everyone else who was value will be traded at some point.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

The league has aspiration of going outside the bubble next season, but it's not a lock. If next season starts in the bubble again, are the other guys in the locker-room, the organization, and the media not going to 2nd guess House.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

keep him, hes a perfect player for our system

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I want him gone regardless of the return.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

The less idiots on your team the better.

D-rock likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let's be honest. If they can get fair value for him and an upgrade at the 4 or 5 (hopefully the latter, but WTF is a 5 on this team anyhow?), then he's gone. Our success against the Lakers would have been measured in increments. You need only win by 1 point. Until the Game 5 annihilation, when the Rockets were just beat down mentally and physically, the games were close.

House wasn't the only reason we cratered so fast. Some of the other players are still missing but might be located if we heed our Amber Alerts. But House? He really, really, really screwed the pooch.

D-rock, hakeem94 and treyk3 like this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We are all debating whether or not he should stay. He's out in Austin this weekend hosting pool parties. He just spent three months locked in a controlled environment because of a dangerous world altering virus, decided to break rules letting his team down while he was finally breaking out as a player, leaves said bubble, and now he's out partying like the virus has been defeated. I cannot imagine his teammates are pleased with him. I cannot imagine this is going to help his trade value. I hope John Lucas gets him on the phone and helps him through whatever is going on.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL so it's now a sin and is making you a bad player if you have a pool party ?!
    perhaps youre onto something but it looks far fetched

Invisible Fan and ROXTXIA like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

A sin? no. I don't care about religion.

But it's self destructive. He's out marketing for partying while a highly contagious plague is killing thousands of people a day. He's a professional athlete, he knows how serious this virus is. He spent three months in a ****ing bubble. He just was kicked out of said bubble. I hope he's okay but this is a terrible look.

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yep and John Wall at gang house parties as well smh.

Gotta do better

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Microcosm of America's split attitude towards the pandemic.

Side 1) Better safe than sorry

Side 2) YOLO

hakeem94 and treyk3 like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No doubt.

House is doing worse than YOLO though. He's publishing his careless disregard and in the mean time encouraging others to come join him as he participates in a super spread as he super spreads his wings whilst getting paid to do it.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Can cross-league deals be made? I want D-Mo back.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

it really should go without saying that, when you can, please post proof of any TMZ-type news about the Houston Rockets players, or at least explain how you know the news you're posting.

can you share what you're talking about ... like a link? I'm sure you're good at your word, but please inform us as best you can, so we can judge for ourselves.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he survives the FA period and makes it into the new season, he would be safe for couple months the least.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Buy low, sell high.

New coach, new approach.

If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://www.instagram.com/jusdexallday/

I'm not someone who makes stuff up, so for next time, just remember me.

I don't really see the need to clarify that any more than I previously did. It's not gossip, it's fact.

I'm more worried about his personal mental well being than him partying to be honest. This looks bad from an outsider's vantage point. He's gone through a lot and I want him to find happiness. I hope the Rockets can reach out to him. This behavior screams

#59 treyk3, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    D-rock and heypartner like this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thx for the link. That was easy, right? I wasn't doubting you.

"Next time" i'll ask for a link again...it's called sharing -- literally. Let's not get defensive when ppl ask us to share links.

And here's a more specific, better link to share ... complete with Facemasks. "Masks Required" and "Limited Capacity" :) ...just fwiw, for those who want to go

and here's the venue's post saying "Masks Required" and "Limited Capacity"....and again, just fwiw, for those who want to go

hakeem94 likes this.