1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Trade or to Keep Danuel House?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles, Sep 23, 2020.

?

Should the Houston Rockets Trade or Keep Danuel House?

1. Trade

66.4%
  2. Keep

33.6%
  1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Keep him, play him, trade him at the deadline.

s3ts likes this.
  2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If the rumor is true - House for Bamba - I would do that in a heart beat.

If a team is willing to give up a 1st round draft pick, I may do that too.

If it's for another player under 6'6 that's expected to play the 4 or 5, then no.

fckbandwagons, D-rock, glynch and 5 others like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is not a unique skillset, our roster just sucks. :cool:

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I vote release

D-rock likes this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Well that makes it unique to our roster because we can’t get out in transition like other squads

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I said this on twitter in regards to House. To me, what the *locker room* thinks of him is the key. If they ACCEPT him back, then I am fine with it. If the locker room doesn't trust him now and that trust/bond is broken then you trade him. I wouldn't *give him away* though. Maybe he is a *sweetener* in a EG trade or something.

s3ts, glynch, raining threes and 4 others like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. jacoby

jacoby Member

Trading our one valuable cheap, young player would be so typical of this organization.

Corrosion and banzai like this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

i don't mind trading him. he's a good player, and we're definitely going to miss him.

but he's not someone that has a championship mentality. if his trade value is too low, mid-season trade sounds better to me.

10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Cause we have so many other options in this thin roster at his position. This has nothing to do with his play. He already got suspended for the rest of the playoffs... now you want him off the team? Okay, let him go peak on another team that gave him a second chance. Then, we're gonna be like, why did we let him go when he is such a cheap asset?!

11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

For realz... Kyle Lowery(Championship) Dragic (in the ECF) Clint Capela - we shoud have locked him up. With the emphasis on defense this season and him at the 5, we would have been able to match up with at least 1 big with LA and he also owns Lebron's lunch. That is all.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Take a step back.

I never said cut him.

Trade him.

If value isn't there keep him for now.

You don't make a move based on emotions. IT comes back to bite you in the ass.

See: CP3 trade last year.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

If he were easily replaceable, he would already be gone.

The issue is that the Rockets have a strong need for what House does well, and he costs very little in terms of salary and still has untapped upside.

He can create for himself and finishes well enough (53% on 2's) and shoots and makes a lot of 3's (38% the last two years), he can rebound well enough and he can play the 4 in a small line up.

If the Rockets can use him to get someone that they really like, then move him..... otherwise I think he is back next year.

I know everyone was saying how upset the players likely were, and while I am sure they are not happy about...... players are different when it comes to sex or family.

I am sure some players feel the way Durant does......

Deuce, HP3 and treyk3 like this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

What did Durant feel about the situation? Did I miss something?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

NSFW :

D-rock likes this.
  16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

House needs to be back with the understanding he has a lot to repent from. I think House is a keeper he works hard he made some decisions that will haunt him for a longtime but the man is redeemable.

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

18. macan

macan Member

I'd love to trade House for a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick..then we can package those picks with EG and get a bigger trade next.

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

He fits our team, and he's on a good contract. As others have said here, keep him and play him. The only punishment he earned by sacrificing the team for his *ahem* is this: If and when there's a deal on the table that can get us somebody we need, we should have no sentimental hesitation at all about shipping this guy out.

Oh, and when we do, we can express our sincere apologies.

Deuce and lilbird20 like this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Weren't exactly the same?

Forget the Rockets for a second. Lou didn't abandon his morals in the middle of a playoff series to cheat on his loving wife, who's sitting at home. Then, heaven forbid the bubble woman had the virus and gave it to House, who would then give it to other members in the bubble.

THEN you can talk about the effect it had on the Rockets.

Lou and his actions caused him to miss the first two games of the NBA restart. House's actions caused him to miss the rest of the Lakers series.