1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RBG has passed away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 18, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well they probably will when you make it personal also and insult them.

If I made that exact same statement about "moderates" you would criticize me and rightfully so.

@SamFisher always had an aggressive posting style even though I agree with many of his sentiments.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This must be the republican strategy... any opposition to acb is an attack on Catholics, because, of course, democrats are anti-Catholic.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

She is an empty suit.

There is nothing there. She is championed because she is young, female and staunchly pro life.

She is a moron, she doesn't even believe in stare decisis.... unless it pertains to a subject and ruling she likes.

Hakeemtheking, Redfish81 and RayRay10 like this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Odd that 0% have No Opinion...usually polls like this have at least a small percentage in that column.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remembered actually SamFisher and I were at one time talking about having a Kumite. It was going to take place in
    [​IMG]

Might be hard to fight in there with cloth masks and social distance. ;)

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised they're not saying Democrats are against women..

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Quite a few ... independents and conservatives alike.

Just like last time , many said they don't particularly like Trump but voted for him because of what the Dems might do concerning gun control , healthcare and other issues .... The idea of reshaping the SCOTUS and adding states and doing away with the EC is of even greater consequence than the things they were saying last go round.

This makes no sense - its all over the news ....

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We'll have to wait and see how that plays out but I would wager that if Biden doesn't bring up the subject that Trump will and Biden will have to answer for it

Thing is that Biden isn't in control of adding or reducing the number of SCOTUS justices - that's on both houses of Congress while the Dems heads in both houses have made remarks on stacking the court , adding states and eliminating the EC (Pelosi & Schumer) - Nothing is off the table!. Those two are not helping their candidate with those remarks.

This is going to be a really interesting election cycle ...

RayRay10, Jayzers_100 and B@ffled like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

True. Cons will believe any scheme dreamed up by Libs, even if they don't understand it or realize that it's not unconstitutional to do it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You mean kinda like Trump and McConnell nominating and voting on a SCOTUS appointee ? ...

Adding states isn't unconstitutional .... Nor is adding justices to the high court

But it is unethical for them to do it for the purposes of gaining power.

RayRay10 and ROXRAN like this.
  11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Everyone wants unlimited powaaaaaaaaa!

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sitting on a Scotus vacancy for 260+ days without approving or rejecting a nominee is neither Constitutional nor an ethical thing to do.

It's an escalation of tit for tats, and Dems would be chumps for not even bringing it up.

RayRay10 and arkoe like this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sitting on the vacancy was unethical.

It wasn't unconstitutional. If it were , the Dems would have had some recourse - they didn't.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What about the President saying that he might not respect the result of election? That we should throw out the ballots?

That is crazier than anything any Democrat has said the past 20 years.

As an aside, I remember you telling me as long as it wasn't Bernie you'd vote against Trump...so much for that?

I guess we're willing to support a fascist to own the libs.

#694 JayGoogle, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

By a 99-0 vote. The good ole day.

JayGoogle and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I said countless times that I would vote for Biden unless he picked Kamala. She's the devil incarnate.

I never said I was voting for Trump , I did say I would vote 3rd party.

As far as the President not respecting the results of an election - That's total bullsh!t.
    Now challenging those mail in ballots that don't meet the criteria .... that's another matter.

#696 Corrosion, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

He’s going to said there is wide spread ballot fraud no matter what (if he loses). Well, let me correct myself. He’s already saying that.

Some of the criteria are BS. One party is for BS criteria and requirements to reduce votes.

PA “naked ballot” is one of those BS criteria.

https://www.mcall.com/news/pennsylv...0200922-j55mxmd2ffabtkyyvjehtmj57u-story.html

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

TheFreak and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There's a solution to all this crap .... get off your ass and go vote in person.

You can go riot .... you can go vote.

Absentee ballots have historically been for special circumstances , out of state / country , not because you don't have time.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Here's a pretty good refutation the "just let things be the way they are and hope they don't change again" surrender approach.

Godfrey
    : But wouldn’t Republicans do the same thing the next time they’re in power?

Belkin: This is perhaps the No.1 concern that’s been voiced, but it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. A couple problems with this: The first thing is that the Court has already been stolen. If your wallet is stolen, you don’t forgo efforts to recover it just because it might be stolen again. It would probably take a generation—25 or 30 years—for the Democrats to get the majority on the Supreme Court back. If the Republicans steal the court, then the Democrats un-steal it. And if the Republicans steal it again, then the Democrats un-steal it again. It’s much better to have that zigzag than to just have unilateral surrender.

For people who are worried about Republican retaliation, court expansion is the safest way to protect democracy and the safest way to de-radicalize the Republican Party. The party has become completely unmoored from facts and reality. Progressives have a fantasy that thrashing the Republicans at the ballot box can de-radicalize them. That’s not true. The only way to de-radicalize the Republican Party is [for Democrats] to come back into office after the 2020 election and do three things: kill the filibuster, pass a democracy-reform bill, and expand the Court. If you unrig the system, the GOP will have to be de-radicalized at least a bit in order to win elections, and that is what will make the courts safe from Republican retaliation. They’ll be less radical as a party.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/democrats-case-court-packing/616446/

Like I've said many times, restructuring the system is a way of making it more stable not less. An unelected, unaccountable minority has less incentive to cooperate - but that is the status quo, not where we are heading. E But if there's some evidence that we're doing fine, and the current path is sustainable - I'd love to hear it.

RayRay10 likes this.