1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Stop politicizing these shootings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

superfob, jiggyfly, edwardc and 2 others like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I wish Breonna Taylor could have survived her peaceful night of sleep at her own home but whatever. I know if the police do a no-knock warrant or a criminal comes into my home in the middle of the night without me knowing who's who, neither will make it to see daylight.

edwardc, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a positive statement and not a normative one so please don't beat up a strawman when you reply and say I condone rioting.

When authority figures lack accountability for their abuses of power towards certain communties over the course of decades, that generates pent up anger and frustrations that often lead to violence and rioting.

That is the human condition. This has always been the case. What did you expect?

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do all these militia guys not have jobs?

Andre0087, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

Ya this is before the election

I'm actually genuinely concerned we might actually have a civil war on our hands if the worst case scenario happens which is due to mail in votes, it would appear that Trump wins on election night and calls the election before those ballots are in. In that scenario where we already are seeing armed men just causally walking around major US cities, I can very well see a civil war.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

misread.

You are still wrong.:D

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

They're looking for a fight they better be careful of what their looking for.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

No winners here ... but you fire at police, they're gonna fire back.

(And the "she was [killed while] sleeping" or "she was killed in bed" ... they were in a hallway.
    Which brings me, she was shot/hit/killed but he wasn't hit once?...human shield?)

You fire at an officer, you reach for an officer's weapon, you're risking your life.

AG:
    Wasn't a no-knock warrant; police knocked & announced themselves (as heard by one witness)
    BF fired first; they returned fire; use of force justified.

RayRay10 and JumpMan like this.
  10. fchowd0311

This contradicts the documentation that it was a no knock warrant. People aren't going to trust the AG.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I know they don't have any legal authority!

Rocket River

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They look like out of shape video gamers. They better get home before wifey beats their ass.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been saying it for awhile. It's not going to be blown out civil war but sectarian violence. It's going to be like Belfast in the 70's. Rival militias with LE as another combantant.

I'm really worried Louisville could see that tonight..

#113 rocketsjudoka, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. fchowd0311

This is frightening. How many bootlicking thugs did they bring with them. Dear lord.

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

There going to get someone killed......that would play right into the Cult`s propaganda when in fact there instigating this

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

The literal documentation of the warrant:

https://reason.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Breonna-Taylor-search-warrants.pdf
    Literally the last page of the warrant

"15.) Affiant is requesting a No-Knock entry to the premises due to the nature of how these drug traffickers operate.
    These drug traffickers have a history of attempting to destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise
    Detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and a have history of fleeing from law enforcement."

The request obviously was approved.

The AG said that their supervisors said to knock but the warrant was no knock. So we have no evidence besides verbal claims by officers that their supervisors said they should knock and one witness hearing a knock. There is no reason to believe that one witness couldn't be scared into making that claim. What type of complex was it also? Did they only have one neighbor?

This looks like forming a narrative after the fact.

#119 fchowd0311, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

What do the officers body cam show? This should answer any questions about whether the officers knocked or not.