1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only African Americans can end white privilege

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

Is this guy... racist for being honest?

dachuda86 and Corrosion like this.
  2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Banks, realtors and residential developers used to burn money preventing blacks from getting housing because their white customers were going to throw bananas and Molotov cocktails the minute they saw a black family in their cul-de-sac. They were also flagpole-kebabing us for trying to attend their schools while they would still rightly elect Senators and congressmen that desegregated the South, Southwest and rural Midwest where they were shooting live rounds at us. And literally any middle-aged black professional who remembers career fairs, campus recruiting and can look up the LinkedIn profile of any former Applebee's hostess or white girl student athlete with non-relevant major whose start date was right around his or her own unsuccessful interview for the same corporate role knows that blacks, qualified, experienced or otherwise are not getting any preferential treatment in hiring, training, promotions, performance reviews, retention or racially insensitive department-wide joke email complaint follow-up. I don't know how a former evidence planting, overtime banking, prostitute freebee getter would convince me otherwise, no matter how smooth his fade.

#2 Dairy Ashford, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Senator

Senator Member

And yet, no name asians, hispanics, immigrant whites have done very well when applying themselves without any connections. Many fortune 500 ceo's are asian. Nothing hurts innovation more than affirmative action, because in capitalism, the cream rises to the top eventually and we have seen how it correlates with IQ tests, not "extra curriculars". So this argument is a complete fallacy based on the real world.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

My comment wasn't in defense of or even referencing affirmative action other than rebutting the video's ridiculous claims about its frequency of use in professional sectors. But you're obviously too stupid to understand how subjective hiring practices are from one individual HR screener, hiring manager, corporate department or company to the next, and clearly can't pass up an opportunity to both slander and fixate on individual blacks' IQ scores, so carry on bigot.

Nook, AleksandarN and jiggyfly like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Only high-level realist and intellectuals source the prestigious university of Prager. As we all know, a very famous institution located in the Czech republic.

6. Senator

Senator Member

What was factually wrong with the video? Prestigious univerities let bozo's like jared kushner buy their way through them, so focus on the content. If you have the ability.

7. Senator

Senator Member

You'll always find an excuse, but the rest of America keeps on grinding. I understand the complaint it's focused too much on production, competitiveness and short term finance, but race... is all about playing the Jussie Smollet card. Once you drop that and focus on real issues, you'll be able to help a lot more people.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't have the ability... Denis Prager and his prestigious university just obliterate me, both physically and mentally. The Wilks brothers do as well.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

White privilege is not primarily about the experience of the individual going into a store or securing a loan or whatever. The big consequence is that a population was able to build wealth and human capital over generations while another population was systematically denied the ability to do so.

I don't feel guilty about my white privilege, nor do I feel virtuous about acknowledging it, and I don't think apologies are the point. I think the point is understanding how the world has been built so we as citizens can be more savvy about setting the rules in a fair way going forward. (I don't much like the term white privilege btw, because honestly the treatment white people get shouldn't be considered a privilege. It's the way all people should be treated. I'd call it minority disadvantage or something -- but I'll need the marketing dept to come up with something catchier.)

He says that in a contest between 2 equally qualified people, employers fall over themselves to hire the diverse candidate. Experiments have demonstrated that still isn't true.

And the way he talks about profiling customers in his hypothetical store -- I'm not surprised he's a former cop. He does a good job illustrating the perseverance of institutional racism.

His idea that acknowledging a problem of unequal treatment is going to create a victim mentality among black people and make them angry -- well, I won't say he's right or wrong, but it's not a factual statement but some conjecture. I'm not sure what's wrong with being angry about injustice anyway.

I agree with him there are many kinds of privilege and white privilege is just one. For an individual, the other privileges you get may overwhelm any disadvantage of being born black. But again, I would counter that white privilege is not about the individual, but about populations.

He's not dealing in a lot of facts, but his main problem is in mischaracterizing what the idea of white privilege is about and then attacking a strawman. And, the kicker is that he never even said what black people can do to end white privilege -- unless he means to pretend it doesn't exist.

Lil Pun, Nook, dobro1229 and 7 others like this.
  10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He doesn't get it if he doesn't recognize white privilege exists. The fact is white people dominate the highest positions in this country, and really even abroad.

The intellectual dishonesty is obvious. He uses a black lawyer vs a white meth addict. He compares a well dressed black person to one that isn't. He bases everything off of himself, while ignoring vast amounts of data and history. At no point is he really willing to compare white people and black people of similar stature in life.

There are very valid criticisms of affirmative action, and concerns about creating a victim mentality, but that doesn't mean White Privilege doesn't exist.

Nook likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

@Senator ?

12. Senator

Senator Member

No - you don't get it. It's not a constructive argument that will in any way bring about change in a capitalist WORLD. Not just America, the entire world is a free market so merit is here to stay. How would you like it if I forced the NBA to have more diversity because of athletic privilege?

13. Senator

Senator Member

This is incredibly elitist and privileged - but entirely predictable because we know how you obtained this bias , far away from the real world with the typical ivy league drivel that leads to the worsening situations of ghetto's and income gaps. If there are kids acting stupid and hardly have their pants on - which white kids do as well - they will be followed. If women were to wear bikini's at your office, they would attract attention no matter what your thoughts on "empowerment" or "casual attire". Likewise with a male in a speedo. This isn't racism or sexism - it's following basic guidelines of reality. The more privileged you are- such as yourself - the more you can ignore reality, facts and basic human behavior.

If you really care, all the points are soundly gone over with a quick read --
    https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blackout-candace-owens/1132821815
    Her points outside of anti-abortion should be adopted by the dems for progress. Not the ramblings of another hypocritical millionaire at an ivy league.

Privileged lecturers like yourself have to realize why ivy league educated elitist libs have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to bettering the lives of the poor and why those policies have led to worse and worse situations for them - and why they come up with these terms to drive destructive rage into those protesting violent criminals and sexual assaulters in droves.

More importantly, you need to post sources instead of saying "experiments have demonstrated that isn't true". Extensive HR records and any one who has worked in multiple industries will tell you that not only is it true, but hiring based on race hurts profits, innovation and competitive advantage. I would focus more on preconceptions once a person is hired then letting them prove themselves, like the millions of immigrants in America do successfully every year.

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

In a nutshell.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Here is a short video by some random black guy who represents the thoughts of about 3% of black people to explain to you what racist white people have been trying to tell you for years now. Derp.

JuanValdez, JayGoogle, Nook and 2 others like this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hey... Wattabout that tweet full of evidence from that other thread where you said that tweet had evidence? I can't see the tweet...it has apparently been deleted. What was this great evidence that we needed to see but cannot because the tweet that you said had evidence has been deleted. Generally when that happens, it is because the tweet was FOS.

Nook likes this.
  17. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

The truth often hurts, hence it was deleted.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care if this individual fails to acknowledge the point.

19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

At least he makes sense - and that's what unhinges liberal snowflakes.

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Ok in detail what makes sense to you?