1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

in that connection, i m looking into the intersection of materials, home building, infrastructure, industrial.

SHW, URI, CAT, MSCO​

2. adoo

adoo Member

Ant Group, China’s largest digital payments provider by volume, received the green light on Friday to proceed with its blockbuster listing on Shanghai’s Nasdaq-style stock market just four weeks after filing, as regulators showed off their keenness to pull out all stops to help national champions raise capital.​

With the nod, the paperwork for Ant Group’s estimated US$30 billion initial public offer (IPO) – the largest in global financial records – will pass to the China Securities Regulatory Commission for registration before it begins a process of marketing the shares to investors, and for setting a price, most likely in October.

https://www.scmp.com/business/banki...ts-green-light-mega-ipo-shanghais-star-market

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I've been looking at CAT, but am nervous about this market as we head towards elections. Some people are saying the recent tech sell-off was in part due to institutional investors freeing up money to invest in the recent IPOs. I don't know, but I'm still thinking about opening a starting position in CAT. I'm not sure how long this housing rally will last since it's been going for a while, but I guess I'll stay in DHI while it does. I still think some of these other sectors going up is a value play or a play on the "I have nowhere else to put my money" play since interest rates are so low, you can't count on fixed income investments.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Is this tech sell off over yet?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sajan likes this.
  6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I hope so...the VIX was down and alot of names bounced into the close. But who knows...

RKREBORN likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

25k jobs sounds like he added an extra zero. Snapchat has less than 2.3k employees.

I don't think Tictok is great tech but Oracle and Walmart don't need any positive vibes from me. In fact hope they find a bloated corpse from it.

8. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/breaking-news-trevor-milton-out-of-nikola

This will make some people happy. If true.

Breaking news: Trevor Milton out of Nikola Motors

Sources close to the embattled fuel cell truck manufacturer are reporting that founder Trevor Milton has resigned as Executive Chairman of Nikola Motors (NASDAQ: NKLA) and has departed the company effective immediately.

He will remain as one of the company’s largest shareholders, but will not have a say in how the company is managed going forward. Sources tell FreightWaves that the decision was Milton’s, in an effort to protect the company and his investment. Milton owns approximately 82 million shares or 20% of the company, worth about $2.8 billion dollars.

Milton is the founder of Nikola Motors, creating a vision for a hydrogen powered trucking industry. His comments about the capabilities of Nikola and the hydrogen powered trucking network he planned to build have occasionally stretched beyond what is physically possible, leaving many detractors to highlight these statements as proof that the company is a scam.

Others, including many in the industry and suppliers that partnered with the company, saw a firm with a grand vision and opportunity to make a major impact on the future of transportation. If successful, Nikola could greatly reduce the carbon footprint from one of the largest source of emissions. The EPA estimates that 6.4% of all green-house emissions emitted in the U.S. come from medium and heavy-duty trucks.

Before the company went public, few had heard of Nikola outside of the heavy-duty trucking industry. The company completed a reverse merger IPO or SPAC offering in June, which gave the company a valuation higher than Ford. The company has yet to mass produce a product and all of it’s revenue to date came from selling solar panel installation services to Milton.

This is a developing story. Stay tuned to FreightWaves for further updates.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm kinda curious who's gonna take over now.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, here we go. Looks like it's going to be Girsky (former GM guy and the guy that ran the SPAC VectoIQ which merged with Nikola) :

Nikola Board of Directors Announces Leadership Transition
    Trevor Milton Steps Down as Executive Chairman; Stephen Girsky Appointed Chairman of the Board

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...nnounces-leadership-transition-301134457.html

BmwM3 likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

@CXbby was spot on when he called him a snake oil salesman.

Sajan likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Market open is looking brutal at the moment. DOW futures with an implied open of down 478. NASDAQ down 180. S&P down 48.

Sajan likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

BmwM3, CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope they throw Miller and gm CEO in jail. Charge her with stock manipulation. They probably did no due diligence.

Sajan likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Plowman likes this.
  16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bought more MSFT @ 197.

Nabbed BBY @ 104.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Wow. Nice move. Glad I sold off GOOGL - this was the obvious move (buying up game studios) for Stadia, but instead they just sit on their cash pile and have a cloud gaming service with no games.

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

HSBC sinks to lowest level since April 2009 on concerns about Beijing punishment, investigative report
    • HSBC could be penalised for its role in assisting the US probe on Huawei, according to a report by state-owned media Global Times
    • An investigative report also ties HSBC and other lenders to their role in moving cash for people and groups potentially involved in financial crimes
    https://www.scmp.com/business/marke...owest-level-april-2009-concerns-about-beijing

My favoritest company for puts lol

Sajan likes this.
  19. adoo

adoo Member

on a down day when all indices were down big time, several tech stocks popped nicely
    that was my observation a week ago.

w the benefits of hindsight, over the past 7 days, shortists were trying to push the price down some more, w little success. then enough buyers came out today to bid it up 5% today

[​IMG]

this one popped 4% today, appeared to have closed that gap ???

[​IMG]

this one looks like it will bounce off the lower trading channel

[​IMG]

#11579 adoo, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  20. adoo

adoo Member

from 14 Sept
    [​IMG]
    3 consecutive days of gains, w today's intraday action trading above 20 dma;
    in view of the downturn in all US indices, i take it as a confirmation of a bounce off the lower trading channel, plus the MACD is nearing the horizontal line,

bought some Nov CALL

#11580 adoo, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020