1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The season has begun as expected.... TWO blowout losses.

Pittsburgh will likely continue the trend.

2. conquistador#11

KC ran those 'loopers'. The Ravens continued it. I expect Pittsburgh to run triple loopers with their front 7. The o- line goes into panic mode when the D does a stunt at the line or loop. And that's because they're trying to read Chinese Backwards to begin with. They're regarded to be 'smart'.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

where's that guy that is plugged in to the texans FO on here?

the11mingdynasty and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haha this is a great response

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gotta be better Brian. Gotta start faster John.

dmoneybangbang and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

What the heck is Cal McNair doing? How do you not see what is going on in Kirby and get rid of the imposter at head coach.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'll also add this. I wish the Texans had a CB that can make that play like Peters did.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dummy of the Day?

Russ Blacklock. SMH.

Wow for a guy OBrien touted and was probably a reach draft pick this dude is quickly going the bust route. Yes I know I know - ITS TWO GAMES!! LOL but man the guy cant get any push, he is easy to block and got kicked out of his 2nd professional game for being a douchebag and then called out for it by the resident DL HOF in JJ Watt. What a dummy!

Great time to be a Houston sports fan!!

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Major

Major Member

This is pretty amazing. Just by luck you'd think you'd score a couple of TDs. They could just throw deep to Fuller 3 times on every opening drive and they'd score more often. This also has the benefit of using Fuller before he pulls a hamstring midway through the 1st quarter.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Fuller is fast but not fast enough for the O-line. Deshaun is going to have to throw it on the run (for his life)

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Yet some was saying that we were overreacting and Texans had a chance

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The texans are a depressing display of disappointment.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

For those still saying "Deshaun is playing like a rookie" and "he is not going through his reads" and blah blah blah

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The thing about Watson is that we know he's super talented. It's just coaching. When Watson first got the starting job the offense was shredding teams.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Bad Oline play and him not making proper reads/calls isn’t a one or the other. Both can in fact happen.
    Watson, like most QBs do have reads to make for line protection, along with the Oline themselves.
    There is blame to go around, what gets old is the constant excuses for Watson.
    Play calling, Oline play, presnap reads, post snap reads are all lacking. Some of those include Watson.
    40 mil a year, you expect Rodgers. You don’t expect still learning basics.

16. dmoneybangbang

I'm not surprised by the loses..... maybe I shouldn't have been surprised that we only played 4 quarters of competitive football and that might be generous.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

lol @ learning basics. You just made dude the highest paid tackle in the league (don't forget the 2 1st round picks it cost). You used a first round pick on your right tackle; and your second round pick on your guard and center (4th highest paid center), and you hand-picked the other guard. Yet those five linemen can't keep four opponents from your 40 million dollar investment for 3 seconds? Deshaun gets and deserves his share of the blame; the excuses you're referring to are just facts. We've seen what he can do when the linemen do their job. We've even seen what he can do when the linemen don't do their job. What's baffling is that it always seems when they are in a hurry up offense and he is not getting calls from the coaching staff, he is able to move the ball down the field quickly.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I thought Keke Coutee really had A GREAT game.The sky is the limit for this kid.

CometsWin likes this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not absolving the Oline of anything either, they’re ****. Watson has a role in that too though, presnap calls are his responsibility.
    Again, I’m not claiming anyone is solely to blame, I love Watson, but he has his problems and blame too.
    Too many people make every excuse in the world for him for some reason, don’t know why people can’t see he has his issues along with the entire rest of the shitty team.

20. conquistador#11

That is just a pathetic stat! Makes your stomach turn. I agree 100% but since Watson is now the 2nd most paid it us understandable some want ultra performances all the time. Even Harden gets criticized and he's a future HOF.