1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Satanic fried chicken socials are where it’s at...

juanm34 and Nook like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D

#562 J.R., Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Glad to see he finally wants to coach harder.

Major likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm glad you posted this. I know we are all tired of hearing the same bs speech every week and every year. In a marriage a woman would divorce you. It's time to fire this guy.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Great! Let's extend his contract!

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

They brought in Greg Roman as OC who worked with the 49ers during their SB run with Kaepernick. Our OC is just a guy that doesn't annoy BOB.

red5rocket and Nook like this.
  7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Offense has talent, but they are poorly coached and the scheme sucks. I see them getting killed in pass protection week after week but they keep calling slow developing pass plays and wonder why Watson has so much heat on him play after play.

Defense just sucks they have no talent and it shows in the results.

BOB should have been fired 5 years ago.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ouch

Rocket River

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they literally asked Bill this question several times and he has said it repeatly - they go into huddle with 2 plays .. and Watson can check to which one he thinks will work best against what he sees.

I’m assuming one of the plays is always HB Dive up middle

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Hank McDowell and raining threes like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

raining threes likes this.
  12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

On 3rd and 1 prior to going for inexplicably going for it, they ran a naked bootleg where Watson’s first move is a spin move after faking the handoff in shot gun. I mean that is just bad.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Earlier I was thinking about the "Peter Principle", which says that in a hierarchy people tend to rise to the level of their incompetence. If you're good at your job, you will eventually be promoted to a position where you suck at your job.

It's easy to see in coaching. In college, someone may have success at a smaller school and keep getting promoted to bigger schools in bigger conferences until they fail at a big name school. In the NFL, a coach can be a successful position coach and coordinator before being in over their head as a head coach.

I think something similar happens with ownership. A successful businessman buys a sports franchise. Just because they were good in business and made a lot of money doesn't necessarily mean they can run a successful franchise. And if they suck, you're kind of stuck with it.

Now comes along the son of the successful businessman who bought a sports franchise he wasn't competent enough to run and now you really have someone ill-equipped to run a team.

14. conquistador#11

Deshaun basically makes eye contact with the edge blitzer. He could have been waving at him like Forrest on the Shrimp boat waving at Lt Dan and that guy manages to get 2 hurries on Deshaun and finally landed a sack in the last series.. oh yeah he was untouched every time
    [​IMG]

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Think about all the draft picks we’ve used to try to improve the offensive line either through trades or the draft.

They still suck. It’s crazy they are still this bad.

Sure, we will beat some average and below average teams. But, we are not near to being a contender, and I don’t see much hope in the coming years.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Even worse we haven’t seen the full effect of giving up those picks and may not for another season or two.

17. conquistador#11

The only one available would have been Johnson. And it would have hit him in the helmet.

Another missed opportunity was the one for Johnson. That one was Deshaun's fault for the over throw. Can't miss those and it's not like to miss those 20yard+ passes

#577 conquistador#11, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who knows. You'd think in this day and age with all the billions the NFL makes, and all the technology available you should be able to pick a field view on your tv. I'd much prefer to be able to see the receivers running routes to see if they were open or not. Nope, we get the zoomed in view of a closeup of the ball, and are basically watching the game with blinders on. I hate that they don't give you the choice. Its so backasswards technology.

King1, TWS1986 and BigShasta like this.
  19. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yep. There's just no reason for me to get excited each year.

The McNairs need to learn how to run a team or sell it.

raining threes likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

At some point you either find a way to win games like this or you stop pretending the **** your eating is chocolate.

TWS1986 likes this.