1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Biden looks on death's door here, but the conspiracy theorist side of me still says he is setting the stage for a "positive" COVID test so he can skip the debates

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Using OAN as a news source. Jeeeeeeezus.

I thought FOX was bad.

And just to add, WTF is it with all the conspiracy theories? "Positive" COVID test to skip the debates? Right, get sick so that Trump can jump all over that ("Biden's got Covid, why bother voting for him, he'll be dead").

Can't you come up with something better? Pick and choose among 4chan's and QAnon's rantings. Discriminate. Find those that are slightly less stupid. Or is this one of them?

#2663 ROXTXIA, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    jiggyfly, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Did you type this one handed?

Just curious.

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

As Joe Rogan said, voting for Biden would be like beginning a long walk through the woods at night with a flashlight that is burning out.

It is obvious to all that the man is in severe mental decline. All politics aside, Biden is completely unfit to take on the most demanding job on earth from a health and mental acuity perspective.

Space Ghost likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

are you saying the footage is doctored?

7. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

He is old and stutters but he has character, honesty and integrity. Something I can't say about Trump. Trump has been president the past 4 years and look where he has taken us. On the edge of the abyss. Mismanaged covid19 leading to record unemployment, crime, and loss of hope for many millions of people. Over 200,000 dead and rising. All because of Trump. "I think we did a pretty good job" "The virus is under control and will go away soon." WTF. BIDEN/HARRIS 2020.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Was Trump responsible for the similar number of per capita deaths in many Western European countries?

The concern for many is that Biden won’t make it long as President, leaving the ultra left Kamala in charge. There’s a reason Kamala did so poorly in the Democratic primaries.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Huh? This one is a stretch.

I'd say it's more likely that he's mournful of RBG dying as thats who he is about to speak about.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Similar? There is no comparison. Brazil would be a better analogy to what trump did to us here.

As far as Biden's physical and mental condition I am quite confident that Biden is smarter and better physical condition than trump. Biden does not slouch while out the podium. Biden can hold a glass of water without trembling.

Besides this election is more about how trump mismanaged the coronavirus and got us all in the mess we are in than anything else. We all want our normal lives back. Other than trumpsters that would walk off a cliff for the man and a collection of misguided conservatives and evangelicals most intelligent people think trump has done a terrible job managing the pandemic.

ROCKSS and joshuaao like this.
  11. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Did you listen to his speech? It was like a breath of fresh air compared to all the hate, nonsense, and vitriol that trump spews out by tweet and by rally incessantly.

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ok first, COVID and the fall out is not "all because of Trump". There have been leadership failures all across the board. And more importantly, its stupid Americans who refuse to practice basic social protocols which most of the world has followed. It doesnt matter who was president, these same people still would not follow these protocols. And its not just right leaning people.

I have largely abandoned the Republican party over the last couple decades. If you would ask me if Trump was the best the Republican party could do, I would have to consider, provided you removed Trumps dangerous rhetoric and his twitter account. The Republican party just simply does not have much to offer anymore. This doesnt mean all Republicans are bad people or their politicians. What largely makes Trump different is he doesn't give 2 ***** about about the leadership of either party .. and that resonates deep with some people.

The Democrats have their fair share of unsettling extremists in their party. But by large, I respect many of the Democrat politicians. So if you should ask me if the DNC could offer up something better than an expired politician and a self serving POS VP, then by all means I will tell you yes. They can do much much better. And they should. And simply waving this off by saying "at least he isn't Trump" is stupid and idiotic.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Wow, look, someone who can regurgitate exactly what they heard on a campaign commercial! Unimpressive, and completely lacking in any critical thought. You are being manipulated and used. Someday in the future, you will realize it.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Democrats could have definitely rolled out a better candidate. Trump has a chance. The lack of criticism of Joe by the mainstream media is troubling but not surprising.

15. bigtexxx

lol you've clearly not even bothered to look at the data. Even with the US' extremely loose definition of a covid death (e.g., anybody who dies WITH covid, not necessarily from it....big difference there), the US is right in line with the UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden and even better than Belgium.

AND, remember the US' results were made far worse by Andrew Cuomo's atrocious decision to send positive covid patients into nursing homes. Without NY, NJ and Connecticut the US' numbers look much better.

#2675 bigtexxx, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  16. bigtexxx

I now know seemoreroyals' problem. He listened to Joe Biden today tell him that 200 million Americans have died from Covid.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He got the most votes and so he is the candidate.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Most of it is on trump. As evidenced by Woodward's book trump knew perfectly well what we were up against. Instead of taking the proper action early on he went with his gut and basically squandered a month. He has been wrong throughout this pandemic and shows no sign of making the type of decisions that would lead us out of this mess he largely created. His "It's going to go away". mentality has not worked.

Any authority that has reported on it except for faux news is in agreement that trump has done a horrible job. Then there is the mask issue. Then there is the adequate testing and contact tracing issue. Then there is the coronavirus task force briefings that he has turned into his rallies. Now his most current thing is tossing Fauci and Byrk aside and appears to be embracing herd immunity which will lead to the loss of close to 2,000,000 lives before the virus runs its course.

Whether you like it or not this election will largely be a referendum on trump's mishandling of the coronavirus. Unless you want to live in a country that has a monarch and/or dictator I highly recommend you vote for Biden. There is a reason that there are a number of highly funded and organized republican groups that are crossing over and voting for Biden; Lincoln Project' etc.. Biden is not the perfect candidate but he is the only choice we have unless you want to continue in the direction trump is leading us into. We have tried having a narcissist as president and it has failed. Time to move on and get our house back in order before it is too late.

joshuaao and deb4rockets like this.
  19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Congrats. You made it onto my ignore list. Keep drinking the trump tea. Hope you like how it tastes once he finishes bankrupting the country if allowed to remain in office. Personally, I hope he rots in hell.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't care about all that. If he did he wouldn't be supporting that psychopath lying clown.