1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I wish I could tell Bill O'Brien how much he sucks at game management, and at head coaching in general and that he'd never win anything meaningful, to his face, just so I could watch the imminent explosion that would occur immediately after.

gatsby, gfab-babyboi and BigShasta like this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wouldn't mind seeng his face get punched by today's Mike Tyson.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He’s too slow getting the ball out and his reads aren’t quick enough a lot of the time. He’s a great QB, but at this level, that’s not on his coach. There’s no way he hasn’t been talked to about that already. Watson simply isn’t perfect, and there’s no shame in that, he can improve.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

5. magman

magman Member

Worrying about Watson while watching the glaring flaws in the coaching at this point is like worrying about a broken microwave while the house is on fire.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ok man, coaching will make him more accurate and think faster. Schemes hide weaknesses, techniques correct problems. You still have to have the ability.

There are tons of players that just have it naturally.

All I’m saying is Watson doesn’t need excuses, it’s weird how some people refuse to see that he has flaws. It’s easy to blame O’Brien only. He’s a big part, but Watson needs to take the next step and stop making the same mistakes.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that he IS a great QB, I think that he COULD BE a great QB, but he's got a long way to go to get there. As you say, he holds on to the ball too long, he's slow with decision making and he struggles to read defenses and is clueless about when the blitz is coming far too often.

Getting him a real coach will help, but a lot of that stuff he's gotta figure out on his own. The coach can't make decisions for him.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Hope some of y’all made some easy money today taking the Ravens and the points.

Nook and GradyMcTracy like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Watson was bad.
    The offensive line was bad.
    The defense was inconsistent.
    Bill O'Brien pulled a Bill O'Brien.
    A pretty much all out bad team today.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Like how do we even know if watson is even getting proper coaching assistance from BoB? Like BoB cant coach or gm, do u even trust him to hire the right people to train watson?

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Nope. OLine was bad beforr and they just tried to patch it. O'Brien doesn't get a longer leash because he waited to spend high picks and pursue someone like Tunsil until last year. How long ago did we trade Duane Brown away?

Also, we're #8 in the league on OLine spending. We're spending more than 24 other teams this year. We're clearly not seeing a good return on that investment. What are we going to do. Throw even MORE money at the problem hoping it magically gets better? We have the highest paid LT, the 4th highest paid Center, a 1st and a 2nd round pick, we're spending $37 million this year and the line still sucks.

Even if your argument is that they need more time to get better. They still shouldn't be THIS bad.

King1 and GradyMcTracy like this.
  12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ever cross your mind if people not open then he has to hold the ball - not only that, they give him little control of offense, they call 2 plays at a time.

He’s better in hurry up with little to no communication to sidelines

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We have to be the best team at going 3 and out on their first drive.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You know there’s a thing called all 22 where you can see who is open right?
    He makes plays, but he misses too.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

All i know is our offense is sht, its been sht even before watson. We have yet to reach top 10 once during BoB tenure.

Watson may have his fault but if i had a choice on who i trust to build around between our gm/coach vs watson, dont even have to think.

red5rocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol I'm not saying he gets a pass I'll be the last one to say that. I'm saying for how terrible this oline was after Duane Brown left last year was the year they openly admitted they were addressing it completely. From that point I'm not expecting them to be one of the best olines now. Should Bill get a pass hell naw. This is just one area as a head coach he still hasn't mastered. There's many more...

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't Kubiak's system, Watson has the ability to audible or call for hot reads if he is able to properly read the defense.

While a LOT of blame belongs to BOB for being absolute garbage, there's plenty of blame for Watson being mediocre.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Oline garbage

Sht Offensive play takes too long to develop

Running game nonexistent

Yea watson u need to consistently pull sht out of your ass to score. It all your fault

20. conquistador#11

We can run this "system" with a stop gap quarterback and get the same results. It'll save the Mcnairs more $.
    Look around the league how spaces are wide open for receivers, after defenders pick each other off.
    Everything is so difficult for this team. A qb is only as good as his system, except for Marino and Rodgers.
    There will never be consistency on Offense with this 'week to week' said it with Fitzie, Mallot, Brock and unfortunately now after moving away from the 'play' calling.

red5rocket likes this.