1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Living somewhere near the mountain ranges (Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Has anyone lived in any of these three states? I would love to be able to live in a city with a view of the mountains. Teton National Park, Sawtooth, etc all look beautiful. Id like to be in driving distance to these places to be able to hike them. I was looking at Denver, Boise, or well, I dont know any solid places in Wyoming.

At the same time, it would suck to be in a place where it's uncomfortable being a minority if the city isn't too diverse. And the education system has to be good since having kids is in the plans. Also having extreme cold conditions would suck (not bad if its only for a month) but im willing to compromise on that ...

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just freaking wow.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

But 4real, living near the Alps when I'm older is a dream of mine, nothing beats mountain scenery, so idyllic.

Sajan likes this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

What honest to God areas is race even an issue anymore? I don't get it. I'm 48 and went to Harlem elementary school K-2 in the 70's. Race has never meant dick to me unless someone brings it up.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Are you a minority?

I guess here comes the point where this thread gets derailed...

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Dude... Enough.

I have never seen any minority in any workforce being mistreated. Believe me, I'd cause a stir, much like if a woman was being harrassed.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hey, you've made up your mind and you don't even want to hear from people who experience it. You can continue to live in your perfect world and not bother with others. So what's the point? Let's drop this and either you can provide your input on the original point of the thread or wait for others to chime in.

Ziggy, Eric Riley, IBTL and 1 other person like this.
  8. Outlier

Outlier Member

And for the record, I didn't even mention the workforce...

And why is it a big deal if I say it makes me uncomfortable when I don't want to be the only minority in a place?

Eric Riley and Ubiquitin like this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

In all seriousness, how many times have you been arrested?

IBTL likes this.
  10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Who said anything about being arrested? I don't fear the police, never have. And like I said above, I didn't even mention the workforce. It's you who brought up these two things and it tells me you have no clue what the hell you're saying, so just drop it.

TWS1986 and Eric Riley like this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I live in Denver, floor to ceiling windows that face west so views of the front range in every room. Went up to Teton national park and Idaho a couple weeks ago

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you want mountains with warmth and minorities, beautiful El Paso, TX waits for you.

Its like living on the surface of Mars!

R0ckets03 and Nook like this.
  13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Well, damn. I'm jealous. Share more if possible

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Colorado is great. I've lived in Denver, Boulder, and Avon. Denver has easy access to the mountains (skiing, riding, fishing, hiking, biking, etc) as well as Wyoming and New Mexico. Legal weed, great beer and whiskey, amazing natural beauty. Winter's arent actually very harsh. Summers are very hot. Its a white city but not as white as most people think, 30% hispanic and a small vietnamese community. This is basically the view from my building i found online, I'm about 1 block from here. Been here about 10 years, would never go back to tx.

[​IMG]

Wyoming and Idaho are pretty remote, I think it would be hard living there. But Colorado is close enough to both of them to enjoy on your own terms.

Yung-T and Outlier like this.
  15. Outlier

Outlier Member

"Very hot" like Houston hot?

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

No, its not humid. Its very dry. I'm not sure I've even seen rain this summer. But it hits 100 in the summers, and is usually in the 90s with glaring sun

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are a s**t ton of nazis and white supremacists in Idaho. The real hard-core prickly Ruby Ridge types move there to get away from the gubbmint. Were I a minority, I would be terrified to move there.

Nook, CometsWin and boomboom like this.
  18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just stop. Do you realize how racist you sound with this noise?

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's a good dream. Having lived on the Alps in the mountain town of Leysin (Switzerland) for a few years.... It is heaven.

Most amazing views, cultural experiences. I love the chalets ... Plus you get tons of snow but the temps aren't that cold.

IBTL and Yung-T like this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's awesome, it looks beautiful from what I can see online.

Alps aren't that far because I already live in Germany, but how did you end up there?

Uprising likes this.