1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff van gundy is the best choice for the Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pooicpen23, Sep 19, 2020.

1. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I don’t know if JVG is the best coach they can get, but I will be happy and excited if they hire him. One of my favorite people in basketball, and I’m really curious what his offense will look like in 2021.

PeterKingX and BigM like this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He would need some trades. Stupid ones to go through... like Gordon and Tucker for Aldridge then House for Jarret Allen. Then he would have a starting lineup of J. Allen, L. Aldridge, R. Covington, Harden and Westbrook. JVG can coach a team like that. This small ball stuff has to go. My trade examples won't happen just saying that for example.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People who have never given a crap about Rockets history joining a site for hardcore Rockets fans

4. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

T lue as 2nd coaches like clippers

5. Nook

Nook Member

The next time Jeff makes an adjustment in the playoffs ... will be the first time he does it. JVG gets his teams to play hard and they are fundamentally prepared but his idea of an adjustment is “play harder”. We just had that same issue with the last two coaches we let go.

I would love JVG to be an executive for the Rockets. The truth is the Rockets need more actual fundamental coaching involved in development and decision making.

Still, the Rockets need someone that makes adjustments.

6. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Hes like the opposite of dantoni in many ways ,he cares about defense,hes disciplined,hes fiery,has passion,concerning how good he can be on offense I do see why you would be concerned. Those teams that he had didnt have enough talent,it wasn't until the rockets got ron artest that they were true contenders if it was not for the Injury bug ,they would of won the chip ,that was the team that pushed the Lakers to 7 games with a star player Injured.

7. pooicpen23

pooicpen23 Member

You might fogot the Marcus Camby’s hit.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't coach that artest team. It was Adleman. It wasn't just not having enough talent. His offense was give the ball to tmac and yao with tmac holding the ball the entire time. Teams stopped us just like they stop us now. Just double our primary scorer/ball handler.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutchfans needs to demote fans who don’t know Rockets history or let them start threads
    Makes the community look like a bunch of idiots

10. amaru

amaru Member

Van Gundy is only slightly less stubborn than MDA. PASS.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They certainly do

Rocket River

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No but i think there needs to be a filter next to their names instead of member or contributing member that says casual rookie fan, fan, old as F*ck Rockets fan. Because the last two would seriously know this. Another Iso oriented offense is not what this team needs. Rudy T's offense had better slashing and movement with our pump and dump to hakeem offense than JVG ever did.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

You don’t have to be old to use google

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No but you need to be old enough to productively use google and know what to search for.
    They probably don't read the stuff on JVG on google anyways they just click the images tab.
    They don't realize Googling Jeff Van Gundy and his Rockets' tenure is not the same as Googling Bukake's! An image and highlight clips don't say they whole story.

tinman likes this.
  15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

If you are hypertensive be warned. The reasoning is terrible. Don't mind Jeff and this thread doesn't do him right.