1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should target Christian Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Highlyrated, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Why would it be just us and another team? If we’re talking sign and trade you left out like 22 other teams and many of which can make sense. New Orleans? Washington? Chicago? Toronto? Brooklyn? Thunder? Dallas? I can probably name more but all those teams have more enticing packages. Even if we said Wood is insisting on a sign and trade to Houston, which is making a huge assumption based on nothing, Detroit would be better off in just letting him walk and offering Van Vleet a max rather than taking back EG’s contract and losing cap space.

2. treyk3

treyk3 Member

wait what? another team means any team, not a single team.

He can only be traded to one team via SNT. It could be any team though. So the Rockets (as that’s where we are) or another team.

I also said it’s unlikely, that was the whole point of my post.

saleem and Zoplicone like this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Bam Giannis Vucevic Siakam Turner Sabonis Embiid Collins AD Jokic Gobert Porzingis Nurkic Ayton JJJ KAT all legitimately better. Others as well.

I’m not saying he’s not solid or wouldn’t benefit big time with him, but we’re overrating this guy.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Oh sorry.
    You mentioned Boston earlier so I thought when you said another team you were saying it would come down to us and one other team in a sign and trade.
    My bad. Apologies.

Yeah it is unlikely though I don’t know if I would go as far as saying Jerami Grant would be an easier get.
    We’re just so strapped we don’t have a shot at improving much or addressing any real issues through free agency.

saleem and treyk3 like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No worries.

he’s more likely than Wood but also highly unlikely. He’s older with no superstar potential. I don’t expect anything but a new coach and low cost signings that will be viewed as reclamation products, I. Rooting for the next coach to see Bruno’s upside as a reason to play him.

6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

The Rockets should target John Collins from ATL. Age 22, making 4.1M next season and he would be a restricted free agent. He's good from the corner and top of the key from 3. Shot 40% from 3 on around 3 attempts a game.

Defense is his biggest issue but worth the gamble.

I don't get the Myles Turner love, I would rather have Collins.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Other than Collins I agree. But that still puts him as a top 20 big. He wasn’t even a top 20 Rocket when we cut him. Show the hustle some love

saleem likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jeff Green can be signed with the vet minimum.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Morey missed out on him when the Pelicans cut him. He was playing well at that time too.

bulkatron likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Defense Comes First.

The Front Office believes in 3 Pt Shooting.
    Thats It.

Rockets need defenders and a Pass First Point Guard with a 3 Point Shot, with a High IQ who can can take over Games.

Fred VanVleet is sorely needed, a Championship Point Guard.

Westbrook needs to be moved, if James doesnt like it, James Harden needs to be Gone.

Undispline is James Harden Weaknes, being passive Late in the 4th while Russell is bricking 3s and easy layups dont cut it.

lilbird20 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

There will be more than just those available for the MLE. The cap will be around 110 million. There are some teams with cap space but not a lot.

12. pass_to_Hakeem

Lmao

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that pulls up some wingspan measurements and a highlight clip of some dude just doesn’t understand this game. It wasn’t height that doomed the Rockets. Far from it.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah I missed that.

bulkatron likes this.
  15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I saw his PR video where he talked about training after going undrafted. Obviously those can make people look way better than they are but it looked like he had the tools.

saleem likes this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Cool they can take westbrook for wood

17. riko

riko Member

Woods is unrealistic. We should target McGee or Favours

BallaDoc likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

• The Pistons are eyeing a short route back to winning, Omari Sankofa II of the Detroit Free Press details. Detroit finished with a 20-46 record this season, suffering from multiple key injuries and setbacks along the way. “We’re not really rebuilding here in Detroit,” head coach Dwane Casey said. “I think our basketball fans deserve a lot. We like to use the word ‘retooling,’ ‘restoring’ as much as ‘rebuilding.’ It doesn’t have to take a long time because if our young guys are making the progress we expect them to make, it shouldn’t be a long-term restoring.”

Make what you will of this quote when it pertains to Wood. What we do know is that the Pistons are not going to be rebuilding, and that is likely why they turned down the Rockets offer of a #1 for Wood last year. Does that make a deal of Wood more or less likely?

The Rockets would likely have to deal Tucker for Wood or Gordon for Wood and another player like Snell.

Would the Rockets do either deal? Would the Pistons do either deal?

Assuming the Pistons goal is to win now, there core is Griffin and Rose and Kennard. Would the Pistons even want Gordon or Tucker?

19. Nook

Nook Member

Favors is a very under rated player because he doesn't put up massive numbers. He is a really good defender, good rebounder and with a 7'4" wingspan has no issues protecting the post. He is probably quick enough to switch for the Rockets as well, as he is a good athlete. He would be able to run the lane like Capela did.

The concerns with him is he going to take the MLE or want to play the Rockets style and second, he is not a 3 point threat which means there will be issues with him playing a lot with Westbrook on the floor.

riko and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's why we'll never win a title

coachbadlee, lloyde8 and Rudyc281 like this.