1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man drought: Are women too picky?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 19, 2020.

?

Women too picky when choosing a guy?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

As a single dad I bring all of this to the table besides the pregnancy but stick game strong. I do alright though I get it when I need it.

ThatBoyNick and Xerobull like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Wait till you’re in your late 30s.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

As you get older basically every awesome chick you meet that is wifey material is already married with children. Beware.

TWS1986 likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Agreed. Don't 'waste' your 20's in relationships. You're in your prime, go for broke with the freaks. Seek out marriage and kids in your 30's.

IBTL, RKREBORN and tmoney1101 like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

To be frank, any woman who lists that as her prerequisite can not pull a man even 1/4th of that list.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Females come endless times.

House cannot.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Chivalry died when women started readin' the **** in all them magazines. They got too much advice about men from other women. And they don't know what the **** they're talkin' about. I see them in the grocery store, says on the cover "100 Ways to Please Your Man" by some lady. Come on, man. Ain't no 100 ways. That list is four things long. Just suck his dick, play with his balls,fix him a sandwich, and don't talk so much and he'll be happy!

- Dave Chappelle

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nook I couldn’t agree more for even just 7ish years ago. There’s been a HUGE shift. Many of my female friends and exes even admit it. The dating game has changed. Gotta be super careful about who you commit to nowadays. People are more like social media messages/profiles and expendable. Kinda like us on this forum

#28 LosPollosHermanos, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    Yung-T, TWS1986 and JumpMan like this.
  9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'm sure glad I'm not in the dating game anymore. I don't miss those days lol.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It started Like 5-7 yrs ago but took a pretty crazy turn 2-3 years ago. I still see people like weekly but it’s more of whatever casual vibe.

TWS1986 likes this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Nice. Well God speed man :)

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Instead of, "Other," you should have offered, "It depends." It does. The chemistry between a guy and a chick counts more than anything else, in my opinion. More than your looks, your bank account, how tall you are. If the chemistry is there.

snowconeman22 and Xerobull like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Child birth, emotional support to children and spouse... typically make a majority of school related decisions, raising the children, typically keeping social responsibilities met, cleaning, shopping and then often working outside the home.

In general women do more and it isn’t even close.

IBTL likes this.
  14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

physically? unless you are grading on a curve physically it isn't even close.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t agree, I see women do far more from shopping to cleaning, to cooking, to child rearing.... now I even see women now the yard while their lazy slob husband stays inside.

Are there exceptions? Sure but in general terms, from what I see (and have paid attention to) women have far more responsibilities and do more in relationships.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have many stories to tell. Another story for another time.

Deckard likes this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What american cooks or mows their own yard? How many gals are on the land scaping crews?

All you are describing is some chores at home. In the work force of woman laborers welding pipe, roofing, garbagemen, house movers...almost no gals. I guess you haven't been exposed to typical labor jobs but girls are typically in the AC breh. I had a big slab poured last year, it wasn't a bunch of post menopausal women that showed up for the concrete work.

Nook likes this.
  18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Women pretty much wants someone that is confident, makes them feel special, can take care of themselves, and takes a shower once in a while. I don't think that's too picky. If you can't pull that off, then I don't know what to say.

whag00 and Nook like this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Maybe I'm weird, but outside of cleaning (the woman is a much better mopper/duster than I am, or she at least reminds me that it needs to be done and I thus have to help) everything else is me or 50/50.

I may roll with a different level of women that some of you youngsters.

I've tried them all, and there's nothing better than a well put-together 40 year old with brains and drive (sexy drive and just life in general).

IBTL and Nook like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I am not talking about the work force, I am talking about what the average married male or female has to do.

“I worked construction, I am aware that 95% of construction is done by men... but that really wasn’t what I was talking about.