1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man drought: Are women too picky?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 19, 2020.

?

Women too picky when choosing a guy?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

Are modern women too picky? When choosing a life partner, is there a list that they use to check off when choosing the perfect person.

The issue may not be the list, but the size of the list.

Must have a job.
    Should have a good paying job.
    Must be tall.
    Must be above average handsome.
    Must be strong.
    Must be educated and ambitious
    Have a good job.
    Have a nice house.
    Have a nice car.
    Have to be social and fit in with family
    Have to be good kisser, good lover.
    And great father for children.

No flowers on the first date
    Non-smoker
    Cannot be skinny
    Must be in shape
    Cannot be intimated by me
    Must not be obsessed.
    Cannot be too close with friends and family.
    Must love traveling.
    Must not brag about traveling.

Must be a social drinker
    Must be adventurous
    Must be humble
    Must be spontaneous
    Must be a planner
    Can't be self-centered
    Must not be cocky

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Naw man, you just probably ugly.

In fact, I think most women aren't picky enough. The **** that they put up with is unbelievable, I'd have jetted a long time ago if I was my wife.

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Watching a documentary "do women have a higher sex drive", so it kind of got me curious. They were talking about women and higher expectation when choosing a mate.

To your answer though; being handsome is one of the criteria on the list.

4. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Naw man, you must are a sheety partner;)

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah especially in this time period, where many women still do all the cleaning, still mostly raise the children (and let's not gloss over the pregnancy, the birth, the everlasting changes to their bodies) still do the cooking, and have jobs, if you're bringing all that to the table you deserve to be the pickiest son of a b**** you can be.

I'm not even half the things on that list, and yet my wife does it all, If I ever figure out why I'll let y'all know.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm no Chirs Bosh, that's for sure.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Not in my experience, thankfully.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ugly man eschews ugly women for pretty women, surprised pretty women do the same. More at 6.

IBTL and calcium like this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

There is less need for a man given wage opportunity and technology. So they can afford to be picky. Intelligent women have no reason to settle.

However, and that said, the bar is surprisingly low. You tell a women she's pretty and do like one good deed you can land the majority of women. I can't explain it. They are emotionally needy and you can exploit it. The door is easy to crack because so few men actually practice how to be the man woman want. Men don't bend, nor should they, as we set the bar so low unintentionally, but that sets the bar low for the majority of women in parallel.

So a divergence. A small percentage can be really picky. but the vast majority are easy picking.

#9 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 19, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think women are more picky than men but also more willing to settle when they think it's time to settle down.

I mean, most guys just want you to cook, clean, and go to the gym. It's really not that hard to please us if you try a little.

I think women like dating up until they get tired of getting cheated on, then they marry the ugly nice guy that treats them well.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not picky enough. I still see too many walking around with douchenozzels as their man. (Or, I did, before the pandemic, when people went walking around.)

12. Nook

Nook Member

No, the vast majority of women are not too picky. Women in this society do far more than men both physically and emotionally. Women honestly are just more important because they ultimately do more.

In my experience women settle too often for mediocre or worse guys. If a guy is employed, not lazy, bathes and shows some interest in a family and his wife; he is considered a great catch. He can be ugly as hell too and women will still stay with him and pass on his ugly genes.

Women don’t expect much from men because they have been conditioned not to.

IBTL, malakas and TWS1986 like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Stop chatting up vapid, spoiled 'modern' women for long term relationships. Try some demographics where they've actually worked a day in their life. I was done dating spoiled, modern American women (still slept with them) when I met my wife, who grew up poor in rural Indiana. I thought I'd have to go to another country to meet a humble girl.

If you aren't looking for love and just want to hook up, start being a dick. Do some research on Ladder Theory. It works.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

That was one of the points the film argued. Females are more educated and have their own job. So less reliance from a financial standpoint, they can afford to be more selective. Which from a progressive value standpoint; female independence s a good thing. It also states for that ideal mate of a marriage; they are more selective.

Going by memory; they cited numbers from dating apps where roughly half the men likes the half female. But the ideal list for women is high that 80% women wanted the 20% men. For those 20%, it's far more competitive.

They cited beiber fever and one direction fans as an example lol.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

how much of this is based on childbirth?

cause that's gonna be a no from me dog

16. TimDuncanDonaut

Wasn't asking "for a friend", was just genuinely curious what folks think that premise is true from a societal view. Or is it just something that simps tell themselves or modern psychologist throw at as theories. I probably should have prefaced that in the opening post. Think people are interpreting thread as a dear abby.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As a serial dater in today’s world...you couldn’t be more wrong. Since social media the problem is so many simps hit up these chicks and create this illusion that they have way more choices and that they’re all kardashians. Cannot hammer this home enough, go out , have fun, smash , and see if she’s worth it.

no expectations

18. TimDuncanDonaut

From a biological view. A woman can have maybe x number of children in her lifetime, whereas guys have millions sperms (lot of attempts if given the opportunities). Given the odds, females can be more selective.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What you posted is true from a 'modern', spoiled, Kardashian-ethos-consuming woman. But 99% of them are full of **** because as others have said, they will 'settle' when reality comes crashing in.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup. A part of me regrets being too much of a fuccboi 5ish years ago. There were some chicks, drop dead gorgeous...but stand out to me right now because they were good people and I should have valued that. There were always games in play but Now it’s 90% of it. Admittedly I do too because it’s really the only way you can be but go in with the mindset this is 100% casual no way I can commit to someone like this

advice to younger dudes, if you find someone you like and is good in your early to mid 20s keep her close. In my late 20s and finding the pool has gotten smaller with “normal” chicks and it’s plagued by the instagram generation

CometsWin likes this.