1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, May 13, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I made the same argument back in 2016 that going into the last debate Hillary Clinton should've just ignored Trump and focused on articulating what she would do as President.

From seeing Biden ads I think he's doing that. So far I think he's been running a pretty good balance of going after Trump while giving reasons to vote for him besides that he's not Trump.

B-Bob, dmoneybangbang and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I didn't like Lynch...... I really really disliked Holder and said he was too political. However, none of them can compare to the corruption of William Barr. He is the worst government official in many, many decades. He has **** all over the separation of powers and checks and balances and compromised the country.

Andre0087, No Worries, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I disagree, in a normal election I think it would backfire because people would think he is being presumptuous, I think showing the contrast between how he would act as president and how Trump acts would be good for him.

I am not saying Biden needs to be talking about the SCOTUS all the time but he needs to remind his coalition how important those appointments will be.

I don't see many people holding there noses anymore voting for Trump because of this mainly because they have already have the majority for the foreseeable future and the majority of Trump voters IMO don't have the SCOTUS high on there list, they are not really ideologues., It's more about sticking it to the libs.

I think it's time to stop being scared of what Republicans might do and start energising his voters to turn out.

#503 jiggyfly, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Nook likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't think he should name specific names but I don't see an issue with discussing what type of person he would like to see in the USSC. I agree there is a risk this could motivate some on the right but given that this election will hinge a lot on turnout it might help to energize the Left more.

The main thing I see about Biden talking more about what kind of President and Administration he would have is that just disappearing or going tit for tat against Trump is that in some polls we are seeing Trump out performing his approval ratings in swing states. That shows that this isn't just a purely an anyone but Trump vote. Biden does need to show that he is competent and can be presidential. As I said in my other reply I think he is doing that.

jiggyfly and Nook like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Biden and Harris also have a big advantage that their are groups like the Lincoln Project to really go negative against Trump. This leaves them free to take the high road and talk more about what they will do than attacking Trump.

B-Bob, jiggyfly, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't really pay attention to his ads but I am seeing him responding to stuff like the townhall every other day.

Let the pundits talk about that stuff.

#506 jiggyfly, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Although any road that isn't Trump's is the "high road".

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finally.

We agree completely agree on something. :D

Have not heard alot from harris which is kinda strange but I don't really see her having much of an impact.

The person I would like to see more of is Warren pushing a populace message and talking about health care.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I hope Asian Americans are sent this list in advance of the election...

10. NewRoxFan

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

By Mike Pence. If anyone thinks Pence won’t be all in on subverting Democracy you haven’t been paying attention.

Nook likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm watching Ilhan Omar's Republican opponent, Lacy Johnson, on local news. Like here primary opponent he's raised an eye popping amount of money, $4 million. That said I don't think he has much of a chance. Trump has endorsed him at rallies and on Twitter. That will probably hurt him more in this district than will help.

fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

More republicans are following trump's lead... tillis is losing, so he is now attacking mail-in voting, even though he was in favor of it before. The republican party can't get any lower...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

And mcsally outright lies...

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member