1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

RBG has passed away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Sep 18, 2020.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Honestly, it was really selfish and not smart for her to not retire during Obamas tenure.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just did the same. One more heartless Trump cult member on my ignore list is always good for the soul.

B-Bob, CometsWin and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

this is unconscionably bad, even among the chaos we've seen lately. They're seriously going to push through a nominee in late September after subverting Obama's presidential appointment powers in February of his term? I could see if it was still summertime...but late September...if there was any shred of decency left in Trump he would wait until November. If he wins like his supporters are so assured of, by all means toss up whichever nominee you have in mind. But doing it now would be one of the most despicable moves imaginable.

CometsWin, joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can respect individual Trump supporters to some extent, but that boy aint right.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is past time to pack the courts, RBG or not. Aside from being pissed, I almost hope that the REpubs put in their typical 35 year old Federalist nutjob. This may hasten the day to set aside the whole bs about S.Ct power (Marbury vs Madison) being anything other than an undemocratic anachronism that needs to be reigned in. Soon the 1/3 living in small population states will be able to not only outvote the majority in the Senate, but also dominate the S.Ct.

It may be time for a Constitutional Convention to redo the whole f'ing mess.
    Liberals and moderates have feared this, but it may be the only way to keep the US from descending even more rapidly to failed state status.

How else to catch the attention of the 40% of the public (Trumpsters/GOP ers who are immune to facts. It might take 50 years of good government that their cranky billionaires will resist to wake them up. Perhaps millions dead in a pandemic or environmental disaster? Otherwise if the planet survives they eventually may have to literally die off.

CometsWin, Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Also, lol at the term "high level Romney insider". Is it Pierre Delecto?

Jayzers_100 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

And she was

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The only thing that surprises me about this is that anyone else is surprised by it.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

There was never a shred of decency in Trump to begin with.

glynch, IBTL, Andre0087 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

As mentioned, it legitimizes packing the courts and eliminating the filibuster.

Assuming Dem voters show up in all states enough to override corrupt shenanigans...

Last part is kind of a hard bargain, cuz Biden has pointy elbows and he's no Bernie, or Elizabeth, or Obama, or JFK, or wahhh wahh wahh.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If it’s within legal parameters (you have legal background after all) you do it. This is a battle between two ideologies that utterly hate each other with every fiber of their being. Politics is about who wins at the end of the day and you do not hesitate when an opportunity presents itself...I wouldn’t expect any less if the political adversaries had the opportunity.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have 10 of them on ignore, but they were the extreme heartless cult following who I couldn't stomach any more.

RayRay10, Andre0087 and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If true...

[​IMG]

RayRay10, jiggyfly and SamFisher like this.
  14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Our contented hero Romney the billionaire of near billionaire who understnbably just loves the status quo before Trump.

RayRay10, IBTL and Andre0087 like this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I haven't blocked any of them out of respect for the first amendment. I want to hear what they have to say but they've gone too far tonight.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If it's between allowing another Trump-appointed nominee onto the court and Trump losing reelection, vs not allowing the nominee and Trump winning reelection, which is more undesirable?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Had the Republicans voted on Garland, I would have no qualms about Trump appointing someone now. McConnell's BS about Obama's lame duck term is just a twisted narrative that has no constitutional basis. Yes, of course it's permissible for Trump to pick someone now, but would it be in extremely poor taste mere weeks before the election (given how Garland was treated). I've never protested in the streets about anything; but this might do it for me.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I used to think you were a decent human being who just said stuff to rile up others for no reason.

Why any American would say that about RGB is out of my understanding. You are truly a dispicable POS.

Deckard, RayRay10, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

So who wins civil war 2.0?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

China.

RayRay10, jiggyfly and Invisible Fan like this.