1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden opposed to JVG being the new HC of the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 17, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

"
    James Harden opposed to JVG being the new HC of the Rockets"

another misleading headline again

topfive, HTown_TMac, Patience and 3 others like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Harden hasn't said or done anything. The only person saying anything is the OP.

topfive, yixiixiy, Patience and 2 others like this.
  3. napalm06

well LA DI DA

In my 35 years in business, I like to say vague and self-aggrandizing things.

4. Nook

Nook Member

In other bull **** "arrogant news", there was this from the Warriors beat writer today....

Assuming that the capped-out Rockets will look to make the bulk of their roster transformations through trades that could help the team and save money, Grant Lill of NBC Sports Bay Area thinks that the Warriors could use their $17MM trade exception on either Houston forward Robert Covington and guard Eric Gordon. Covington will collect $25MM over the next two years. Gordon inked a four-year, $75MM extension that will compensate him through the 2023/24 season.

So I guess the Rockets are supposed to just give the Warriors Covington or Eric Gordon....... you know, because the Warriors want them and all.

topfive, Patience, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yao was extremely effective offensively until the illegal defense rules neutralized all post-up play... which is now gone for good.

Adelman also utilized Yao plenty in the low post... despite his offense being geared to the high post center. Rudy was almost exclusively putting Yao in the low post, but he really only had him for most of his rookie year (as Yao didn't start to blossom till 1 month in).

Yao's frame wasn't conducive to much. I think a running offense would put even more strain on his feet.

6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

You took the words out of my mouth. Ty Lue has got to be the coach

7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Do they need to add some veterans, then, who HAVE won it all before?

8. napalm06

Because?

HP3 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well hopefully James Harden doesn't want WB to be here anymore either.

HP3 likes this.
  10. pass_to_Hakeem

11. alethios

alethios Member

Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden needs that percentage of fat to bang with the thicker guys, it is always been like that since the earlier days here...

They insinuated that he shed major weight during the break with that photo but it didn't come true.

I would welcome him to get back to his 2013 version or the version that was the sixth man of the year.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Trade exception and #2 pick, of course!! The Warriors want to win now after all!

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden pretty much ruined any hope the franchise has for at least 4-5 years by demanding the Westbrook trade, so I would say let's not give a damn what he wants at this point

PeterKingX, napalm06 and bmelo like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd trade EG for the #2 pick. Free up that cap money for someone to replace him with, plus hopefully get a talented youngster who doesn't need years to develop. Not that I don't value what EG gives us, but he's proven to not be a needle-mover.

EG & Roco for the pick? Hahaha.

16. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

jvg can still coach. just last year he took a squad of gleaguers led by chris chiozza and gave a thorough beatdown on popovich's team usa. i'm fairly optimistic that he'll adjust to the modern game... and if anything, we could always hire alvin gentry as asst coach to keep some of d'antoni's offensive sets intact.

PeterKingX and bballjunkie like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You don't get cap space since we would still be over the apron I believe, however, who wouldn't want a nice $17M TE. A lot more useful than EG's contract.

Warriors can have him. If he becomes useful again, then so be it.

topfive likes this.