1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler Wants To Play For Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AKVerse47, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yes. You could interpret this year's "all in" smallball strategy as an attempt to compensate for our lack of skill by out-smalling opponents and hoping that might produce more advantages than disadvantages. In which case the experiment, at least in this version, failed.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Spolz > D'Anonti

Miami > Tomball

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Riley > Tad
    Mickey > Tilman

rockbox likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Miami Vice City Jerseys > Les Alexander Chinese Jerseys

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Problem is L A took all the skilled men with height

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Thats why we need to trade for Bol Bol

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Morey needs to find a big man with talent to create but isn’t being used that way. Bam wasn’t always averaging 5 APG

Bol Bol is less likely than trading for a third star.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

You've apparently never hit the world-class nightclubs in Tomball with some of the hundreds of supermodels there, my friend.

9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think this is very close. After losing Capela I always thought we were another wing away from being fully staffed in this style. That is a guy like Bam or in our case a guy like Ibaka. We needed more D. Our real problem with SKILLBALL and D'Antoni was the extra 20-30 3s a game that were LAZYBALL. I don't mind us shooting 50 3s in a flowing offense but there were too many times in almost every game where the team went without scoring for stretches of minutes because they wanted to take a break and launch contested 3s or just lazy, no pass or attempt to get inside 3s. The team never really had a warning sign as a team about going cold for so long and it affected the D and the overall O for long stretches even after. Its great when you go on a 20 point run but you cannot be feast and famine. It made our team Jeckyll and Hyde too many times. When he was working it Brodie's slashing layup style was such a plus because it was always get to business. If we needed to do more subbing to exert more effort it is such a shame that we used up Harden and always left DeMarre Carroll and others on the bench that could have saved our stars for more stretches. In many ways Russ attacking was far better than CP3 but some of the blitz from the staggering of Harden and CP3 was lost that I think really put teams on their heels. The first LA game clearly showed we had the ability to gas them out but instead our team never adjusted and was gassed. Ultimately that falls on the coach and Morey for not seeing the statistical relevance. This BS about numbers regressing to the means cannot be used when you can clearly identify from past years 5 minutes stretches in the beginning of the 3rd or this year the 4th where the team just takes a break. You cannot say its missing Harden while he is on the bench or anything like that. I think letting Russ take over 15 shots was a mistake again not because he did so bad but it was like OKC all over again with the assassin KD in witness protection. Too much of the games looked like that although Harden was more statistically efficient. If Russ has to have 30 shots a game to be effective then its not effective. 15 layups or short jumpers with his passing and rebounding is plenty effective. It feels like this got solved and then shelved in the playoffs because we didnt adjust and got lazy again.

bcast89 likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's easier to find skilled pieces that fit (can shoot & defend 4+ positions) under 6-10 than ones over, something that got more pronounced when Russ square peg dropped into the CP3 round hole.

if the Rockets had kept CP3 but still shipped Clint for Cov that would be interesting to see.

Deuce, napalm06 and topfive like this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man is incredibly smart. Definitely made the right move.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

I hated on this move but boy was I wrong. However I still think we couldn't had an absolutely dominant trio with him, CP and Beard.

13. ICEibuPROfen

ICEibuPROfen Member

Holy L

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The guy I'd really want would be Bam.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I'm sooooo in disbelief. I can't believe Jim and the Heat beat Lebron, AD, and the Lakers.

Oh....wait he hasn't won anything yet?

I'll eat crow when Jim beats Lebron and is holding the Larry O'Brien.

I will give him credit for not being a p***y and following major stars(Harden didn't either), making the NBA overall more competitive and less lopsided in the East anyway. Keep in mind Lebron and Leonard are longer in the East. I don't have to like the Tomball Gumby looking mf'er but I can respect it. Clippers losing is more surprising than JB leading the Heat to win ECF. It's all for nothing if he doesn't beat Lebron though so.....meh. Guess he can pat himself on the back? That it took him longer to get eliminated because Lebron and Leonard is in the West?

hakeem94 and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

I heard they got a Specs

topfive likes this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Regardless of some of our feelings about Butler, all of which he's earned via his dickish behavior in recent years, I still say he's exactly the kind of star Harden needs to be paired with: someone with alpha attitude but who still would'nt mind Harden being the focus. Of the 3 stars we've paired with Harden so far, CP3 came the closest, but his alpha-ness is of the barking little dog variety. Dwight is (ghost of Kobe speaking) "SOFT!" and Russ is... well, Russ.

Harden needs someone who will (especially during the playoffs) step up and say, "Enough of the bullsh!t. Let's stop f$#king around and win this game." There are maybe half a dozen guys like that in the league, though, which is why you have to pounce on them when they're available.

Deuce, JayGoogle and hakeem94 like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Miami is just a better organization top to bottom compared to the Houston Rockets. Miami has made the finals in 06, 12,13,14, and now looking like they will make it in 20.

better owner
    Better GM
    Better scouting
    Better coach

19. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

lol I was horribly wrong. I haven’t repented for my sins here but I’ve stated how wrong I was elsewhere. Yes I was one of those people.

But also... shut the **** up

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and more favorable officiating

if not for the refs rockets beat durant's warriors and become the best team of all times

miami were irrelevant in last 4-5 years and rockets were the only team in the ENTIRE ASSOCIATION who challenged the best team of all times for years...
    all other teams just flat gave up and threw their hands up in resignation...didnt even try... and ridiculed rockets for even thinking(!) such a thing is even remotely possible... but the rockets did it... just didnt have the injury luck and had a terrible officiating....otherwise they would have dethroned the mighty warriors... the best team of all times...
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

#440 hakeem94, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    topfive likes this.