1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SuraGotMadHops

There was an unprecedented mobilization of ISIS in the USA under Obama's watch. The investigations and arrests of ISIS connected people here in the States during that time frame has been reported.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Indeed, Joe Biden may have declined some, but he has the skills to still be good by going plant-based and surrounding himself with the right team. Trump, on the other hand, was always more one-dimensional and is aging more like...

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Some nuance please. Give me rates if change and not just examples. Give me your definition of "unprecedented".

Explain what Obama did and explain why I shouldn't look at your comment as "Obama's adminstration cracking down on extremist elements" rather than "Obama did a bad job".

Also in your narrative of blaming Obama for ISIS, is it based off of perceived incompetence or perceiving that Obama has a secret Muslim agenda?

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe this COVID thing is a blessing in the sky for Trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually would like to hear SuraGotMadHops answer.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. SuraGotMadHops

https://www.stratcomcoe.org/download/file/fid/2828

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There ya go. Now don't try blaming them like Trump does for the spread when Republican Governors don't give a damn about anything but money. Open up, ignore the sick, ignore the dead, and make it worse. They all have blood on their hands.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

So explain the error of Obama and what your u believe this current administration would do different?

Be also explictt in your criticism of Obama. It seems like all it is so far is "some extremists exist therefore Obama bad and Trump good".

9. fchowd0311

He doesn't have one. All he has is "some exttemists exist therefore... Something".

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If you're talking about ISIS recruiting yes that did happen but as you noted there were arrests done under Obama. Also the decline of ISIS was well underway under Obama.

Also since Trump abandoned the Kurds who did the brunt of the fighting against ISIS and were holding thousands of ISIS prisoners in Syria we've seen some resurgence of ISIS. While the territory of the Caliphate was defeated ISIS hasn't been wiped out and Trump missed out wiping them out by pulling back support of the Kurds.

Nook, RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. SuraGotMadHops

Obama refused to even use the word "terrorist" often times. Trump obliterated ISIS, threat over. If Biden gets elected you will see Islamic terrorism start rearing it's head again, mark my words.

12. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I don't know about within the US but on many occasisons Obama and his administration turned down operations against terrorist groups. I can think of 4 specifically off the top of my head. One did involve a number of people from Minnesota and they were in Yemen. Some senior guys on ODA teams walked away from the military as a result of the inaction.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Obama has used the term "terrorist" plenty of times.

This is what I call "empty criticism". Devgru operators and Homeland security agents aren't confused about whom to go after because Obama doesn't want to create a public "Islam vs America" sentiment which even George W Bush was aware of and tried to limit himself.

14. fchowd0311

Doubtful. This implies that you think Obama has a secret Muslim agenda.

Knowing many of these type of operators, they already have a bigoted mindset and hated Obama from the moment he ran for office so they definitely aren't objective arbiters.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just can’t help someone that is ignorant of the facts of their own livelihoods. If you truly are in O&G, the Trump era is one of the worst periods in employment opportunities. I don’t know anyone who works in O&G down in Houston who can say with a straight face that things are going well... and that was BEFORE Covid when the price of oil plummeted.

On taxes I have no idea what you are talking about. Taxes are going to go through the roof next year because of budget shortfalls even here in Texas because the Trump admin imploded on the Covid response and the economy just cannot seem to fully recover. Also the unwillingness to pass another stimulus when we desperately need one is just going to cause more layoffs and more budget short falls for states and cities. Yes adding to the deficit is not ideal but the trade off of NOT adding to the deficit is YOU AND ME paying more in property taxes next year to pay for budget short falls in our local cities.

So I hate to break it to you but your taxes are going UP next year assuming you own a home. What’s also going up is your insurance (health, and home) because of a few developments put in place by Trump.

You clearly are ignorant of the facts of the issues you say you care about or you are just lying and it really is the reality that you support Trump because he entertains you with his clownish personality and the culture war. The “issues” are just an excuse.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I never implied anything about why Obama did it. Here are some specific examples.

An ODA team that was newly created to help combat rising terrorist threats in Africa was deployed to Libya shorty after the Benghazi debacle. The unit was formed by a former CAG guy when a commander from JSOC asked him to stand up the new unit. They were scheduled to deploy WAY before Benghazi happend because of the growing threat in Libya...which is ironic considering the Obama adminstration's response after Benghazi. When they got their they got intelligence on some of the people involved in the attack. They went to the new ambassador and got shot down because "it wasn't the right time."

Same deployment only a few months later an Al Qaeda group kidnapped people that were working at a gas plant right on the border of Libya/Algeria. One guy was from Katy who is now dead. Same ODA team was not allowed to go in and the US citizen was killed a couple days later. They let the Algerian security forces handle it and it was a disaster. The governments involved also lied to the family. They said he had a heart attack. Instead, the terrorists strapped bombs to his body and he died when they detonated them. The family is currently suing BP.

The operator that formed the unit was a MSG. He went home after the deployment and put in his papers. In response to your bigoted BS... he was an Asian American.

Intelligence was shared with the Obama adminstration regarding a terrorist camp in Yemen that included US citizens from Minnesota. A SEAL team was in Yemen and ready to go. Denied because of the Americans being there. I also know one of the SEAL team members very well. He is a friend and current neighbor. I guess he must be a bigot too....

RayRay10 and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. SuraGotMadHops

Calling somebody ignorant or a liar is really insulting. Watch it. I already explained my personal experiences and convictions, and those are truthful. My taxes went down, that is a fact. My livelihood in O&G, from personal experience, was thriving pre-Covid, that is a fact.

I am making points about what I experienced after Trump got elected in 2016, and you're trying to counter with predictions on what will happen in the future regarding insurance premiums. I talk about federal income tax rates going down, you come back with property taxes going up next year, which is a local government (democratic if you're in Houston) concern.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Except Trump's own State Dept. is saying that ISIS wasn't obliterated by Trump and that ISIS has been still been active.
    https://www.state.gov/reports/country-reports-on-terrorism-2019/
    From the report:
    "Despite these successes, dangerous terrorist threats persisted around the world. Even as ISIS lost its leader and territory, the group adapted to continue the fight from its affiliates across the globe and by inspiring followers to commit attacks. In Africa, ISIS formally recognized a number of new branches and networks in 2019, and ISIS-affiliated groups were active across the continent, including in the Sahel, the Lake Chad region, and East Africa. In South and Southeast Asia, ISIS affiliates carried out attacks and inspired others to do so as well. The ISIS-inspired attacks in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday killed more than 250 innocent victims, including five U.S. citizens, representing one of ISIS’s deadliest attacks ever."

RayRay10 likes this.