1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want for EG+?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 14, 2020.

1. rockets13champs

Not gonna lie i like this. If dantoni is indys head coach this is perfect. Then we can add TJ McConnell to make the salaries match and replace austin rivers in free agency. Nic Batum/ Jeff Teague can be had at discounted price.

What if we end up with

Russ/McConnell
    Harden/ Teague/Nwaba
    Covington/ Batum/Gerald green
    PJ/Jeff Green
    Turner

Can start the game with turner but end of the game if we choose to do small with Jeff Green, PJ, Cov, Harden Russ thats fine too.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What if we trade Gordon for Horford and then sign Bazemore with our MLE?

After all these years, Morey gets his men. Ded.

Westbrook / Rivers
    Harden / McLemore
    Covington / Bazemore
    Tucker / House
    Horford / Green

I'd do Gordon for Horford, and target Baze or Justin Holiday with the MLE. Perhaps hope we can snatch someone like Langston Galloway to replace Rivers too.

DVauthrin and joshuaao like this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

wouldn’t we be adding salary in horford? And then the mle. I guess ur suggesting tilman pay the tax? But you are right Gordon can only be traded for a good big. He’s too valuable to just give up for scraps regardless of whether ppl think he’s overpaid or not.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Bazemore makes a ton of sense. He's not that good of a defender and I rather have McLemore get those minutes since he is a knock down shooter.

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

That’s a hell of paycut for Ibaka.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Salaries match, I checked the trade machine (although technically I think it's still based from current salaries, so you may be right). Don't really care for McConnell. I know he is scrappy, but meh, not the guy I want.

Don't know how you picked up Batum or Teague. Batum is washed up even to be a back up, so don't care for him (I'm guessing you meant he gets bought out). Teague, don't care for either and i'm sure another team will pick him up on more money we can offer.

Would be nice if Llull would finally come over and be our back up guard. Doubt the Tax MLE is enough though.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

No way Ibaka is going to take ~$5 million next year.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

MLE is around $10 Million.

Will hardcap the team but you do it if Jerami Grant or Ibaka will sign.

4 years $40 Million.

Is that enough for one of those guys in a year where the best teams have no salary cap and neither guy is valuable to a non-contender for selling tickets in a recession?

I'd imagine Denver will pay him more than that to retain him something like 4/$75.

#128 treyk3, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Rudyc281 and baller4life315 like this.
  9. steddinotayto

So we're going to have the Non Taxpayer MLE instead of the Taxpayer MLE?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

yes when you're over the cap, you weirdly get the non taxpayer MLE.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/values-of-201920-mid-level-bi-annual-exceptions.html

I seriously doubt Ibaka will have much of a market.

Toronto hardly used him in the playoffs. 4/$40 is a bit below market but factor in taxes and it's right around equal to the 4 Year / $50-$60 he'd command on the market.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

He played as many minutes as he did during last year's championship run. The Raptors were deep on the frontline with Siakam, Ibaka, and Gasol. If reports are true that Gasol wants to finish his professional career in Spain it becomes more of a priority for Toronto to bring him back.

Would I welcome Serge with open arms? Sure, but I think you're underselling the demand of a guy that averaged 15/8 while shooting 38.5% from deep playing as a center. That kind of skillset is wanted on pretty much every team.

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I didn't realize he only played 20MPG both years. I think we have the advantage to every team because of Russ and James. They all are friends still and would love to recreate their team. Imagine all three of them playing under Atkinson and winning a championship after Durant wouldn't even let him finish out a season when he was sitting because Deandre was coming off the bench for a better player.

Toronto is the only team that could pay more than we could, that actually offer a chance to contend. If he wants to just coast in New York and they want their 20th Center, he can go there and get more money. If Toronto wants to retain him (depends on Giannis they want flexibility to have max space) I would imagine he will be back at more money than we can pay.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Being back Ryan anderson. We need shooters.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Provided the Rockets never went above the luxury tax apron, they could offer Wood a contract in that range. I’d prefer Turner to Wood, too, but I would be happy with adding any one of Ibaka, Turner, Horford or Wood to the roster. They all can be the stretch five the Rockets need.

#134 DVauthrin, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Indiana is not giving up Myles Turner for Thomas Bryant and Ish Smith. Smith needs to be replaced with a much better asset.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Just trying to get creative. I looked all over the league and it's hard to find a potential taker for Gordon. I felt that maybe the Wizards would be willing to do it. Bryant is not such a bad talent, he had solid numbers, just looks injury prone.

It's not as if Myles Turner is amazing either, his numbers are just that of a solid role player. However, yes I do believe someone can make a better offer. Ultimately, I see him as the odd man out of Indiana to be able to keep Oladipo around.

17. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

As long as they do attach another future first round pick to get rid of him, Ill be satisfied with a concession stand worker for EGo.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ibaka, Harden Westbrook < Ibaka Harden Gordan

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We would literally have to perform cpr on Horford after the first quarter. At our pace the old man would be dead!