1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want for EG+?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 14, 2020.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Se post 100

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Look @joshuaao i find a better deal than my original post

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zsgk7ty

Steph Curry x Eric Gordon

Surprise, surprise the money is a little off, but I want it. Now I’m as dumb as you.

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Issue with the ESPN trade checker is that it relies on 2020 salaries to tell you if a deal is legal or not. These hypothetical deals would be using 2021 salaries. I explained how the HOU-PHL deal meets the 125% + $100k salary matching requirement, but you just ignored that lol.

Utah will have a tough time bringing back all their free agents, given Conley's large salary and upcoming max extensions for Gobert and Mitchell. Yes, Gordon would be a good third guard for them, but it just isn't a reasonable way to spend. Mitchell on a max deal, Conley at $30 MM, and Gordon at $17 MM, while having a gigantic hole in the wing rotation? Ain't happenin

[​IMG]

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You must be from Utah.....thinking players want to go to white man’s heaven.

No players want to go there.

Mitchell needs a facilitator/shooter, because Conley is alway hurt. Mudiay and Clarkson leaving.

And Niang/Ingles/Royce got you a first round 3-1 lead turned game 7 loss. Blow the team up. Add Gordon and find
    other spot up shooters costing approx $2M like Royce and Niang. Dummy.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Only in Utah they would rather hold on to Ingles/Royce O’Neale/Niang and lose Jordan Clarkson and think
    they are better.

Like Wimp Lo in “Kung Pow”......face to foot style. Probably won’t even make the playoffs with just Mitchell.

Where people think losing is winning. “We were so close.......not.”

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Oh ok.

In that case I WANT Kevin Durant for Gordon.

Invisible Fan and daywalker02 like this.
  7. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

would like to get a long wing who is a defensive stopper and can shoot 3s

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Wonder if the Clippers might have buyer's remorse with Paul George.

Would a RoCo and EG for Paul George trade make sense for both sides?

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Anyone who can hit a 3 pointer consistently. I’ll take Kyle Korver.

10. banzai

Please bring Clint Back! I promise not to talk smack till the all-star break.

11. banzai

When will the next season start now ?

12. jowman

jowman Member

Let’s trade EG and Westbrook for Paul George kawhi and some 2026, 2027 picks.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Gordon+house for Love

Prolly some assets also

Tilly will push it and he's close with westbrook and Harden so why not.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Go back and look at Gordon’s stats during the last series. He had two bad games but in game 1 and 2 he was the second best player on the team. When you take away House and MDA messes up the rotation by not making adjustments Eric was getting more defensive attention and he’s not going to be able to carry an offense without movement but he’s a valuable off guard and fits next to Harden and Westbrook perfectly as sixth man. He’s also a defensive stopper. He’s closer to Kyle Lowry than Lou Williams and hopefully the next coach unleashes that.

I think he will he traded this off-season but I think it’s wise to hold onto him until the deadline because he’s better than he was last season and he will be better whether it’s Here or elsewhere.

Look at the Clippers stars in game seven and see that these guys are human. Conditions were weird and weird things can happen.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

How about this trade:

Houston
    • Eric Gordon (OUT)
    • Danuel House (OUT)
    • Myles Turner (IN)
    Washington
    • Thomas Bryant (OUT)
    • Ish Smith (OUT)
    • Eric Gordon (IN)
    • Danuel House (IN)
    Indiana
    • Myles Turner (OUT)
    • Thomas Bryant (OUT)
    • Ish Smith (OUT)
    Washington is pretty much all in with Wall/Beal on long term contracts, they need stronger guard play from the bench which Eric Gordon could potentially provide (very likely he can have a bounce back year next year). Danuel House is a gamble for a team that doesn't need anymore stupidity, but House provides real solid play and gives them a solid SF at a low price for the next couple of years.

Indiana, Sabonis is the future and he needs to be given the keys to man the C spot with TJ Warren breaking out and likely being able to take over the 4 spot. Ish is on an expiring deal and gives them solid veteran play and Thomas Bryant is a young C that could play behind both Sabonis and Warren and be an excellent back up. This helps Indiana reduce salary to provide Oladipo another deal after next year since only Thomas would be in the books and Ish would be gone.

Houston, well we need a big man that fits with Westbrook and that can be a decent defender and rebounder and Myles would fit perfect with whatever scheme we decide to go with. Probably some draft picks would need to be thrown in there.

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

they would rob us there. What has he done? They have to add another rotation player

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm targeting Christian Woods with everything I got. I'd offer him 4yrs/$40M - $50M. It sounds high but I think he is the perfect new age center! Plus, you can get him while he's still young and pare him with Bruno. That would give us the length we need upfront. Sure we will be young but at least we have size.

Next, I would trade EG for draft picks and cap space. Minnesota or Indiana would be perfect. Use the draft picks for an influx of younger talent and the Cap space to pay Woods and to keep PJ Tucker. Finally, I would bring back Gerald Green at the minimum and target Avery Bradley as EG's replacement.

#117 ballgame, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  18. rockets13champs

i think we are bound to do a 3 way trade with either Philly or Sacramento where we get Love from Cleveland and Eric Gordon going to Philly if Dantoni gets hired there or Gordon goes to Philly as Buddy Hield goes to Cleveland. Have to figure it out on trade finder

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We need players that can come in and play. Christian Woods is still young and he is a gamble at this point. Rockets plan to still compete for a championship and Harden/Westbrook do not have time to watch a player in an important position develop. I don't think he is an option. Would be great if Harden had like 5 more years left playing at this level, but that isn't the case. Myles Turner would be a solid player to partner this line up with.

It allows Covington to shift back to the 4 and allows us to even trade away Tucker (I love Tucker, but he is going to be 36 and I don't think it's worth gambling that he will continue being as productive as he has been the last few years).

raining threes likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not enough in theory.