1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Apparently you didn't see Trump's rally in Tulsa where he addressed all of that. You, like many others, have been duped by biased media.

2. dmoneybangbang

Trump campaigns on "US vs THEM". But glad your taxes went down, not sure how you can argue Trump has been good for O&G considering the trade war.

Riots occurred under Trump and Trump is packing the courts with Evangelicals. If you prefer the Christian Taliban being judges then you would certainly be happy. Gun sales were never higher than under Obama, no one is taking your guns.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Yea.... it was weird how many excuses he came up with and how much time he spent on it. Probably why it was low energy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Okay? Doesn't that apply to liberal voters as well? Why discuss the perceived physical and cognitive issues of Joe Biden and then get upset when someone points out that Trump is worse..... and say "well that isn't what we consider when we vote"........

You have the right to vote and support any one you want and your reasons are your own and matter as much as anyone else's.

5. Nook

Nook Member

I did see it. If you really believe he "addressed that" then you are easily swayed.... he rambled on incoherently for 20 minutes in front of a 75% empty area in the middle of a COVID19 pandemic.

You can certainly support Donald Trump, but to act as if his "rally" solved or erased any of the concerns of his physical and cognitive issues is really odd.

What is even more odd is when Trump supporters try to tear down Biden for his physical and cognitive issues when the President is far worse on that very point. It is like a 300 pound man calling another 250 pound man a slob.... it doesn't resonate.

mikol13, RayRay10 and ROXTXIA like this.
  6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why is it that some actually think the media is dishonest, yet politicians are to be blindly trusted? Lol

RayRay10, Nook and foh like this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

Absolutely I agree with you, all voters both liberal and conservative alike have the right, freedom, and privilege to vote however they want. This post was in direct response to someone who accused me of voting on the basis of entertainment only, and that was insulting. So I laid out my reasons and anyone can agree or disagree, or think the other way and I will respect that. What I won't tolerate is an assumption that I am an uneducated voter. Someone else can also be smart and come out the other way too.

Nook likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump is the most classless idiot politician ever who makes it his daily ritual to butt his head into every tabloid discussion, and it's bigly rich his knob slobberers get all rigid when he's rightly called out for being a pathetic mentally and physically unfit human being who is unqualified for any elected office.

Want to discuss about projection and staking your self worth into a cult leader? Exhibit M.A.G.A.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What was ISIS doing in the USA under Obama?

Why can't any Trump supporter actually debate on the merits instead of making **** up and then giving credit to Trump?

O&G did get worse just look at all the layoffs.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  10. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I used to vote primarily republican for a lot of the same reasons. I grew up in a small business, studied finance, worked Wall Street, etc. My taxes have dropped a lot from the new tax bill so obviously that is of great personal benefit. Of course, this year my income taxes will drop a lot because my income is dropping drastically. I am 100% convinced if we had better leadership, my income (after taxes to account for that benefit) would have been a lot higher.

I didn't vote for Trump the first time around and definitely won't be this time. Ultimately, I feel like I'm selling my principles for less taxes and I just don't want to think of myself as that type of w****. I can't imagine looking at my kids and saying, hey it is ok to support this abomination as the country's leader because we ended up with an extra $XX in our pocket.

A lot of the small business owners I know that support Trump have basically prioritized taxes over any other aspect of the presidency. I personally think it is short sighted given a strong economy and society will lead to higher income, even after taxes that are at say 28% vs 24% or whatever. I'm a minority too (as well as are the business owners I mentioned), though I was born here (whereas the ones I talked to are immigrants to here). Their kids have echo'd the same idea of not using one issue as the critical factor - the parents on the other hand have been pretty singularly focused. I wonder if it has to do with coming from countries that historically have had poor rule of law and so the mistrust in government and "getting yours" makes them cynical of government programs (though they all loved PPP and have both hands open for PPP 2.0).

Rashmon, RayRay10, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree! Trump is far more physically and mentally unfit than Biden. He's got something wrong, and he can't even hide it anymore. All you have to do is watch him walk, watch him try to read his press briefing and it is a struggle.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

I guess Trump created the pandemic in the White House and unleashed it on his own country and shut down his own economy and O&G production as a result. Just because something happens during his term does not mean it happened due to his administration. O&G was booming before Covid-19. Btw, it's the blue state and local government leaders that insist on maintaining the shut downs.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good for you! I wish more people who still support Trump felt that way. I don't see how they sleep at night knowing they will vote for a psychopathic narcissistic liar who will rule forever if he has his way just to save a little money on their taxes. If you make so much that his tax cuts help you then you can certainly afford to help those struggling in this country.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If at this point you are voting for Trump you either are
    1. Anarchist edgelord
    2. Racist
    3. Wealthy enough that his trickle down economics helps you
    4. A combination of 2 and being an idiot.
    5. A combination of 2 and 3 (think the poor weapons handling couple who spoke at the RNC)

If you think I'm being closed minded and unimaginative with who can support Trump, blame Trump for his narrow rhetoric that only caters towards his base. It makes it easy for normal people to distinguish who a potential Trump voter is. His rhetoric is so based in the id part of the brain and low hanging fruit rhetoric, we know exactly the type of people who consume that rhetoric and believe "well that man would make a good manager of the world's largest bureaucracy".

#4214 fchowd0311, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    dobro1229 likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

O&G was down before Covid.

I see you don't want to actually debate rationally.

Typical Trump supporter.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

Do you work in O&G or are you just talking?

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What was ISIS doing here in the USA under Obama?

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Creating Sharia no go zones with the likes of Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib:p

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

D'oh beat me to it again in the same thread..

I really should read these threads all the way before posting.

RayRay10, fchowd0311 and jiggyfly like this.