1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At least we aren't as bad as the clipper or Bucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Sep 15, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, the loss still feels the same to me.

While I take pleasure seeing the Clippers lose, I'd rather be in the WCF and lose there then lose in the 2nd round.

I think all of us are feeling the same...but I think the Clippers and Bucks feel a lot better than we do. They still have assets and ability to improve their teams. We really don't.

At this point we're a gatekeeper team, a term used in combat sports for a boxer/fighter who is a veteran that young pups have to get past to get into a contending space.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Will Kawhi and Paul George face any scrutiny? We've seen the pathetic troll tweets by national media about us and Harden, I doubt we'll see it about the Clippers.

D-rock likes this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lol

Stop being homer like this.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is concerning for the near future that it seems the young Denver team is finally ready.... thought it would take them at least 1 more year.....

It sucks to be in the Wild West.

Nelly likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmon now, he had a huge assists game
    well at least for his standards anyway LOL

ICEibuPROfen likes this.
  6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Is Austin Rivers going to be the character reference?

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

DEN over LAL in 7 then they run out of steam against BOS

D-rock likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

At least we aren't as bad as [x] is the exact opposite way to think, imo

D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Milwaukee will be back doe.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is why you have to an inside presence and we don't with the Rockets. Giannis and the Buck screwed up because they were the first to protest, they lost focus on the games. Lakers would not go anywhere without the Brow and for this reason, Nuggets will lose.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just saw something saying the clippers were tired
    In the 4th

Rocket River

DreamShook likes this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kawhi catching more heat than I expected today.

13. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

That's my thought. Actually all the teams that lost/choked in the playoffs have better assets and future potential than the Rockets. Even the completely dysfunctional Sixers.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

Last year Clippers performed over expectation. A ragtag crew of Avery Bradley / Pat Bev / Gallinari / Trez / Lou / Tobias Harris / JaMycal and Zubac. Got that regular season biggest comeback win over the Warriors.

After the CP3, Griffin, DeAndre, and Reddick core left... people thought they'll just be a lottery team. But they believed and competed. Secured an 8th spot in the playoffs. Doc got credit (deservedly so).

Adding Kawhi and PG13, does make them better talent wise. Lou and few of the guys had to go back to smaller roles. Takes some getting used to, as I'm sure some of the guys thought they'd be starting before Kawhi made his decision. Deeper team, but with team chemistry that stuff takes time. And with some teams, that chemistry doesn't come.

Kawhi just play ball, doesn't talk too much trash. But Bev/Morris/Trez barked a lot this year. Between that and the media overhype, fans started to root against Clippers.

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The league needs a Miami-Denver final. Would be epic

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Clippers and Bucks just had higher expectations than us. So the media is going to be more harsh on them.

17. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

Good recap. Personally I don't think the Clippers doom and gloom is as bad as it's being meme'd.

Yes it was a monumental collapse, but like you said, Rivers proved himself to be an excellent coach last year. I think this year was unique because of the bubble, but also it's the first year a team was cobbled together. They certainly disappointed, but they'll make a few adjustments and be right back in contention next year.

The Lakers will be older and there's question marks about the Warriors. I see no reason why the Clippers wouldn't be able to compete for the top seed next year.

One last thing about Rivers: for anyone blaming the loss on him, I don't buy into it. Maybe he could've had the players better conditioned, but I've never seen a team miss so many wide open or point blank shots. That's not on coaching.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Yep.im afraid the league’s goon squad led by Scott foster will sadly screw the Nuggets on strict orders to carry the league’s cash cow Lebron and the Lakers to the finals

D-rock likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Eh I heard it was supposed to be LA vs LA too

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe he was concussed?