1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

does anyone actually think we would have beaten the nuggets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Josh Smith, Sep 15, 2020.

?

would we have beaten the nuggets?

1. no

28.3%
  2. hell no

71.7%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Gassed. Completely spent from small ball. Short rotations as well. House suspension. But the biggest problem was having Westbrook as a second option. The Lakers based their whole strategy on his lack of shooting and it worked. They also put in their best lineups agaisnt Westbrook when Harden went to the bench.

2. MystikArkitect

Was Harden Game 6-like. Something flipped. Cant pin point it. But something flipped.

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CF never learns though but sure Rockets would have gone to a potential Game 7.

Nuggets have been the most resilient team not named Heat this bubble series.

hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We didnt get a chance to play them since the trade but I dont think so. Theres only a handful of bigs that can really make us pay and jokic may be the worst one. He shoots 3, scores inside, and can pick you apart with the pass like lebron. He would score way too easily and force us to double then just find the open man.

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No ****ing way.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. HardenVolumeOne

if we had cp3 and capela easily

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's 2020 for y'all.

Have to get scared of the Nuggets.......what a bubble we live in.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

With how this team, The Rockets, give up leads...I don't see it.

We match up better with them, on paper, we should beat them...but there is a lot to be said about their mental fortitude and that never say die mentality.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

Hell no. Dealing with all that ball and body movement? Did you see how fatigued the Clippers were? Our defense is mostly effort based, so we would've even been more tired on offense. Then they have the long bodies to throw at our front court, Jokic, Jerami and Plumlee at the rim. Double teaming Harden would've worked wonders for them. And who's going to stop Murray, let alone Jokic? The open 3 pointers would be coming down on us too. Why do we feel the need to say missed opportunity anyway, we couldn't beat the Lakers, period.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I think we only fooled ourselves into thinking we could've beaten the Lakers because they were playing so crappy at the start of bubble play, but If I remember correctly, the Lakers were balling before the lock down, it seems that they just found their niche again and the Rockets were the sacrificial lamb.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There was some sarcasm in it.

Nuggs do well in Gm 7s.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

A Concussion?

13. haiti_king

haiti_king Member

Something we don't know about..probably...we had Feburary Westbrook we certainly win game 2 and probably game 3...don't get me started on House

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

marc davis happened.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Rockets who played in games 4 and 5 would have lost a series to anyone. My old 3-on-3 team that played in the "Hoops over League City" tournament would have beat them.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Nuggets caught fire at the right time. That third quarter when Murray and Millsap of all people were hitting 3 after 3 was just ridiculous. That being said, without Capela, Denver would most likely have had our number.

17. verysimplejason

Mo
    More like "PLOW" through...

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not playing the way they did against the Lakers, smh.

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

If we had played well enough to beat the Lakers, of course I believe we would have beaten the Nuggets. Do I think the same team that lost four in a row to the Lakers could have taken them...? That I don't know, but I think they have less diversity to adjust their game to our defense than the Lakers had, along with less ability to defend our backcourt. There's a reason we've played them so well for the last couple years.

20. Josh Smith

Josh Smith Member

sounds like we all agree the nuggets beating the clippers was not an opportunity lost for us

we likely would have been swept by the nuggets