1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien's NASCAR Offense

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Cool Video and a little different than what I understood. So the recievers have to read and adjust and the QB has to throw to the area he assumes the recievers are running to based on what they read.

So maybe that's why Brady was so pissed early on this past season. All his young new receivers were misreading everything. And maybe that's why O'Brien was screaming at Brady. It was Brady's fault, maybe Brady didn't even throw to the right receiver. Brady Sucks. And Maybe Remii's right we don't need any special QB just someone without a dead arm who is not stupid. J/K ;)

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's not an entirely uncommon thing in the NFL though you only seem to hear about it when there's "miscommunication". Hell, one of Schaub's Pick 6's (against Tennessee IIRC) was because Hopkins ran a Go route instead of a Curl.

3. Remii

Remii Member

I believe Hopkins did the right thing. He was going for the 1st down marker and Schaub would have been better off trying to make a 10-15 yard lob pass so Hopkins could go up and get it. Which he has shown us he can do.

Schaub's arm was too dead to make that throw. Because the same route against Tennessee when Hopkins "didn't run the right play" and was intercepeted for a pick 6. Looked exactly like the same play that Richard Sherman picked off for a pick 6. And Sherman said after the game _ "WE PRACTICED THAT PLAY."

If you look at the rest of Schaub's pick 6's I bet a majority of them were in the same area on the same type of play.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It was one of the few times Kubiak's coaching regime hinted that Schaub messed up, but one of them (I think Kubiak) mentioned that Hopkins ran the right route.

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yeah I think O'Brien dummified his system for his college players. Everything I read talked about a word play calling system that put most the responsibility on the QB.

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm really excited to see our offense

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Dude! Great interviews. Such articulate and insightful answers. I am very impressed by those players.

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

B-Bob and justtxyank like this.
  9. MexAmercnMoose

still waiting for liftoff....

10. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Doing the same boring thing over and over. I guess it's accurate.

12. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Clutch, red5rocket and DonnyMost like this.