1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

au contrare.
    atm, CRWD is a MACD cross-under candidate, if one wants to short it

[​IMG]

i see it falling to somewhere between the 20dma & 50dma

saitou likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just saw this. Oracle has their own CDN, but not sure how it ranks compared with the other companies' offerings, but when I think of CDNs, I think of companies like Fastly, Cloudflare, Microsoft, Akamai, Amazon, etc.

saitou and Sajan like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Some country will block the ARM deal. Maybe it will be china or the UK.

4. adoo

adoo Member

Merck inks a ~$4.5 Billion deal for 2 of Seattle Genetics' anti-cancer drugs

[​IMG]
    we can see the pin-ball action on IBB, who owns ~ $256 Millions of SGEN before today's pop, catapulting off the lower trading channel on heavy volume

[​IMG]

5. Air Langhi

Who is going to short NKLA. It is pretty much the new Theranos. They admitted their demo was fake. I don't understand why the stock isn't going to 0. The have no Tech. Their CEO is fraud. Look at the entire management team. Who knows anything about fuel cells.

Sajan likes this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I think it's a **** company but I don't dare short. They've raised enough funds to go on for awhile, and they may be able to operate as a quasi gm brand. Handle the cosmetic designs, marketing and customer service, leave the important manufacturing to gm and bosch. It'll fall far short of being the new Tesla, but still worth a lot more than zero.

With a working electric skateboard from gm, they could do paper launches of new models every month to burn shorts.

Edit: also any idea what's the interest rate? I shorted BFRA few weeks ago, its price spike obviously wasnt based on any fundamentals as the EU listing didn't go up in price like the US listing. Made some money but the interest rate was a few hundred percent p.a. as demand for shares to short was too high; not worth the risk in the end.

#11506 saitou, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What I don't get is why this is going to make them fall now as opposed to earlier when the same story was already published. People are treating this like it's some kind of new news. What am I missing? This was reported back in June : https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...exaggerated-the-capability-of-his-debut-truck

Also, if they're as fake as everyone says, what did GM see to invest $2 billion in them and then have Mary Barra come out and say they're standing by them because of the due diligence they did? Did they fake the tech, too?

The whole situation is odd.

Sajan likes this.
  8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think a lot of the current news cycle pushers are a combination of short sellers and people who have soured on the CEO's personality.

9. Air Langhi

Walgreens had a partnership with Theranos. They were valued at 10 billion dollars at one point. The company admitted that they faked their demo. That is a pretty new piece of information. GM is pretty much getting free shares as far as I understand, GM didn't invest anything in NKLA. NKLA just gave them $2 billion dollars in shares.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/general-motors-nikola-badger-electric-vehicle-2-billion/

Why would a company give away $2 billion dollars worth of equity if it had some super secret technology?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, short sellers like Hindenburg and Citron Research are always looking to kill stocks so they can collect. I still remember Citron blasting Tesla one day and then almost immediately a couple of days or a few days later reversing direction and basically saying they changed their minds and Tesla was legit. I was like "what?" lol. Hindenburg did this not too long ago to Sorrento Therapeutics, too. In some cases, I can agree with them. I'm just trying to figure out the line of reasoning here. Specifically, the stock going down on a story everyone knew about already.

I think they've always said that their goal isn't electric. That's a stepping stone for funding to them. They're about hydrogen fuel stations and being the company that sells the semis and the refueling stations, but that's probably at least a year or two away. They've always been about licensing or giving away the technology so long as everyone ends up relying on them for the fuel. Or that was what they were saying not too long ago. I'm not sure they ever said anything about "super secret technology", did they? Maybe I missed it. He also admitted back in June there was no fuel cell in that truck. Do I think he bs'ed the demo? Hell yes. But again... new news? I'm not getting that part.

As for why give away $2 billion in equity - they've stated they don't want to be a manufacturer. They're basically getting GM's Ultium battery technology, manufacturing capability, and scale while they dump their software and design into the vehicle. It's the same reason they went to Bosch and other manufacturers when getting parts for the semis and for the European production facility. In return, if they can get a few of those Badgers out there, it's more of a test bed for GM to use for their electric division and battery tech. Otherwise they'd be trying to invent and re-invent existing tech. They didn't want to go the Tesla route.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, but this would be GM, Anheuser Busch, as well as others that have been bamboozled by somebody everyone is claiming is a dumbass. Not to mention the original SPAC (VectoIQ) was started by Steve Girsky, who is legit in the auto industry from what I've read. But come to think of it, he was also a GM guy before he started the SPAC, so again, who knows. I'm going to sit back and watch what happens. lol.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Retail traders haven't been able to find NKLA shares to short for a few weeks now.

saitou likes this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

TSLA going to 500 before battery event?

Buy the rumor sell the news?

13. adoo

adoo Member

ORCL, the 4th or the 5th best cloud service provider, will likely get Trump's official approval, by no later than tomorrow, to become the web hosting provider for TikTok USA.
    effectively, it will be a joint venture between a domestic and foreign co, w the Gov't getting some fee.

this JV arrangement is just like how JVs operate in China.​

#11513 adoo, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I noticed that WKHS has very high call volume @$25 strike this week and almost identical put volume @$20 strike next week. Bought some cheap puts for next week as a gamble at yesterday's close.

15. adoo

adoo Member

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Yep, volume today looks really good too. I'm just gonna hold this. The fabs are probably fully booked for the next 2 years.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

One of the answers is GM is extremely desperate. They see the writing on the wall.

18. adoo

adoo Member

china sales for Aug was flat (YoY), was -7% and -10% the previous 2 mos. so, it is stabilizing there.
    But, forecast for US comp in 2020 is -12%

[​IMG]

rolled the front leg to a Nov 82.5 CALL for 30 cents; this effectively makes the Jan 2021 75 CALL a no-cost position

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

adoo likes this.
  20. Sajan

Sajan Member

AAPL VWAP around 117 today... took a dip to 115 after opening at 118.