1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If you trade Deshaun for Murray you will Deshaun do it a lot easier than Murray then...

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

350? We will make that this season!

And resigning as HC isn't enough. He has to be completely gone.

RayRay10, juanm34 and red5rocket like this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just another example of what a good coaching staff can do for player development. QB "guru" Bill O'Brien hasn't developed any QB. Watson was more prolific his first year before BoB started to mess with him.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

BOB is a cancer in the Texans organization. Even if you remove him as coach/GM, it will be difficult and take time to remove all the parts he's corrupted in his time here as he's gained more and more power.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

BoB is now in his 7th season as HC. In this same time frame, the Rockets have gone to the WCF twice under 2 different coaching staffs, and are now retooling again with a 3rd coaching staff.

One organization is not happy with the status quo and wants to win a championship, the other one seems to happy with 9-7 finishes and Wildcard/Div blowout losses.

Two Sandwiches, juanm34 and JayZ750 like this.
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

BOB is the 7th longest tenured HC behind Belichick, Payton, Tomlin, Harbaugh, Carroll, and Reid. What do all of those guys have in Common? Oh yeah, they've all won Super Bowls.

RayRay10, arabrocket, juanm34 and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize the Texans finished 9-7 in O'Brien's first 3 years......and haven't since.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  8. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

yep. A 4-12 finish followed by 11-5 and 10-6. The winning seasons have resulted in a 1-2 playoff record including a shutout against Indy and a complete embarrassment against KC.

The fact that BoB wasn’t fired after that KC debacle, but rather given full control over roster decisions tells me all that I need to know about the direction of this organization.

9. gatsby

gatsby Member

Bump.

JayZ750 likes this.
  10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Would be fitting if Kubiak's Vikings rolls into NRG in Week 4 to hand O'Brien his 4th straight loss.

RayRay10 and arabrocket like this.
  11. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I really don’t understand how this idiot keeps staying the head coach year after year!

12. mightybosstone

I'm actually glad they're playing like ass to start the season. My hopes are that a 5-11 or 6-10 season will be enough for them to finally cut ties with BoB and move on to a competent front office manager and a better coach. That's the only silver lining in this season for me.

RayRay10 and everyday eddie like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL These dumbass teams keep hiring Belichick assistants and deservedly stay losing.

We're in year 7. What the **** are we doing?

Year 7, hope we don't get blown out by this good team, hope we don't get blown out by this good team. Hope Watson can keep it close!
    Year 7, we already knew how it was gonna go against the Chiefs, how it was gonna go against the Ravens, how it's gonna go against a good team/team with a pulse.

Yet this mother****er gains more power, more responsibility. And it's all on that dumbass owner Cal McNair.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's got a cozy relationship with the GM

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I’m officially on board the fire OB train.

I’m tired of watching an offense full of talent consistently under performing!

Pick up KC’s offensive Coordinator as coach. The Chiefs scheme wide open receivers consistently. Mahomes is rarely having to go through reads.

#5855 tmacfor35, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

To be fair to the 114 people who still have votes against firing BOB or abstaining, they have bigger crap to deal with than changing their votes on here. There just isn't any evidence, unless winning the AFC South is the penultimate goal, to keep supporting him.

From the ownership standpoint, they have a profitable franchise. There is very little evidence that they have the ambition and/or know how to field a Super Bowl contending team. To support this organization for their on the field product is to be okay with mediocrity. The Chiefs, for example, gave up future assets and made the move to replace their QB who had a winning regular season record and were perennial playoff contenders. They weren't satisfied with making the playoffs or winning their Division. Ambition and know how. Sure, we made the move the same year for Deshaun, but we were backed into a corner at that point after not addressing the issue in any realistic fashion for a franchise QB LOL Brock Osweiler.

The greatest thing the Texans have accomplished was drafting Watt, who then raised millions for the Hurricane Harvey relief.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

In the past 3 games, Texans have been out scored 118 to 67 and turned the ball over 6 times. Two of them was BoB going for it on 4th down DEEP in our own territory and both led to TDs. Oh and Watson has been sacked 12 times.

RayRay10, BMoney and everyday eddie like this.
  18. conquistador#11

I hit the like button 6x @this post.

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

My favorite movie reminded me of something... "Are you not entertained?" No Cal and no Bill we are not entertained. The double thumbs down for another sh_t show of a performance.

One thing I've noticed is that every team seems to be extra friendly to each other. Helping each other up, patting each other on the back, things that didn't use to happen until after the game was over. It's more like the National Fraternal League.

Maybe I'm just too old because the way I was taught to play sports was to be mean, relentless and never quit (play through the whistle). I just don't see that kind of effort or body language with this team consistently. It flashes a few times, but those embers get snuffed out pretty fast, especially when your coach decides that going for it on 4th and 1 on your side of the field makes sense and then runs a crap play. This sucks!

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member