1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Tacos or Burritos?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 14, 2020.

?

Tacos or Burritos

1. Tacos

52 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Buritos

22 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. enchiladas: "am i joke to you?"

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Buck Turgidson

Freebird's Burritos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Torchy's Tacos

VooDooPope likes this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Torchy's is ALSO unnecessarily POLITICAL.

[​IMG]

3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Thanks. I meant make my own though. Whenever I do, which I just did after making my comment, they either fall apart and leave crap all over me and my face, or I end up with some skinny thing that's mostly tortilla.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How is this thread not a necro-bump?

Burritos all the way. One package and you're full.

My wife is from Indiana and her idea of tacos is the brown and serve packet stuff. It's a fast meal and my kids love it so I just eat it on taco night.

Lord yes. Torchy's is such a hipster place. $5 a taco? It might be great but if I need to buy 4-5 to get full, I'm going to Freebirds, which is just as good. Or maybe it's just marketed to smaller people, like vegan restaurants (where I need to by 2-3x the servings to get full).

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Your Taco/Burrito privileges have just been revoked.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe there is something about politics and "Mexican" food. Legendary Lefty cafe in Minneapolis Hard Times, Vegan burritos have been a staple. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Times_Cafe

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Berkeley there used to be this place called "Kim's Super Burrito". It was a burrito place ran be Koreans. This wasn't a Fusion place and was there before the whole Fusion Food craze started. It was literally Koreans making burritos. Not bad but for some reason they put shredded carrot into the burritos.

8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Childhood trauma. My stepfather's idea of a family dinner was bringing home a boatload of cold Taco Bell tacos on his way home from work. To make matters worse, he would fill a bag or two with Hot tobacco sauce for himself, but never mild or medium for me. (The man eat like this to this day.)

Thankfully in junior high we had a special line in the cafeteria where a lady would make you one of those huge salads with a fried tortilla shell, otherwise I would have given up on Mexican food for life (if a 5,000 calorie salad with French dressing counts as Mexican food).

Later, Baja Burritos became a thing near me. I went there practically every day on my own, thinking that's how people are supposed to eat, alternating between their chicken and steak Bajas, guzzling free refills. I should add that there was a girl involved that worked there... but that sadly never went in the direction I had hoped.

Needless to say, I have health problems now.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Where do taco salads and chimichangas stand?

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ok. I only went to Torchy's once and I was drinking. I thought they were pretty good but couldn't touch what I had in the barrio from the little street shop. I was trying to be nice!

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I mean, it's not offensive or irritating though. It says Democrat and Republican. I'm not turning around and walking out over that.

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Two enchiladas, rice and refried beans, guac, chips, serrano peppers, hot salsa and a crispy taco por favor!

Los burritos son para niños.
    Burritos are for kids.

TWS1986 likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

And now I’m craving an enchirito.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

1v1 burritos win. Rice, beans, cheese, tomato, lettuce, sour cream, avocado, and fajita. Hard to argue against that.

if you’re talking multiple tacos the variance of meat come in to play. Fajita, barbacoa, pastor, all on one plate. That’s where tacos shine.

Based on the above I must abstain from answering. Too close to call.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. tmoney1101

Taco salads are the WNBA of Mexican food. Chimichangas are great for cultivating mass.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  16. tmoney1101

I used to go to the original free birds back in the day all the time, they were awesome. They’ve gone way, way down hill though. The last 5 or so times I went the food wasn’t even lukewarm. I finally game up on them.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a friend back in the day who ate those frozen bean burritos from 7/11. I put that hands down as one of my least favorite foods ever. Yuk! Cheap, but disgusting. Slab some canned dog food on an old hard flour tortilla, top it off with a shot of grease, and there ya have it.

18. adoo

adoo Member

the world famous Manuel Special, the 5-lb burrito; if you can finish one on the premise, you'll get another one free.
    i could never finish the Manuel Special, so i'd settle for the Hollenbeck, a 3-lb one. it has been featured on FoodNetwork

its diverse customer base includes

• locals from this barrio section of LA
    • cops, as the police/sheiff academies & admin offices are ~ a mile away
    • gang bangers
    • businessmen / professionals w suits on
      • i used for for an international Accounting/Consulting firm, when our clients are close by, my team would sometimes do lunch there or pick up

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I voted Burritos because I had some terrible tacos yesterday at the Mexican market and a few months ago when I donated blood at the Toyota Center from one of Tillman’s businesses. Then again, I’ve had some terrible burritos in my life. I had one at On the Border or Gringo’s or something that was smothered in cheese, which I like the idea of, but was basically inedible.

I don’t do frozen burritos or Chipotle. Not fair to mention frozen burritos when no one eats frozen tacos. That sounds even worse. Chipotle has no flavor. I miss Mission Burrito.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member