1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Harden hate has to stop

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swedish-olajuwon, Sep 11, 2020.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The problem there is you can do this exercise for just about every single NBA team, for sure the playoff teams, and you will find the same thing.

When their best player sits and their 2nd best player is alone they aren’t dying.

Houston hemorrhaged leads without Harden.

A 40 million dollar man shouldn’t need every little thing to be perfectly right for him to be able to credibly run a bench unit. Doesn’t even have to win the minutes. A mere draw would have worked in the non Harden minutes.

LosPollosHermanos and HP3 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

So you think if Russ is here....and Harden moves off ball more, we are winning a championship? Even with Russ being as inefficient as he is? You are gonna see all this play out with the new coach, dont worry you can gloat later and see if you are right, but I highly doubt we are ever winning with Westbrook.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are they any closer to a championship than us???
    They won't even be close to coming out of the east for 4 to 8 years
    Unless they get major upgrades

And they got Horford and Harris contracts
    Which are the same as Westbrooks

Rocket River

4. dmoneybangbang

Do you? Why is it okay for Harden and not WB? Your argument that WB is somehow incapable of running an offense and yet he has had better assist % numbers than Harden.

So WB's worst assist % came during the first season of playing with Harden in Houston? Shocking....

LOL. Harden has 29% assist % this year during the playoffs...... and only slightly better TOV %.....Sooooo much more......

It's hilarious how clueless you are.

Huh? You talking about Harden or WB in my response about your WB bias?

LOL. What in the small sample of the playoffs where WB came back from injury? During the regular season it was nearly identical as I posted earlier.

I don't know if you are stupid or think I want WB to be the main playmaker.....

I don't believe based on your posting. You are a Harden only fan.

I mean your entire argument rests on "WB can't handle handling the ball for Harden to run off ball action"......which is entirely stupid.

5. dmoneybangbang

Considering the age of their stars, they theoretically have more of a window/more cracks at it.

6. dmoneybangbang

Which is part of the reason why MDA left.

Not sure how hyperbole helps your argument, but WB is not as good as CP3 running a MDA offense. No argument there.

The blueprint for WB/Harden is the OKC year and the Jan-March stretch. The best Durant-less WB years were him running a spread PNR. Harden is vastly more skilled and has the ability to adapt moreso than WB, but it really didn't happen ( didn't happen with CP3 either). There's a certain stubbornness in this organization.

7. dmoneybangbang

I feel like a big issue is a lot of folks still havent gotten over the WB MVP year..... move on folks. What's important now is elevating the team, not awesome advanced stats on twitter.

Personally I don't think its a good look that the advanced stat darling whose peer is Wilt keeps losing in an embarrassing fashion.

LosPollosHermanos, JayGoogle and J.R. like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again, that's not his fault that MDA runs a 7-8 man rotation and Harden never gets any rest. I'm just reporting the stats. That's all.

Those stats showed that Westbrook lineups are such a rare thing that it isn't really fair to look at that sample size and make definite conclusions from it. I know it's hard to believe that they weren't really any Russ lineups but also remember that Harden plays the most minutes than anyone in the NBA...

Also, wasn't a full season so its even a smaller sample size than usual.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's the thing with mathball.

The stats people look for and value are those that correlate with WINNING, not losing.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden hasnt been on the decline though, his numbers have been fairly consistent the last 3 years and he actually raised it this year. Westbrook is incapable of running on offense because he never has run a good offense. Westbrook's have been on the decline since his MVP years....so what is it about that you arent getting.

LMAO, so he finally had the shooters everyone said he didnt have in OKC and its Harden's fault the guy had 29% assist in the playoffs??? Do you even context bro....that's stupid as hell. Like because Harden didnt run off the ball for him(when he clearly can't do it in his own lineups) thats why he sucked so much hahaha. Its really amazing how easy this is and how you cant get it through your head.

Harden has a 39 assist % in this year's playoffs LOL. So you can even look up stats right and I'm the clueless one.

You literally said "So has Harden" in your response to my post about Westbrook declining in the playoffs.....so you cant even remember what you wrote...got it.

I mean his assist % was way better than Wesbrook, who was comically bad in the playoffs. LOL, you guys really pull the sample size card whenever its convenient for you. During the regular season he was playing bad defenses.And even then his assist percentage was low. Yea Harden doesnt move off ball LMAO, but what about all the shooters he now gets to play with? When it got to the playoffs it showed. Simple.

LMAO giving him the ball more in any capacity would have just resulted in inefficient offense. And lets just say I buy the whole injury thing, why would you want an injured player having he ball more and passing it out??? Yet here you are....being stupid as hell.

Sigh....you can check my post history. But i really dont care LMAO. You're delusional as hell.

Its because he sucks at running an offense. If he could, why the hell are his lineups trash offensively? We have better shooters than he did his MVP season...so what gives??? Why are all of our line ups when he's on the floor WORSE than when Harden has another shooter....oh that's right because he sucks.

Please stop talking to me...its very clear that you cant handle facts....sheesh

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

And this is why some aren’t going to listen to you.

It seems you have some kind of inability to understand that the results of good play are good advanced stats.

What player or team has ever been recognized as great without the statistical resume backing it up?

Name any player in the league you view as top 20-50. Any one. And the stats will generally fall in line with that belief. Not true for Westbrook.

Westbrook had years where his advanced numbers were stellar. This isn’t the case where Westbrook is some sort of outlier that advanced numbers have never been able to accurately judge. He absolutely deserved to be in the MVP conversation that season. He was that good. He is not that anymore. And hasn’t been for 4 years in a row.

The advanced numbers say Lebron and AD are the two best players in these playoffs. These numbers aren’t some crazy voodoo posters try to pull to try to trick people into thinking or believing things that aren’t real.

I can’t fathom to understand how 1 partial terrible season by Westbrook has gotten some Houston fans to completely ignore all factual evidence presented to them. It is quite literally exactly what we saw with Lin fans. Complete denial of facts to prop up their golden boy.

YOLO and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

MDA cant afford to when Westbrook LINEUPS ARE BAD. He ran a larger rotations all year, Westbrook only played 57 games. Even during January they were our WORST lineups. In the playoffs they were comically bad, he could not hold up.

Do you really think they are rare? Have you not been watching this whole season? Westbrook has had plenty of opportunities to run his own units. He's gotten the same minutes as Chris Paul. Westbrook only lineups are such a rare thing because they are not efficient, he's a scrub, all of his stats this year point towards him being so.

We have plenty of evidence before that though, even during his HOT stretch, he was still our worse lineups by far. And that showed in the playoffs. That shortened season stuff works for a small amount of games, he played 57 games for this season, thats large enough of a sample size.

YOLO likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

They invested all their energy in westbrick all year long. Telling all the doubters how wrong they are and will be. Of course they’re not gonna admit what the real problem is. The life of a casual who doesn’t know what they’re talking about no matter how loud they try to be. Gotta double down now and not blame what they so emphatically swore would work

HP3 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Its not hyperbole go look at his playoff numbers oh my god hahaha.

During the Jan-March stretch he we were STILL WORSE WHEN HE WAS ON THE COURT. Loooooooooooool. Do you think Dantoni doesnt know how to run a spread pick and roll holy crap this is hilarious hahahaha. @YOLO Adapt to what? With the ball in Westbrook's hands we are a worse team...it is that SIMPLE. That year he won MVP, his OKC team did not have a good offense.

YOLO likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is rare, I just showed that it was rare. HArden played the 2nd most minutes man, behind Dame, that means Westbrook only lineups were rare.

When the highest minutes a Westbrook only lineup got was 35, total, the entire year...that means it was rare....and that lineup still had a good rating.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's your mistake. You see using the eye test.

HP3 likes this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

We had more talent than the Spurs.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Probably haha.
    Dude, there are legit 21 pages on the link you posted me, there are plenty of Westbrook only lineups there aggregated throughout the season. Dantoni is not a moron. If there was one Westbrook lineup that was only worth 35 minutes and was positive, that should tell you that he really really really sucks as a second option player. The guy played 57 games, there is plenty of evidence here to go off of. He's simply not a good player and using him more without a Harden severely hampers us as a team.

19. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

@dmoneybangbang

Just wanted to say I *LITERALLY* just watched Ricky n Morty for the first time, and I just saw the dog episode of your avatar.
    So whatever you are saying I agree man

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We are not winning with Westbrook or Fertitta as an owner! Morey knew what he was doing with that tweet. He probably wants out! D'Antoni wanted out. I'm waiting for James Harden to ask for a trade as well. I wish them the best. As for us Rockets Fans... this is what it feels like to be a Knicks Fan!

HP3 likes this.