1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I see you can't find a post, can you? I didn't like the way Hopkins kept attacking Houston after the trade, hence the ACL comments.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Im not gonna comb over 94 pages, when for the fact u literally been defending this sht trade from the very beginning. making up excuses on why hopkins was trade, on how he needs a speedster, a bunch of nonense. just stfu.

U aren't wishing the guy to b happy when u outright wishing for him to blow up his ACLs. stop being a hypocrite and just own it.

clos4life likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Someone Trashing Houston.....since his trade. **** him. Hope those ACLs are spaghetti. He could have been Classy.......but he had an ax to grind. **** him.

No excuse. I didn't like the trade. You won't find me liking the trade. It is what is. Not going to change. You can whine and b****....he is not coming back. Out of sight, out of mind. Im not going to dwell on it. Much more important things in life to worry about.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

dang MONSTER way to say "hi" to that fanbase .. what a game changer. "seperation and speed" huh? LMAO. Took out the NFC rep to the Super Bowl last year when so many had shiitted on them and wrote them off.

gave that away for Cooks and Cobb? SMH.

Cardinals have a better team than the Texans. There I said it.

did anyone else see Angelo Blackson out there putting in some work!? Wow.

Nook and clos4life like this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok. And? Hopkins is not coming back. You can be happy for him. Fine. Dwelling on everyday here is not going to get rid of BoB. If u want to become a Cards fan, go to Cards forum/Reddit. It is like fawning over an ex-girlfriend/wife that you left but think it was a mistake...but now has a new man. At some point, you have to move on or you will make yourself miserable. If you don’t like the Texans’ moves/coaching....find another team to follow. If you see no hope, find something else to entertain you.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

LOL

yawn.

I'll continue to hold my team accountable while you continue to make excuses for mediocrity. Do you homeboy.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

After 51-7 vs the Chiefs, I foolishly believed that there was no way the King Billy Bob could embarrass this sports city and himself any worse. This Hopkins trade is just embarrassing. Unbelievable that ownership keeps giving this guy power. It’s incredible. It’s on ownership now.

AstroRocket, Nook, Dopamine and 5 others like this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Quantity over quality rarely if ever works out in sports. Hopkins is a game changer as shown on Sunday in a huge upset over a SB contender. While BOB is wasting money on JAGs like Cobb, Mercilus, Martin, Murray, etc while a truly elite, durable, reliable player like Hopkins is shipped off because he want too much $.

Can’t wait until BOB is fires and we get a competent GM. Cobb at $9m? $19m guaranteed?! What a buffoon.

clos4life, Nook and TheRealist137 like this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Holding the team accountable? Sure. Whining for 7 months about a trade that will not be changed is something else. People are still whining about the Clowney trade, which turns out, was a smart move. I am no fan of BoB, but the Texans ownership seems to like him. I can either let it play out, or find another team. I will not make myself miserable over BoB being in charge.

b****ing on a message board over and over about the same BS is tiresome.

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I disagree with the point about go find a new team if you don't like the moves. That's just stupid. But I am sick and tired of talking about Hopkins and Clowney. They're gone. We need to move on from that.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

hit that ignore chief and POOF instantly happier life perspective for you.

with this team "b****ing" is the only thing left.

Nook likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

sure! but everyone needs to REMEMBER at the end of the year WHY the team struggled and stop placing it at the feet of Watson.

Yeah I get it you guys arent "OBrien guys" but always trying to find some kind of optimism amongst continual management mistakes is wild my guy. Its not like the Rockets who actually have a vision, think outside the box, are relevant and taken seriously.

Texans are just a joke, and it sucks because I like the Texans (believe it or not)

AstroRocket and clos4life like this.
  14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Well it's one game. Started 0-3 in 2018 and still finished 11-5. I realize it's a different roster now, but a lot of things can happen in an NFL season, especially when you have Watson as your QB.

There is a good chance we lose bad again this week, but I'm not going to press the panic button just yet. Will I be furious the day of? Sure, but I'm not writing off the season after the first game.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If you don't have HOPE or OPTIMISM, then there is no point of watching ANY team. Texans are joke, but they still win enough games to get into the playoffs. Be the Bengals, Jets or Browns. That is no hope.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bengals looked better the Texans in game 1 with a rookie QB.

If it wasnt for Fat Randy they at least take that game into OT.

Its worse here because there are still some people here with unwavering optimism like you and cant see a sinking ship for what it is.

Its why people are transfixed by disasters.

but thanks for the advice!

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is ONE game dude. ONE game.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Coming up...
    upload_2020-9-14_14-26-16.png
    Well at least there'll be no Texans fans there to experience the asskicking in person...

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This trade remains mystifying. Hopkins is just so good and sucks in the defense. The Cobb contract is just so bad in the face of this trade...

Nook likes this.
  20. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I'm happy for Hopkins. He could clearly sniff the stink that O'Brien wears like a badge of honor. At least he got out while he is still a stud unlike Andre. Maybe he gets a shot at a Super Bowl. It wasn't happening with this team.

Nook, DatRocketFan and YOLO like this.