1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you try to trade for Giannis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketOrg, Sep 13, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No doubt but nobody is packing up the paint so much that he is only allowed to shoot.

You think 35 yr old Tuckwagon and 6'7 skinny Covington can?

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Has a career of doing it man, you're taking sample size of a guy playing on a hurt quad that had corona playing in a bubble and ignoring his career and saying he can't.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, that's a rocket problem. If we had a legit shot blocking center we probably defend him differently.

But we never had a shot at it, once he realized it was layups and dunks all day we were done for. Our only chance was hoisting up threes and he figured out how to get us to stop doing that as well.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

it isn't a small sample size. it's the last several years. this year was simply a continuation

HP3 likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If they don't want westbrick can we trade Tilman's Soul and first born?

6. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

My fault man. Yeah I would say so. I just did not look at the year properly. People on here actually believe we can get the Greek Freak for EG and an 8ball of coke. So excuse my dumbness.

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Trading Harden for a Giannis rental is a ridiculous thought. The Rockets currently don't have a head coach, have the second worst owner in the NBA who is going to give the Knicks a run for their money. He would not sign here, and Nike and his people would be sure to not let him do it.

If Harden is traded, we need to leverage a massive blockbuster deal where we also trade Westbrook and try to build through the draft or trade for a young superstar that has shown signs that he can win. We are not the 2018 Raptors who were just one piece away, we are several pieces away.

YOLO likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

can’t believe people would actually trade Harden for 1 year of Giannis...u would have to be a complete fool to think he’d re-sign here

lock this thread up

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

actually, now that I think about it, I can believe it

this the same board that has wanted to trade him for Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Kevin Love, etc

trading him for 1 year of Giannis and scrubs falls right in line with that

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  10. So Saith Red

So Saith Red Member

Unless the trade is for westbrook for giannis no thank you. Trying to turn us into the houston masons.

YOLO likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not a lot surprises me anymore on cf's. We literally read some of the worst takes on this board and its the ones who try to be the loudest that are always wrong

Reeko likes this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Heck No. I don’t believe Giannis is capable of deviating from his game. He doesn’t have AD talent. Trade everyone else.

YOLO likes this.
  13. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Okay, right. Yes, crazy idea to trade Harden for Giannis. I mean, after all, the Rockets don’t have any decent draft picks, no salary cap space to sign a player worth beans, and owe 40 mil to a guy that can’t shoot the ball (Westbrook), a guy that Harden likely demanded to sign to replace CP3. Now what?

Giannis has flaws just like all players. The fact is he just turned 25 and he’s only the 3rd player in NBA history to average 25 pts, 10 rbs, 5 assists, and a block shot. The other two players to average those stats... Larry Bird and Kareem Abdul Jabar.

For comparisons sake, Giannis averages 4 more points a game than Lebron James and almost doubles his rebounds. Lebron shoots a little better 3 ball, but Giannis shoots a higher percentage from the floor. Plus, he’s an elite defender, something the Rockets haven’t had since Olajuwon.

Not that I think the Bucks will trade Giannis but if by next year the Rockets are going nowhere, I would make this trade in a heartbeat. Again, the Rockets are not in a financial position to add any other significant players to the roster that will elevate this team to a championship, unless of course, Westbrook is somehow traded. And that means Harden probably demands a trade. Then what?

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Giannis. Giannis says no.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, so u typed that, and still believe Giannis would ever want to re-sign here...

Yup, no picks, no cap space, and 40 mil owed to Russ is just the type of situation Giannis will want to spend his prime in. He has 1 year left on his contract. He is not good enough to win a title with his limited game, especially not with the roster he’d have in Houston. Don’t even try to bring up Lebron when talking about the Brick Freak. So, what the hell is he gonna do here? Russ and Giannis will be absolutely atrocious in the playoffs. We’ll lose in the 1st or 2nd round, he’ll leave, and then what will we have to show for trading Harden? Not a damn thing. Thank God Morey is the GM and not posters on CF.

YOLO and HP3 like this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the rockets would never offer harden. the warriors have the best offer anyway. and Giannis would have to agree to resign wherever he's traded so its limited to GS or Mia. but lets pretend we trumped all of those offers and traded harden for Giannis without him committing to an extension.

in that super high risk scenario we better; (a) sign all of his brothers, (b) hire rick pitino the greek national team coach, (3) have to move Westbrook so you don't have 2 guys who can't shoot.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

After losing out on Giannis and his brothers, Morey tweets yet another political message.

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Lol at your reading comprehension. No where have I commented on whether Giannis would re-sign if traded. He probably wouldn’t. I also suggested trading Westbrook, if possible, is the path forward, with or without Harden, although Harden probably leaves if Westbrook is traded. But since you brought it up, if Giannis left the Rockets after a year it free up a lot of cap space to lure a good free agent. Obviously the key regardless is getting rid of Westbrook and acquiring some draft picks or the Rockets are going no where. The Rockets sure as hell aren’t winning a championship with Harden and Westbrook.

lloyde8 likes this.
  19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Haha. Yeah sure. Add in AD and LeBron also.
    I love my Rockets, but why would Bucks trade with us and why would Giannis want to come to Houston.
    Remember the jab made at Harden during all star selections?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at your reading comprehension and lack of critical thinking...you’re not even aware of what you post

of course u haven’t commented on it, because the fact that he would never do so puts an end to this dumb idea immediately

No “good free agent“ is coming here to play with Russ and scrubs. Did u forget that nobody wanted to come here in free agency before we got Harden? Do u realize that’s why we were signing Trevor Ariza and trying to prop him up as a potential star? Do u realize that’s why we were trying to trade for Pau Gasol? Do u realize that’s why Nene was at the top of our free agency wishlist in 2011? Do u realize that’s why we settled for offering poison pill contracts to Lin and Asik? U post about how we have no assets and 40 mil/yr going to Westbrook, but then think a good free agent would come here. Ha

the thought of trading Harden for Giannis who won’t re-sign is dumb, but that’s the same trade u said you’d make in a heartbeat...thank God Morey is the GM

YOLO and MorningZippo like this.