1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Westbrook is the Dumbest Player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1981, Sep 10, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can we even agree that CP3 was eliminated in the first round by the Utah Jazz? If you're team is a contender and you're supposed to be a big time superstar, can we agree that losing in the first round is hardly ever okay? Unless it's like your first or second time?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

They were the 4th seed with the same record as Utah. I don't consider that a true contender

HP3 likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A mistake, they should have went twice though and kind of funny at the time since they were up 3-1 against the Warriors. It's amazing how much things would have changed if they held on and beat the Warriors.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, fewer titles for GSW but Snake Durant would have bolted somewhere I am sure of that.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay...but OKC-UTAH was a 4-5 matchup too? Why doesn't Westbrook get this same excuse?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Probably so, I mean, he won 2 titles in GSW then still leaves. It's still crazy to me that the guy joined the team that beat him.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone said he wins more. he doesn't

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ron Artest did it to us. We still kinda like him but he goes under another moniker.

'Straight up came to Kobe in the shower....broke back mountain'

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, he's been to the conference finals multiple times and the finals.

CP3 has been to the conference finals once and has been eliminated from the first round..well..a lot.

Also, his 08 Hornets were a really good team, 2nd seed, still did not get to the conf.finals.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean give cp3 kd I wonder what would happen

You give cp3 harden and look what happened. some of the best rockets teams

You give wb harden and you get one of the worst

If you're going to be making comparisons be consistent. as a #1 guy westbrick has not won more

HP3 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It actually shows nothing though.

If you knew Chris Paul, his strength isn't scoring..... it's elevating the team's Defense and Offense only at times.

And his tutoring.

Name a guy other than Harden that was clearly No. 1 to CP3.......

If he could score like Harden or Westbrook we wouldn't be here talking about Chris Paul having problems getting out of the 2nd round.

HP3 likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not interested in "Ifs' and hypotheticals honestly because it's easy to make that to favor any argument, no one can prove or disprove it.

The fact is that WB even as a #2 option (which you're saying he can't win as) has done a lot of winning as a #2 option.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Whose fault is it that CP3 isn't as good of a scorer?? That's his own fault.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Is that the WB of now and what the rockets got? Nope.

so if you're not interested in if's and hypotheticals lets not bring up what westbrick was over 5+ years ago because it isn't relative to what reality is now

HP3 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nobody's fault.

It's the line of pure PGs..... Nash, Kidd, Stockton.....only Nash and Stockton shot very well.

I think if you are a GM, you should treat this position only as a 3rd option on Offense.

If you have the Glove Payton, you needed Kemp and Schrempf.......

I mean if you think he is a 2nd banana, then your whole approach of a superstar team is wrong IMO.

Esp. when Harden your first guy is not strong enough mentally.

#95 daywalker02, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's actually a damn good scorer. he doesn't chuck. that isn't an insult. But he's also a pure point guard. That also isn't an insult.

HP3 likes this.
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Do you actually believe there’s a such thing as a second round level player and a conference finals level player?

That’s the level of thought you have?

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Again, someone called Westbrook a "Loser" in defense of CP3...

So, I think I proved my point there. CP3 has done more losing than Westbrook has.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, and there's been a long argument in NBA history that pure point guards don't win championships or lead their teams there.

I've never disrespected his skills or talents, they are what they are and his playoff record is what it is though.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think you did because it isn't true when you're not being consistent