1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Interest in Sam Cassell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Sep 13, 2020.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Doris Roberts' next year: "This Rockets team is known for their experimental Huevos Grandes approach to offense..."

#81 topfive, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    HP3, Deckard and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Just trying to speak it into existence."

tinman, Deuce and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

If the beginning of the sentence is "Tillman wants" than I want no part of that decision.

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Smh

5. rocketsmetalspd

Sam Cassell HC Mario Elie Defensive Coach!

tinman, Dacamel and Htown Legend like this.
  6. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I think a 10 ft. step back in the middle of the paint wouldn't be a bad shot from James. Could add some variation and keep the defenses guessing at time. If teams are just collapsing the rim, I fail to see how Harden would shoot less than 50% from a wide open, close range shot in the paint.

7. ball king23

ball king23 Member

Bring in SamCassell

Dacamel likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Count me in. That’s a yes

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Should've never been traded and should've Retired A Rocket. We're currently in dark waters with no certain routes forward. Sam Cassell is the captain this ship needs.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Sam I Am! I love it. He's fresh with no experience of being a head coach... he would be like the Miami Heat coach. Eric whatever his last name is.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

Lets bring him home he deserves a shot at a coaching job

Dacamel, Rudyc281 and mikol13 like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

He’s a very good dude. Somewhat plugged in, but I’m not sure if this info is correct. He was pretty early on it though.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Someone here posted the comments and he said something along the lines of it being him trying to speak it into existence than actual “sources”

HP3 and mikol13 like this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

The fact that so many people on here want him as a coach because of their nostalgia love for the title days...is really....like lol. You guys should have no say in any decision making process related to thte Rockets whatsoever and I'm glad you dont.

I woulndt even let you dudes pick the food vendors.

16. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Breaking News: there aren’t many candidates out there with both experience and a solid head coaching resumé.

They should do their due diligence and if Sam Cassell is one of the remaining options, why not give him a shot?

Dacamel likes this.
  17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

If Harden and Russ don't buy in it doesn't matter who the coach is things won't change.

18. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Here’s the thing. If the Rockets are in a total rebuilding mode and trade away Harden then it makes sense to hire a guy with a cheap contract since he won’t be winning many games. However, if Harden stays it would be foolish to hire a guy with no real head coaching experience. You can pretty much guarantee that if things don’t go well from the beginning Harden will ask for a trade. I think Harden would find disrespectful.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont want a Tillman Fertita choice as coaching candidte. I want a Daryl Morey hire. I dont need Same to be hired just because he was an assistant or just because he won titles here.

Because he's not going to be vetted by Daryl, he's going to be vetted by Tillman. If Daryl wants him fine,....but I really REALLY doubt that.

Htown Legend likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

If Morey is the GM than it should be his choice. Then the owner can fire Sam and put Morey on blast when things don’t work out. With the hope that Morey quits and then he saves himself a lot of money going forward. Only then will CF shut up and listen & respect the Tillman way. The owner smears his finger prints all over the team putting us in bottom 1/3 of the league for decades. (JOKING, NOT JOKING)