1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do we have any future in Sports for the next decade?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros123, Sep 12, 2020.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

As im here watching the Rockets collapse has brought some harsh reality to my life. Their core is the oldest in the league, we have no cap space, we have awful contracts, no draft picks, and lastly a cheap owner. The Astros last chance real chance of being able to win it all was last year. i actually went to game 7 last year and still wont forget that 7th inning home run for the rest of my life.

Do i need to say more about the Texans? A few years ago in 2017 we thought the city was turning a corner...

What depressing decade we're going to have. :(

2. droxford

droxford Member

Could be worse.

... Could be raining.

RustyHarden, Xerobull and Jontro like this.
  3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Probably not. But there’s more to life than sports.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Dynamo lost to Dallas as well.

5. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

There is, but when you're on this board a lot of life is sports.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm pretty sure the Rockets are going to be the Mavs b**** in the division for the next 7-10 years. Duhpressing

7. Buck Turgidson

There's always Rollerball.

And the game where people run around in the woods and hunt Ice-T

Xerobull likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I rarely follow MLB, what happened after their title that made em that much worse? Weren't they the best team and still young, shaping up for a dynasty?

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They have been obliterated by injuries this season. If we had the full team we expected we are likely still one of the top teams in baseball, could still be if guys get healthy before the playoffs.

The players are getting expensive and a rebuild might be coming, but of the 3 teams the Astros are the only one that I'm not completely miserable about. We might fade back into the pack for a few years, but I have no reason to fear long term disaster. They have still have an owner who wants to win and a great franchise infrastructure.

The Rockets and Texans on the other hand, yeah it looks f**king bleak thanks to their ownership.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We’ve got another ten years of Harden ball left!

what you talkin bout, Willis?

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You could always join the fine posters in the D&D and participate in the baseless arguments and tweeter opinions that are treated like breaking news!

RustyHarden, astros123 and TWS1986 like this.
  13. Aware

Aware Member

UH basketball

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Except Gary Busey doesnt qualify as people.

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm basically discounting this baseball season completely due to COVID and the fact that the Astros have been obliterated by injuries. The Astros still have a ton of young talent, and when healthy, they'll be a top 4-5 team in the entire MLB for a while.

The Rockets: I STILL have a little faith in Harden...for all the flack he gets, he's an amazing player. I think the style of play can work, but if you're going to shoot 50 3s, you need 3 point shooters. I give the Rockets another 2 years to challenge.

The Texans won't do anything as long as we run a Bill O'Brien offense. If they got rid of O'Brien and really opened up the offense and let Watson go crazy, they'd have a chance. Their defense is terrible though, and even if JJ Watt has a somewhat above average year, he's not enough.

RustyHarden and Yung-T like this.
  16. astros123

astros123 Member

The same group of 15 users that bicker and b**** about the same political views. There just be one huge thread in D&D where everyone just spams. That's what that subsection is at this point.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Stros and Rockets window is still open but maybe only a season or two more. With Deshaun Watson the Texans could be competitive for awhile. NFL also has the most parity of those leagues so barring major collapse the Texans will have a chance for years.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They got to the ALCS in 2018 and the WS last year, so it's not like they dropped off a cliff. This year is so unique and it's not over yet so we don't know where they'll end up. They had a really bad week. Let's wait a month or so.

mikol13, CCity Zero and Yung-T like this.
  19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Astros. I have ZERO faith in Fertitta and ZERO + faith in Bill O'Bumble & Cal.

mikol13 likes this.
  20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

How are the Comets doing? As long they have the big three plus that feisty PG, they should be OK.