1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fix Westbrook shooting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Sep 13, 2020.

1. jaychi

jaychi Member

It maybe too late or you can't teach old dogs new tricks but there's no other options.

We can't trade,draft,sign anybody more or else. most everyone does not want to come here

and no one will trade for Westbrook I believe

His primary flaw is his jumpshot. You know why his jumpshot is not good and sometimes short.

HE LOOKS AT THE BALL WHEN HE RELEASES HIS SHOT!!!!

Tucker does this too sometimes. It shows the lack of confidence

I don't know why coaches don't see this. When you look at the ball, it destroys the momentum and it shows that you are not confident with your shot.

If I am Harden, I would work with Westbrook the whole off season. It is a make or break last few years with Harden and he is stuck with Westbrook.

I don't see any more trades that will help us. It can just be a lateral move.

Sorry had to let this out. This is a simple fundamental fix that they should be looking at and Westbrook should not be too proud not to fix this

P.S> his shot is also too flat, no arc at all. chandler parson like

weopeo9744 and BigShasta like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

fix his ball handling and passing too...he dribbles and passes like he’s missing fingers or has nerve damage so he’s not able to grip the ball

YOLO likes this.
  3. jaychi

jaychi Member

oh yeah.agree.and eg should join too

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Too late for that bro. Westbrook is the guy who talks **** down 20 with 5 minutes to go in a game. Prime knucklehead, always has been.

Lovemachine2000 and YOLO like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not getting his shot fixed at 31 years old, nor is he fixing his basketball IQ.

Der Rabbi, Rocketeer4Life and YOLO like this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Fix the team formula. Rebound, rebound.... We can't fix Westy, we can only add guys to enhance his game. Add big guys who actually plays in the games. We gave Tyson Chandler the whole season to sit and collect paychecks.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with others I don't think we can really change Westbrook and it always was a mistake to try to fit Westbrook into this system. He's not a set shooter and never was. What Westbrook does is creative chaos. He's good when things are breaking down but you get him on a frenetic drive creating at the basket.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is so weird to me.

So many people have said Derrick Rose might be the worst MVP in the history of the NBA. But the guy at least has an injury excuse to fall back on, which is completely logical.

Westbrook's entire game is broken, and there's been no major injury to predicate that. He might end up being the worst MVP in history...moreso than Rose.

10. MadRox

MadRox Member

Instead of fixing Westbrook's shooting, fix his style of playing. Lakers were just leaving him open and double Harden, Westbrook need to act like a Capela and play the pick n roll with Harden. Since he is super athletic but can't shoot, he can play the Capela to Harden of old.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Am I the only one who didn't mind Westbrook mixing it up and talking **** in the 4th quarter? Why is that a bad look?

F*** the Lakers. Russ played bad, but he's a proud player, former MVP. Even if he got beat, he still doesn't need to kiss LeBron's a**, and he CERTAINLY doesn't need to kiss Rondo's a**.

The Lakers were the better team, no question. But I don't ever want to see the Rockets back down from another team, especially the Lakers. I like Russ's fight. Hopefully he can heal up and find a way to channel his energy into becoming an effective player next year.

12. Rocketeer4Life

Don't you think multiple coaches has taught Westbrook how to shoot throughout his career? Can you also train someone not to commit that much turnovers?