1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My guess is Barr tries to get around this by claiming neither Biden or Harris were involved so it’s all good, or redacting Biden’s name even if you make it clear that’s who you are referencing in the report.

Either way though, I predict this will land with a dud. Reasons:

-The Comey investigation re-opening was a big deal because it was Obama’s own DOJ/FBI taking this action which gave it credibility

-Most people who are not Fox/QAnon crazies have seen no reason why Crossfire Hurricane shouldn’t have been open with the mountain of evidence produced in the following reports (hello letter of intent for Trump Tower Moscow), and Biden/Obama knowing about that investigation being opened and supporting it won’t really change anyone’s minds because everyone has already made there’s up on Biden v Trump.

Bill Barr is gonna do a Bill Barr here but the guy has zero credibility and going too hard at Biden with some weird accusation will backfire on Trump and further make him look like an autocratic thug who tries to jail his political opponents. Might as well just poison Biden at that point if you are going to go all in on the whole jailing your political opponent bit.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

You know, especially after the recent news about the political opponent in Russia being poisoned, that Trump has seriously contemplated doing that to Biden if his polls aren’t good prior to Election Day. I imagine he’s already floated that idea, in his Trumpian way, to a few of his advisors.

He doesn’t have the balls to act on this feeling, at least from what I’ve seen, but I’m sure he’s thought about it a few times.

AleksandarN likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump thinks he is above the law, especially as he tries to keep grasp on the presidency...

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Why is McCauliff asking “Why?” When he answers that question immediately before asking.

Master Baiter likes this.
  6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Trump wants long voting lines. He has made the calculus and his zealots will be very happy to stand in line and slow down the voting process. They don’t give a crap about covid. He wants long lines to dissuade Dem voters from turning out. And these trump zealots will jam up the lines like the irrational nut job at the checkout line who wants a manager to come over to argue over a 10 cent coupon.

Rashmon, malakas, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Twitter steps in (kind of)
    Screenshot_20200912-112041_Twitter.jpg

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There's absolutely no evidence that Trump would not have contemplated out loud ideas are obviously signalling towards that approach to the right people... select few that there are though. Mike Pompeo is the guy that scares the hell out of me in his cabinet, and having led the CIA for a time puts him in the ball park as someone who might have the gall to consider taking Trump up on his ridiculous request.

But yes I don't think Trump could pull this off especially without someone leaking it out. Mark Meadows, Gina Haspel, and definitely Chris Wray would probably all either act like they didn't hear the request, say they thought he was joking, or in some cases (Chris Wray most likely) would take measures to punish the President politically for making such a ridiculous assertion. I think even Trump is smart enough to know who to and who not to float the idea to, but i have zero doubt Trump wouldn't do this if he could get away with it. Mike Pompeo and Bill Barr are by far the two most dangerous people in our government IMO.

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point anything is in the realm of possibility. That said even if Trump wanted to try to assassinate Biden Biden also has secret service protection. I don't think the Secret Service would willingly turn a blind eye to the President trying to assassinate his political rivals especially one that is also under their protection too.

Further if this is done by trying to get Mike Pompeo to use the CIA from what it sounds like much of the CIA doesn't trust or like Trump either.

Trump might want to be Putin but his position is far weaker than Putin's and even though they are stretched there are still safeguards built into our system. If we see whistlblowers acting on Trump trying to get dirt on an opponent through diplomatic channels I have a hard time seeing him pulling off an assassination of a domestic opponent without a lot of people knowing and stepping forward.

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its like they think nobody is gonna pick up on this stuff.

I mean what the hell?

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You mean the same ones that only step forward when their book is published and they are promoting it?

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm talking about people like Col. Vindman, Ambassadors Yovonavitch and Taylor

T_Man, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Awkward... imagine if it wasn't reported, pence would have happily attended...

No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If they leave out all the QAnon people, are there any Trump voters left?

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Good response.

Nook, T_Man, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Best Pence quote wrt his wife ever ...

Mama made me a bisexual.

People are saying. I am a person. I just said it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ump-bring-in-martial-law-if-you-lose-election

Roger Stone to Donald Trump: bring in martial law if you lose election
    Stone said Trump should consider invoking the Insurrection Act and arresting the Clintons, former Senate majority leader Harry Reid, Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook, Tim Cook of Apple and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity”.

RayRay10, No Worries and deb4rockets like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If voting twice is a felony, where does the line get drawn legally for the President (cult leader) to tell people (his cult) to commit an act deemed a felony?

When a psycho cult leader devises a plan to have people murdered, then lays out his plans to his followers (cult) to carry out, doesn't that psycho cult leader become part of the crime and get arrested too? (Charles Manson).

#4038 deb4rockets, Sep 13, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. Buck Turgidson

Mother told me not to go?

RayRay10 likes this.