1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/12/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Cheezu

Cheezu Member

nobody is taking westbrook and nobody would arguably take career choker-strip club visiter-blocked by a 45 year old manu-er-blowout loss to a kawhi less spurs-james harden either

unless they want fancy stats and free throws, nobody in their right mind is taking these dudes

manlisten and ronclone like this.
  2. Cheezu

Cheezu Member

oh i agree with you in that sense-i do agree coaching makes A difference-i just dont think any coach can make a difference to THIS team-when your leaders are heartless stat padders, theres only so much a coach can do

manlisten likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Morey has done amazing for what he has had to work with. He will go to Philly and will kill, just like Cp left and was still a good player.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Explain exactly how the Lakers are worse than Nuggets and Mavericks who both took the Clips to 6 games.

5. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

If they script a Lakers-Celtics series, we'll know none of it ever mattered.

Rocket River and daywalker02 like this.
  6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

You don’t have to FIRE someone that has no contract. It’ll be a “mutual parting” of ways. MDA is being being courted and will get PAID somewhere else

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I hope House gets traded to a **** city and with a **** franchise to rot for the rest of his career.

8. fattz

fattz Member

Well here we are... all in and going home empty handed. We will never look like this again, Change is inevitable.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Philly has a better situation.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Clippers wont play down to the Lakers

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Morey has never fully had the reigns to do what he wants since the day he became an assistant GM to CD. Input yes. Full control, no. It’s a shame because he’s one of the best in the league.

linvetb6, daywalker02 and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Morey didnt create this situation.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The point is bruh —-they are taking pleasure in our embarrassing pathetic showing after (the rockets) clearly not wanting their services.

14. Aware

Aware Member

time to delete twitter for the rest of the year lol

Tfor3 likes this.
  15. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

My main thing is no one tells him ****. All this Clapping clapping come on guys not going to get it.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think teams would still sag off of him and ignore him to double Harden unless he was around 35% from 3

his decline in overall skill level is jarring...his handle is so garbage now...sh*t, Danny Green’s handle looks tighter than Westbrook’s...his passing is so off target it’s not even funny...he is legit 1 of the most inaccurate passers in the league...his handle and passing was never great to begin with, but sheesh, it was certainly at least comfortably above average...now it’s straight up buns...he seriously plays like he’s missing fingers and can’t grip the ball or like he’s suffered nerve damage...it’s that bad now

if that’s the price for Wood, then Rockets need to be at his front door the second free agency starts after doing several weeks of tampering...I think he’d be great here

Kenny Atkinson is my preferred choice of all the names I’ve seen mentioned that sound realistic, but yeah, the Rockets need to stop this stubbornness and unwillingness to change what they’re doing...it fails every year

For an organization that is so obsessed with analytics and efficiency, how come they can’t see that the offense falls off a cliff every postseason? It’s because the Rockets are not difficult to plan against. We change nothing, and bring nothing new to the table.

DVauthrin likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to say.

Rivers hasn't been a very good coach since Boston.

And LA have both Rondo and LBJ, his former guy and a former rival.

Kawhi's jumper is interesting but again the Clippers were playing mediocre ball.

Questionable effort at times much like the Rockets but more talented.

18. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

5-4 now....nobody out. Josh Reddick just scored 2 !

19. HP3

HP3 Member

River's is better than Frank Vogel, I can tell you that much.

LBJ is great, but Rondo will not have another series like this against the Clippers, he sucks. Clippers have a way better defense than we do.

linvetb6 likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Really ? Why?