1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 9/12/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This game, and this year, have both been pretty tough. I'm ****ing disappointed that we're going home, but happy that we got to watch basketball at all given the current state of the world.

I'll be watching no matter what, because the Rockets are my team for life. Gonna take a little break and enjoy what remains of the summer. We can debate over offseason acquisitions another day, and I guarantee we'll have many heated debates on this board--as we should!

The life of a sports fan is never easy. But this year more than any other I'm grateful for all of you guys and the Houston Rockets.

See yall in a few days

GO ROX!

daywalker02, DeBeards, Aware and 5 others like this.
  2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Before that he was sticking up for the rockets saying were we supposed to beat the dynasty warriors, were we supposed to beat this LA team? We weren’t but people will **** on us like we were.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Javale looks out of breath. He just got in.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our team really showed grit and heart this game! Tucker with -38 and Harden with -29 both leading the team in heart. Run it back! :rolleyes:

javal_lon likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We're supposed to be the three point offense. The Lakers flipped the script.

7. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

8. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Lakers 52% 3P
    Rockets 26% 3P

Oh my god. Hahahahaha

daywalker02 and JayGoogle like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Capela, who's stuck on a bad Hawks team? CP3 who got bounced by these same Rockets, and who'll probably be traded for the third time in his career in the offseason?

Ok.

Reeko likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Doubtful, Im calling Clippers in 5. Clippers are very much than the Lakers.

11. major_major

major_major Member

Practice will do that.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

It’s not his fault he wasn’t fired 2 years ago like he should’ve been. This org has no direction right now. Morey has never fully been handed the keys. He didn’t want MDA or WB. I wouldn’t be surprised if he decided to take another job in the offseason.

snowconeman22 and HP3 like this.
  13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Am I allowed to hate Austin Rivers again?

Tfor3, kjayp, STR8Thugg and 1 other person like this.
  14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Fire Morey immediately.

Tfor3 likes this.
  15. Cheezu

Cheezu Member

did westbrook really say "you better double me" with his team down 29 LMFAO

16. HP3

HP3 Member

That guy is best to put on ignore.

17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

We never got this owned when we played the Warriors the last previous years. Say what you will about CP3, we didn't get punked like this when we had him during the playoffs.

ronclone and HP3 like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, they played small ball better than we did lol.

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

You think MDA should have been fired after the game 7 loss to GSW? Idk if I agree with that, but hindsight is 20/20 i guess.

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You are absolutely right that Westbrook has a lot to work on, and I’d settle for him improving in those areas, too. My perspective is this: Until Westbrook becomes at least a 30% three-point shooter, good defensive teams in the playoffs are going to sag off of him and make life much harder on the rest of the Rockets, especially Harden. It’s the same problem Philadelphia has with Ben Simmons. In the regular season, you can get away with Westbrook playing Capela‘s role offensively, but it doesn’t consistently work in the playoffs.

I don’t think Wood gets much more than the full MLE. He had a run of about 20 good games for the Pistons and that’s it. Ibaka will depend on if Toronto wants him back. If not, does he like the idea of reuniting with Harden and Westbrook? I doubt he gets huge money thrown at him, but you never know. I wouldn’t say the Rockets are front runners for either player, for sure.

Agreed. Gallo would be a great fit here, but he is going to get paid handsomely this offseason.

I completely agree concerning House.

Morey or a new Rockets GM has to move Gordon for a player with length that has a comparably bad contract. Then, Tilman has to give the green light to use their full MLE on someone like Ibaka, Wood, Millsap, etc. The new Rockets’ coach has to be more flexible in his defensive schemes and realize it’s ok to mix in other defenses besides switching everything, all the time.

#1160 DVauthrin, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Reeko and HP3 like this.