1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Hate this roster, can't stand it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Sep 10, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah I am so silent with my more than 100k posts.

DD

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Not talking about you ...was more about the guy i quoted and others who show up here when we lose.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99er OWNAGE

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Harden should of had 25 assists yesterday. With how much Harden was trapped, rest of the team was playing 4 vs. 3.

Rockets are just not playing Rockets basketball. And small ball becomes a disadvantage if they are not taking advantage of the math.

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Firstly, even if he were capable of passing out of double teams properly, doing so wouldn't generate many assists for him. They're usually hockey assists.

Secondly, Harden does not pass well out of double teams. His passes tend to either float or be off-target which allows defenses to recover.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Prove what you say, we know your eye test is faulty.

And if Harden has such "cheap" assist ability then how was he able to generate 10 assists when his passes are so off target or float?

Harden was trapped nearly the entire game and had 5 turnovers so you should have tons of video evidence to support your spurious claim.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I suggest you watch the games.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

You always say this because you love to vomit out "facts" without support.

You are a shitty fan.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Are you still salty because you were wrong about PJ Tucker being the "ultimate Lakers killer"? Or because you were wrong about Anthony Davis? You're wrong about so many things that it's tough to keep track.

You're not a fan of the eye-test, right? Pray tell, what kind of evidence are you looking for that would prove that Harden's passes float?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Those were YOUR words, so back up your **** MFer.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I did. Watch the games, and you'll see.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I did watch the games and I saw Harden put up 10 assists.

See how that works?

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Not really. Assists are generally objective. Whether or not a pass "floats" is subjective.

If you watch the games, don't just look at the double team and think "Harden's done his job". Look at the quality of pass that Harden makes out of the double team.

At this point, can you at least admit that the Lakers are utilizing AD far more in the last three games than they did in the first game?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You got more silent after reaching that milestone. ;)

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

AD has been used much better for sure.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lakers could patent theirs 'Tall Microball'.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Not that anybody cares about my contributions here, but I have refrained from posting much at all in the last 9-10 months aswell.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

After last year when I saw that MDA would be back without an extension - this being the last year of his contract - I knew there would be no changes by him or Morey. I posted as such here that instead of making changes (such as those proposed by CP3) I fully expected MDA to double down on his "system". And I was proved to be correct: MDA, Morey and Harden ran CP3 out of Houston and gave us the "Next Evolution of Rockets' Basketball". Yeah, right! As the saying goes, "Be very careful what you wish for lest it come true". Well, you bought into Dork Elvis' fairy tales and this is what you get.

As for Morey, I gave up on his snake oil and bullshit 11 years ago when he brought in Ron Artest. That was it for me - I quit drinking the red koolaid, dropped NBA League Pass for good and did not watch any Rockets games for the entire season (I was that pissed). From that point on I vowed to only believe in what I saw on the court. I was not and am not surprised to see this becoming yet another wasted year under this team organization as they have been reading from the same failed script that Carroll Dawson used (Scottie Pipen anyone?).

If this sounds cynical then know this: My fandom goes to 1972 as does DaDakota's. As have DaDakota, I, too, have lived through it all - the bad Rockets' history and the good. I remember the barely attended games at Hofheinz Pavilion and the Summit. I watched them trade away Elvin Hayes (only to see him win a title with Washington). I watched as Moses Malone took them to the NBA Finals in 1981, win MVP in 1982 only to be traded to the 76ers and win a title in 1983 (Dr. J says thanks). I watched as Mitchell Wiggins and Lewis Lloyd were banished from the league because of cocaine use. I watched them take John Lucas no. 1 in the 1976 NBA draft only to lose him to the same drug in 1985. I watched as their "Twin Towers" experiment started with such hope and optimism only to end in painful disappointment. I survived the lean years from 1987 to 1992 and cried tears of joy in 1993-1995 when Olajuwan and Rudy T taught the basketball world that Clutch City was real and to NEVER underestimate the heart of a champion.

It's been 25 years since DaD and I have felt that overwhelming joy and more so than that - experience the sense of pride in our Rockets we all felt watching them hoist that Larry O'Brien trophy. Ad, like him, I continue hold out hope that maybe, just maybe some day, one day we'll have the chance to feel that way again (shout out to the Tinman!).

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I can agree that Lakers are utilizing AD more effectively. Same with Lebron, and Rondo as well as rest of Lakers team.

And I'm glad that we agree as well that "floats passes" is more subjective than objective.

Even off target passes is more objective than "floats".

Subjective arguments are much more difficult to debate because they are much more difficult to support or validate.

This is why I try to stick with more objective stances, the support can be found.