1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: House status for rest of 2nd round in question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YOLO, Sep 9, 2020.

1. wb00

wb00 Member

At the end of the day, house is the only one to be blamed for putting himself in this situation. Everyone knows the rules and are expected to follow it. House didn’t and got caught.

maybe other players were doing the same thing and didn’t get caught and unfortunately house got caught. He shouldn’t have put himself in that situation and now the rest of the team will suffer for it.

malakas, J Sizzle, apollo33 and 2 others like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

On-court trickery is one thing, though.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This is going to go beyond this season.

House is going to have a really hard time being on the same team as Harden, Tucker, Westbrook and MDA (if he is back). The older players on the Rockets see the end of the tunnel and really do not have time for blatant and purposeful screw ups.

Especially Harden and Tucker. Harden has no problem pulling a guy aside in private and telling him he is a screw up. He did it to Howard and McDaniels and others. He had Tucker talk to McLemore earlier this season..... the problem for House is Harden has the memory of an elephant, unless the Rockets get past the Lakers and House does something, this will not be forgotten by this group of guys.

MDA put his neck out for House a few times last year and this year and I have to think this isn't making MDA look good, beyond the fact now the Rockets are only 7 deep.

BigMaloe, malakas, DVauthrin and 7 others like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

What a complete moron, like if this true, I want him traded. He's an irresponsible idiot.

BigMaloe, malakas, topfive and 2 others like this.
  5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

My theory: House violated protocol, and when D'Antoni found out about it, he sent Chandler to House's room to get him quarantined so opposing coaches can't make Chandler shoot any more free throws.

Just to be clear for the more excitable people: That's a joke.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It is going to be a costly mistake, no pay for missed games. It is going to cost a house. When House career over he is going to have a Charles Barkley grudge for the no paycheck. 1/2 fault is NBA for letting families in the bubble. They just started this week.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nook likes this.
  9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

The Rockets will always find a way in the playoffs to shoot themselves in the foot whether intentional or not.

Last year it was CP3's injury, this year it's been about Daniel House.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Finally got a pic of the tester who got House suspended.

11. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really interesting...

bro2044, TMac'n, Amel and 6 others like this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Anyone who thought Taylor Rooks was involved has no sense or eyeballs.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Shams article

"The NBA has informed involved parties that it has circumstantial evidence implicating House. House has vehemently denied to the league that he engaged in any improper contact with the staffer."

BigMaloe, joshuaao, Nook and 2 others like this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's in the Photoshop the Playoffs thread. Did one of our guys do it?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

So...they have no concrete evidence, but the'yre going ahead and taking away our 5th best player.

The NBA tries so hard to let everybody know it's rigged. It tries so, so hard.

16. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Oh, after seeing Rooks... I have eyeballs alright.

17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

So, the NBA has no verifiable evidence that it's House...the lady in question never mentioned House (only Tyson and another player who isn't named), there's no cameras or video that show anything other than a door opening and closing. The league's crack security team stationed at the checkpoints allowed this lady in even though she shouldn't have been in there. And the league only has "circumstantial evidence" to implicate House.

Something's not adding up.

D-rock likes this.
  18. swedish-olajuwon

Why the hell did Chandler have that female over? The old bum is not even playing and acting cheerleader, did this bum really ruin the season?
    So there are no proof of House actually being in contact with the female and only speculation? This does not look good for the league and I feel bad for House.

I should not have written to his mom.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

So if she named ANOTHER Rockets player and House denies it was him then all their circumstantial evidence (vid of door closing around same time girl in building) is BS.

But who is that other unnamed player?

NBPA will lose all credibility if they allow House to get lynched like this, no matter how much CP3 hates the Rockets.

20. Nook

Nook Member

We are screwed.

House is screwed as well.

His TEAMMATES have had to enter quarantine, I am sure that is really going over well with them.

I fail to see how this woman cannot identify House...... usually you can identify the people that pounded you, even if it is a one time thing.

House is not in a good spot...... his coach, teammates, girlfriend and mother are all likely really, really pissed.

I do find it telling that Tyson Chandler isn't ratting on House..... it's time for someone else on the end of the bench to take one for the team.....

[​IMG]

"It was me. Danuel House had nothing to do with it. I am guilty. Quarantine me."

[​IMG]

"It was that guy. House was in my room watching tape!"

BigMaloe, hakeem94, Zboy and 2 others like this.