1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 9/8/2020 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2020.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Honestly, House out, Covington taken out, and Lakers had to pull away in the last few minutes?

As much as this sucks (I missed the game), it seems like we played to the Lakers instead of making them play to us, didn't take many 3s (or FTs? Of course they had 9 more), and we kept low turnovers while both stars had 30.

So lack of 3s and lack of role player help. I'm guessing Harden was doubled a lot, especially in the last few minutes.

A bummer, but in the end its only 2-1 (we can beat this team b2b), and I am just glad we beat OKC. Anything else is the cherry on top, but if House & Covington are out then this series is over.

2. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Look here is how Playoff basketball works. When you do not take away or at least hinder any teams offense you will pay. The Lakers are putting pressure on The Rockets ball handlers. The Rockets are allowing the Lakers to wali into their offense but your defense has to pressure the decision makers. We should be losing because we have allowed Lebron and Rondo to facilitate the offense comfortably

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I'm not a big WB fan but he is not the reason we lost. We go as Harden goes and, in the last 2 games in crunch time (4th qtr), he hasn't gone. For real....playing 6'5 guys in the paint against LouBron and AD isn't going to hack it. Real leaders say jump on my back and I'll take you home...who for us is saying that ? As much as I dislike LouBron...that's what he is doing ...BOTH ends of the court. He is refusing to let his team lose. It's mind over matter....if you don't mind,it don't matter.

deb4rockets and Little Bit like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I doubt he plays next game at a minimum.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Because they are giving him the Dort treatment. But we can't seem stop Lebron or Anthony davis while leaving rondo open either.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

If before the series someone said we would be down 1-2, would anyone be surprised?

Yall are freaking out because we won the first one. This isnt over. I believe will tie this up next game. Lets tighten up on rondo because hes doing way too much damage. We can actually live with the big games from AD and bron. We know from this point mcgee isnt going to be playing much if at all. Lets adjust to these lineups and put on a show.

bro2044 likes this.
  7. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

WOW! What am I missing here? Our two starts outscore their two start 63 to 62. Jeff Green pretty much matches Rondo's decent game 21 to 16. We shoot 40% from three but get severely out rebounded. (to be expected) BUT we lose by 10. WTF!

Rockets need to sack up in game 4 and need to blow them out to make a statement that the series is not over!

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

they didn't lose because of harden or westbrook.

the game was dead even with harden/westbrook trading production with lebron/davis.

it came down to rondo having a huge game, and eric gordon not.

stop always having to blame the guys at the top. role players play the game too.

ThatboyPhuong likes this.
  9. HROZ

HROZ Member

Rondo burst at the end of the 3rd start of the 4th seemed like the death knell

10. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

I'm not freaking out though, I said we still have hope, I'm just a bit hurt by this loss, and also mad at the NBA for treating LeBron like a ****ing baby.

11. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

100%, our star players did great.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

All we need to do is win 3 of the next 4. I think that's doable if LA will agree to not double Harden.

HP3 likes this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I didnt mean you i meant the board in general

EurostepHarde likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can't shoot to save their lives, Lu Dort, Rondo turn into Steph Curry vs. the Rockets.

AuburnRocket and Mr. Space City like this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

welp I think their is a solid chance that Covington has a concussion or broken nose/orbital/something. it looked like a real bad collision. also no idea wtf is happening with House.

16. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

We always knew the quality of posters on this board especially after a loss is.... Not great.

TWS1986 likes this.
  17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Rondo going off for 21 is a ******* problem.

HP3 likes this.
  18. SORF

SORF Member

And the bench
    Also, we had one player from the bench that scored. We had 16 bench points,,, all Green.
    Lakers had 42 points from their bench.

Where the hell is our bench in the last two games?

19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Last game, though a loss, felt like a moral victory. Coming back from 21 down, it just felt like they couldn't get away from us.

This game was a setback. It felt like we could never pull away, that every time we felt like we had something going, they hit some big shots and shut our offense down and that was that. Not sure what happens next game, but this one hurt.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tnt just got an update and RoCo's injury isn't expected to be anything to keep him out.