1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Westbrook have the worst contract in the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Sep 7, 2020.

?

Worst contract in the league?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes his contract is pure garbage. Simmons and Westbrook are the two that can't shoot on that list and once Westbrook can't beat defenders to the rim he is absolutely useless.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Oh playoffs, where everyone's takes are so extremely exaggerated after one game.

I am not, and have never been, a fan of Westbrook or the trade for him. With that said, if this team wants any chance to beat the Lakers and to legitimately challenge for a championship, they will need him to turn it around and have more good games than bad.
    Harden, Gordon, Tucker, Covington is not enough to get it done on their own. This is the situation we out ourselves in and we have to roll with it and hope he does much, much better

tycoonchip, Patience and IvanLCPM like this.
  3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Everyone's been getting swatted on drives against the Lakers. They are big and they are a good defensive team with 4 legit shot blockers. I am more concerned with his bad 3s and live ball turnovers. Those are killers.

He just needs to figure out what else he can do against this team to be successful (NOT shooting 3s). I am ok with him shooting his midrange 2s TBH. It throws another variable into our attack, and he seems to be able to make enough of them to be respectable.

Zoplicone likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Has anyone considered his injury is really hurting his game? Not that being injury prone makes him tradeable... just he appears a different player athleticism wise Pre and post quad injury

malakas likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

CP3s contract is worse, OKC tried to unload him before the season, that was always the plan.

The issue is, young teams don't want him because they'd rather go with young guys and win now teams can't trade for him because they'd have to gut their teams to do so.

Miami would have had to give up young core members to get CP3.
    Bucks would have to give up key pieces to get him.
    All the places he can go and 'win now' would have to give up things to get him.

Westbrook is a different beast. The Rockets CAN trade him, that I have no doubt, it's just that if you do trade him it'll likely be the end of the Harden era. Unless you're getting a superstar back (you won't) but a lot of teams that want to be relevant would go for him. Miami was thirsting after him and would have had him if he decided to go there.

A lot of teams are just content with being relevant, especially in the East. They might get in on a Westbrook trade knowing he'd help with that.

Chris Paul is just older, that's the biggest issue with trading for him. While he had fun with this OKC revenge tour, it sounds like from his latest "Thanks to OKC" message he's done playing there and I doubt he'd like to get traded to another OKC situation.

I think lots of teams that made the playoffs would LOVE CP3 on their teams, Rockets included. I'm sure Rockets would not have had 0 issues running CP3-Harden-Russ out there...the problem is his contract and his age makes the situation he has to go to very specific.

Miami probably has moved on from him and likely have their sights set on bigger fish like Giannis while the Bucks just can't gut their team for CP3 as I doubt that keeps Giannis around. Lakers MIGHT do it if we knock their team out of the playoffs, I could see them making a desperate move like that. Philly could, but no way they'd give up Simmons for him and I'm not sure what OKC would want from them...so yeah, it's difficult.

#25 JayGoogle, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    ronclone, s3ts and Xerobull like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Toss up between Russ and Wall. I voted yes but after thinking about it, and Wall's injuries, I'd probably go Wall.

ronclone likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

/thread

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

No question Wb’s contract is up there with wall’s being the worst. Tobias is also pretty bad considering he’s just an ok player being paid like a all star. He isn’t even close

ronclone likes this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Dude, your abrupt and blunt posts are like unintentional comedy, hilarious.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Westbrook scores 40 in game 3.
    Impulse new thread started about how Houston will win it all because of Russ.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Westbrook is worse than Kelvin Cato. Travis Scott will be requesting a refund on his next single.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He just wants to show his abilities in front Leborn. Actually he can show it once Houston gets a 20 points lead or in 4th quarter rubbish times

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, one of the best posters around....

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

There are some worse ones, but it's pretty bad.

WB's injury has clearly caused him to be out of rhythm though, I feel like I can't truly judge his playoff performance alongside Harden unless there is a normal season and he doesn't have an injury to cause him to miss the first several playoff games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

That is fine, if a LeBron has to exert maximum energy to hunt down Westbrook then I will take it. I would rather LeBron swat Westbrook than him shooting a wide open three.

Zoplicone likes this.
  16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Rhythm is more of shooting and finesse type plays. Rhythm isn't involved in a guy who drives to the basket but forgets to bring the ball along for the ride.

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, from experience (at very low levels of basketball lol), ball handling is very much apart of rhythm. If you don't play for awhile, the timing just isn't there at first.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

19. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He has no shame. Look at this

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He might not be THE worst contract in the league, but he's certainly one of the worst in the league....and worse than the contract we traded away to get stuck with him.